[Request] Left-hand Problem

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gonzalez

Recruiter

01-06-2010

I'm not sure this is the appropriate forum to post, yet...

As a left-handed, I was pretty amused during early closed beta that the game followed windows' mouse button setting. Some time in the beta this has changed - the game just accepted right-handed commands.

I had to take some time off gaming due to family issues.

Now I am here back - please implement at least an option in the menu to allow us to swap mouse buttons. I can do half of it on Key Bindings - yet I can't change the default "Left Mouse Button" action...

Also I would be most glad if people who supported this posted here. This shouldn't be too hard (just swap mouse buttons), and if any staff see this I would also like, if possible, a post or pm just to see you guys are looking at my post =]

Thanks in advance!

Greybear

01-07-2010

Well I am left handed also...I am not having the issue with the mouse as much as I am that I cannot move the spell buttons to the num pad.

But I whole support that ability to Customize the inputs and keybinding....this seems stupid in this day and age to have to make a request like this...I geel I am playing CROSSFIRE which also does not allow for left handed binding to the numeric pad.

Just in case someone says "Whats your left hand doing on the numeric pad" Its not, that is my right hand, but that is because I am left handed and my mouse is on the left side.

Ozweego

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-12-2010

Agreed. I would love to see the ability to add number pad keys as my secondary for QWER. As it stands now I am forced to play with the mouse in my right hand, reducing my ability to point and click with precision.

And pending that is impossible even allowing them to be switched to UIOP would be fantastic.

-Oz

NasaLunchControl

01-12-2010

I hate that i can't rebind the keys being left handed. I'd love to be able to use Delete, end, page down and insert for the spells. i totally agree with you guys that this is just silly that your unable to rebind them.

BluE TrUtH

02-05-2010

lol they don't give a **** about us, we're the minority

this ****ing proves it

****ty game doesn't care about players

Viro Melchior

02-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluE TrUtH View Post
lol they don't give a **** about us, we're the minority

this ****ing proves it

****ty game doesn't care about players
And being a junior member, posting trashy, is a GREAT way to get them to listen to the minority. Same reason suicide bombers don't ever actually accomplish change - people might fear them, but they don't want to do what they want either.

This is an issue that should be addressed by Riot (I'm a "more typical" righty), but talking **** to them is only going to make them ignore the thread.

Hinderance

02-23-2010

Let me also say the key bindings suck. And not being able to re-assign them to a solid half my keyboard makes it much harder to play.

HolyPieceOfShi

01-22-2011

HY there.

I am having the same problem.

My ass is beying kicked for that reason. As I play rts games (starcraft II) this mouse issue is terrible. I keep pressing the wrong keys.

Is there any plan to solve that issue? Is this a game bug or a windows bug?

Tks !!

Perb

01-22-2011

Before you do any of this, make a backup of your input.ini file if you have many keybind changes already in case you want to revert back.

Here's a way to swap the mouse buttons in game (not pvp.net). You won't have to redo this every patch.

Open with Notepad:
C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\game\DATA\CFG\input.ini

Paste this on a new line at the bottom:

Code:
[GameEvents]
evntPlayerPing = [alt][Button 2]
evtPlayerSelectClick = [Button 2]
evtPlayerMoveClick = [Button 1]
evtPlayerAttackMoveClick = [Shift] [Button 1]
evtPetMoveClick = [Alt] [Button 1]
evtPetReturn = [Alt] [Button 2]

[HUDEvents]
evtOnUIMouse1 = [Button 2]
evtOnUIMouse2 = [Button 1]
If there's duplicates of [GameEvents] or [HUDEvents] in the input.ini file after you paste, just delete the fresh duplicate.

----------

Here's a way to rebind skills to keys not normally possible in game. You won't have to redo this every patch either.

Open with Notepad:
C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\game\DATA\CFG\input.ini

Paste this on a new line somewhere under [GameEvents] (I'll change QWER to Numpad keys for an example):
Code:
evtCastSpell4 = [Num7]
evtCastSpell3 = [Num8]
evtCastSpell2 = [Num9]
evtCastSpell1 = [Num+]
evtCastAvatarSpell1 = [Num4]
evtCastAvatarSpell2 = [Num5]

evtLevelSpell4 = [Ctrl][r]
evtLevelSpell3 = [Ctrl][e]
evtLevelSpell2 = [Ctrl][w]
evtLevelSpell1 = [Ctrl][q]

evtSelfCastSpell1  = [Alt][q]
evtSelfCastSpell2  = [Alt][w]
evtSelfCastSpell3  = [Alt][e]
evtSelfCastSpell4  = [Alt][r]
evtSelfCastAvatarSpell1  = [Alt][d]
evtSelfCastAvatarSpell2  = [Alt][f]

evtSmartCastSpell1  = [Shift][q]
evtSmartCastSpell2  = [Shift][w]
evtSmartCastSpell3  = [Shift][e]
evtSmartCastSpell4  = [Shift][r]
evtSmartCastAvatarSpell1  = [Shift][d]
evtSmartCastAvatarSpell2  = [Shift][f]
If you don't care about the keybind for: level up spell, self cast spell, or smart cast spell, you don't have to copy/paste those sections. If you do, feel free to change those keybinds also.

----------

If I was confusing or not clear about something, I added example input.ini files below. Just be sure to rename whichever one you use to "input.ini" (I had to upload it as a .txt file) and place it in the "C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\game\DATA\CFG" folder.

leftyjustice

04-30-2011

it'd be nice if this still works

i doubt they even considered how they ****ed over left handed gamers by removing the ability to do this