Recent latency increase

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Archons

Adjudicator

01-06-2010

Due to the connection between my ISP and the GOA servers in Paris I have been forced to play on the US servers. When playing on EU the traffic was routed to the US and back anyway for some reason. On US however I've always had a stable connection with a ping of around 190 ms.

This has been working fine until the third of January, when the same problem has started to appear here. My latency is always higher than before, never better than 300 ms, and varies wildly depending on overall traffic (at least I think so, since it goes up at primetime and is almost playable when it's 5 am in US), up to more than 1000 ms sometimes.

I know this might have to do with my ISP (bahnhof, Sweden) but I can't be sure. Did Riot or your provider change anything between the second and third? I hate to see how I can't get a good game on either side of the Atlantic anymore, and I've never had these problems with my ISP before LoL.

Regards
Archons

Toruk Macto

01-06-2010

funny i also have bahnhof and also getting 3-5sec delay on everything i do in game. game was always smooth, but few days after week6 hero rotation it became laggy and straight out unenjoyable. i tried other online games (hon, dota, codmw2) and no lag there. i even made european account and played there. but it was even worse there. lag AND awful noneglish talking players AND insane 8min queues.

i just hope its something with the servers and it all will be good after friday jan8 maintenance. if not then i guess ill have to start cutting wrists again for adrenaline :'<

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

01-06-2010

As far as I know they haven't changed anything with the servers. Generally when you can keep track of the latency going up and down at certain times it has to do with the ISP, and traffic on that network. Not saying this is the same in your cause, but a general rule of thumb.

Archons

Adjudicator

01-07-2010

Yes I do realize it probably has something to do with my ISP, since none of my friends have any problems. However I kind of don't want that to be true...

Too bad really, since I've never had any problems with anything before, but now my favorite game is unplayable...