fps steadily growing worse over time??

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Durion Stormrage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-08-2011

Has anyone else had this issue where the fps steadily gets worse and worse the more you games you play? I have just noticed it and its pretty predictable.

The first game i have the graphics on high and the fps is nice with 30 fps pretty consistently. however if i dont restart my computer from a cold boot, each game's fps grows worse and worse. Even when i close and reopen LoL it still does it. I am just curious as to whether its an issue being worked on or if I am the only one. And also is there any workaround?

Computer Spec

Macbook Pro

2.4 ghz intel core 2 du

Memory 4 GB

Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce 320M

BabyDiperGravy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2011

I get about 25fps and the game always ends at about 10-15 so its not just you

PURPLEflapjacks

01-08-2011

Iono bout you but i had 60 fps today for a solid bit. Then minions spawned.....

sciyth

01-09-2011

Happens to me sometimes. my first game will be 60 fps. my next will be 45-50. and then it will maybe go down to 30.

sometimes when i log on and my fps is 25-30 and no matter what i do it stays their. <-- this one has started happening more often and in the past couple days (5 games) i have seen 1-3 people in each game ping 350 or higher most of the other people had 150+ and i had 90. I think either a lot of people were on that day or somethings going on with the game.

Aroyok

01-09-2011

I have this same problem on an iMac. My frames always dips once action starts heating up and there are minions everywhere ect ect, but at some point(maybe after 3-4 games) there is a sudden drop in performance. The frames drop down to the 5-10 range and the mac struggles to load everything happening in game. Dropping the graphics settings does NOT fix this.

I used to think that it was due to my video card overheating. When I played in Bootcamp+Win7, I noticed games would tank if my system got too hot. I fixed my cooling issues but this sudden drop in performance remains. The issue might have to do with how OSx uses RAM. Sometimes when you leave a program open for a while, it slowly eats up more and more and more ram. I've experimented with getting a program called Onyx to clear my ram so I don't have to reboot whenever I want a smooth LoL experience, but I haven't come up with a solution yet.

Durion Stormrage

Recruiter

01-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroyok View Post
I have this same problem on an iMac. My frames always dips once action starts heating up and there are minions everywhere ect ect, but at some point(maybe after 3-4 games) there is a sudden drop in performance. The frames drop down to the 5-10 range and the mac struggles to load everything happening in game. Dropping the graphics settings does NOT fix this.

I used to think that it was due to my video card overheating. When I played in Bootcamp+Win7, I noticed games would tank if my system got too hot. I fixed my cooling issues but this sudden drop in performance remains. The issue might have to do with how OSx uses RAM. Sometimes when you leave a program open for a while, it slowly eats up more and more and more ram. I've experimented with getting a program called Onyx to clear my ram so I don't have to reboot whenever I want a smooth LoL experience, but I haven't come up with a solution yet.
Is this program free and has it worked for you?

EDIT: Where can i find it?

kardus

01-11-2011

If you have a ~2 year old mac, you should easily get upwards of 40-50+ fps with everything on low on a high res, capped at 60fps (running an nvidia chip). Probably more if you have an ATI. I also seem to get 10-20 less FPS average on the 5v5 map, so bear in mind that your 'lower' fps is a legitimate problem and not because there is more action going on in your view, or the map is the same. Also, many minions and graphics things going on will OBVIOUSLY drop your framerate, this would be the case in any game or any application using graphical processing.

Aroyok

01-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durion Stormrage View Post
Is this program free and has it worked for you?

EDIT: Where can i find it?
Onyx is free, but I haven't found it to be a sure fire way to fix the issue.

Here it is if you wanna give it a whirl:
http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/11582/onyx

EDIT: Sorry for the huge delay, I was stuck at work(I work at a hotel) for four days due to weather.