@Morello/Ghostcrawler - Please Nerf responsibly.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WatDaWat

03-23-2014

You really just need to tone down the horridly broken things like Kha'zix for example.

Deal with that and you'll allow the suffocated champs to play again

Morello

Lead Designer

03-23-2014
5 of 35 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyTeemo4Life View Post
@Morello

I have a question for you.
Do riot have a plan regarding nidalle? Her current state is toxic to the game i think it would be reasonable to shift her power from Q to cougar form or make missing a Q punishing by larger cd if it dont hit the champion or simply increase the mana cost of this skill.
Not prioritized, but we totally agree here. This is the exact breakdown we see in what's wrong with Nidalee.

Morello

Lead Designer

03-23-2014
6 of 35 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodBroJ View Post
so you guys are fixing that bs pantheon ult change?
We're still messing with Pantheon. PBE is for the kind of feedback we get there!

Morello

Lead Designer

03-23-2014
7 of 35 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlighte View Post
I'll try and phrase this as non-combative as possible even though this is something I am highly passionate about. Is there any reason that balance changes are being released at the rate they are? The community, and seemingly rioters all agree that the balance changes are NOT coming out fast enough, nor are they being well-executed. I don't think any of us are going to claim that the days back in S1-S2 Riot's balance was better, but it seemed to be a lot more consistent at least.

Riot in general says, "We realize we did this wrong, and could do it better. And we are going to do it better in the future." But honestly, with the issue of patches being as slow as they are, it seems unlikely that we will ever see progress made in improving the feedback/response loop because of timeline problems.

So the biggest question I've got is why are balance changes taking such an excruciatingly long time?
And on a smaller note, why can't we get faster updates, such as every other week for balance changes?
See my second post here - I think the reasons are similar (where it's a balance/vs unhealthy champion design problem).

Better Ban Sona

03-23-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Not prioritized, but we totally agree here. This is the exact breakdown we see in what's wrong with Nidalee.
Oh and while you are here, what is your current position on the state of sustain supports such as Sona and Soraka?

A few months ago you spoke on the lack of itemization for them, as well as the dominance on Annie in bottom lane. I still feel like my favorite champs are being held back from playing a prominent role in this game, though I understand the problems they cause when they were allowed to be strong. What are the plans for sustain supports in the future?

Morello

Lead Designer

03-23-2014
8 of 35 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servaetes View Post
With the ridiculous amount of accusations/hate Ghostcrawler has gotten from GD AND Reddit without even saying anything I'm not sure he'd want to, honestly. I don't even think the guy has had a chance to formally introduce himself.
Hilariously, GC even has less impact and interaction on game balance here as he's focused on helping on other areas (ie most of the ones I don't spend a lot of time with!) I chuckle when I see him get blamed for unpopular nerfs - getting blamed for that is my job!

Oaklen

03-23-2014

I miss other Junglers and AP tops. Is there love coming to some the AP tanks, since the Wota none-aura double AP comps have all but died, and beside Elise I feel like the jungle is a AD only area now. Is Maokia going to be getting mana help?

Better Ban Sona

03-23-2014

and Morello, if you do have time soon for my win #1000, I would much appreciate it ^.^

Morello

Lead Designer

03-23-2014
9 of 35 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizel View Post
When "Re-working" Gragas, why is it necessary to destroy AD Bruiser Gragas? Why is it unhealthy to change the Tank/Hybrid nature of his kit to a full AP kit? wouldn't have made more sense to nerf the AP ratios and base damage even further but compensate by giving him small buffs to the Tank/bruiser side of things?
When looking at Grags, we had to make a choice. Most of Gragas' unique functionality was that of a great tank. That's not really compatable with a good burst.

In this case, this is due to:

1) Grag's ult is a huge utility move. If it does high damage and utility, we'd have had to make it unreliable. Tanks, on the other hand, do need some stability in their engage or fight-starting pattern.

2) Gragas is a fat guy with a barrel. It is a bit weird if he's not tough (and toughness/time to kill should be inversely related).

3) It allowed us to put more utility functions on his kit, since most tanks need that. This coincides with the big team-related plays and functions Gragas already provides.

In essence, it's because they were mutually exclusive, and for the reasons above, we chose tank.

Morello

Lead Designer

03-23-2014
10 of 35 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic KO View Post
dont nerf lee please!
We're looking to pair back on Lee to just do the W change first (IE you can actually catch him, it punishes mistakes well, and makes the team-oriented case more important in relation) and keep watch on the state of him sans Vi and Elise as domineering junglers.