Alistar Thoughts

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Enoch Khufu

Member

04-27-2011

great changes, new alistar is fun to play. AP build is more challenging than the AD build, more strategy and more effective with proper player management.

Although Ult seems a bit out of place, maybe increase AP or MS vs. AD, or

remove the AD altogether and make it a team buff (last 1/2 as long for friendlies and kind of like an anti-karthus ult),r? Also why orbiting rocks?


Thanks again!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mooser69

Senior Member

04-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Khufu View Post
great changes, new alistar is fun to play. AP build is more challenging than the AD build, more strategy and more effective with proper player management.

Although Ult seems a bit out of place, maybe increase AP or MS vs. AD, or

remove the AD altogether and make it a team buff (last 1/2 as long for friendlies and kind of like an anti-karthus ult),r? Also why orbiting rocks?


Thanks again!
Agree with this, although I think something should be done about the trample causing tower aggro when trying to proc your sheen with your heal. Completely ruins his pushing ability.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Popcorn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-27-2011

I think the current Alistar needs movement speed when his passive is activated because atm he's still kinda reliant on ghost/flash.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Enoch Khufu

Member

04-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popcorn01 View Post
I think the current Alistar needs movement speed when his passive is activated because atm he's still kinda reliant on ghost/flash.
What exactly is reliant? I see people griping about this when they complain bout remake.

From personal experience my two spells are teleport and flash... I'd use cleanse and teleport if I had the mastery skills since atm I'm using teleport way more than flash in my games, and when I do use flash it is mainly to escape. Is that reliant? Because if it is than I'd say all the other champs benefit from flash in this way.

About 25% of the time I use flash, its in an aggressive situation, ie. to initiate or capitalize on an over extended enemy. Is this reliant? Is Flash meant solely as an escape tool?

tl:dr: I'm confused on what reliant is, I dont feel like Im reliant on ghost and flash does that mean either I'm doing something wrong (doubt it - check profile to see massive winning streak note: all are solo normal) or could I be using flash in a WAY MORE devastating fashion?

If so I'm excited!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Judicate

Member

04-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Khufu View Post
What exactly is reliant? I see people griping about this when they complain bout remake.

From personal experience my two spells are teleport and flash... I'd use cleanse and teleport if I had the mastery skills since atm I'm using teleport way more than flash in my games, and when I do use flash it is mainly to escape. Is that reliant? Because if it is than I'd say all the other champs benefit from flash in this way.

About 25% of the time I use flash, its in an aggressive situation, ie. to initiate or capitalize on an over extended enemy. Is this reliant? Is Flash meant solely as an escape tool?

tl:dr: I'm confused on what reliant is, I dont feel like Im reliant on ghost and flash does that mean either I'm doing something wrong (doubt it - check profile to see massive winning streak note: all are solo normal) or could I be using flash in a WAY MORE devastating fashion?

If so I'm excited!
The Bull needs Flash to set up the perfect Headbutt/Pulverize combo. He runs too slowly to do it properly otherwise if the other guy is paying even a touch of attention.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Enoch Khufu

Member

04-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erinn View Post
The Bull needs Flash to set up the perfect Headbutt/Pulverize combo. He runs too slowly to do it properly otherwise if the other guy is paying even a touch of attention.
Fair enough, but I'd argue the bread and butter of Ali is the Q than W to team mates for finish.
Usually W is back up in time to help finish.

Insde the choas of a team fight W - Q is fairly easy to execute.

But for 2v2 or laning situation I can see where it's reliant on Flash... however overall I'd think it would be unfair if Allistar could W-Q easily? I mean early game would be dominated by W-Q within turret range or to partner for finish.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MTaur

Senior Member

04-28-2011

Alistar shouldn't get to W+Q to his heart's content just for being Alistar. It's a devastating combo and you should have to pay for it with items, runes, and/or strategy.

First of all, the patch notes specify that his base move speed has gone up.

Second, move speed runes are an option

Third, Boots of Swiftness: Alistar doesn't need Mercury's Treads as much as some tanks because of the Quicksilver Sash effect built into his ultimate. If you get Boots of Swiftness, your W+Q threat goes up and your enemies either have to take Move3 boots themselves or they have to otherwise strategize for it.

Fourth: Shurelya's Reverie. SR + Triumphant Roar = 3 second Ghost. Can be done once every 40 seconds or so with 33% CDR; a Spirit Visage is a good place to get another 15%.

Of course, you COULD just do ghost and flash if you wanted to. But since Trample ignores collisions already, getting the movespeed in there someplace else and saving a summoner spell seems like a better option.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vsin

Senior Member

04-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaur View Post
Alistar shouldn't get to W+Q to his heart's content just for being Alistar. It's a devastating combo and you should have to pay for it with items, runes, and/or strategy.

First of all, the patch notes specify that his base move speed has gone up.

Second, move speed runes are an option

Third, Boots of Swiftness: Alistar doesn't need Mercury's Treads as much as some tanks because of the Quicksilver Sash effect built into his ultimate. If you get Boots of Swiftness, your W+Q threat goes up and your enemies either have to take Move3 boots themselves or they have to otherwise strategize for it.

Fourth: Shurelya's Reverie. SR + Triumphant Roar = 3 second Ghost. Can be done once every 40 seconds or so with 33% CDR; a Spirit Visage is a good place to get another 15%.

Of course, you COULD just do ghost and flash if you wanted to. But since Trample ignores collisions already, getting the movespeed in there someplace else and saving a summoner spell seems like a better option.
And all four options get shat on the instant someone throws any CC at him. Galio has a movespeed steroid AND a slow, and yet positioning his Ult virtually requires Flash. Why? Because fast movement <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< instant positioning.

Since when was the Pulverize > Headbutt combo easy? You're forced to save your built-in distance closer (Headbutt) to finish the combo, meaning you either need to flash into position or walk over there. Y'know how Nasus is gimped by kiting? Same thing with a Flashless Alistar. Unless you're hoping to counter-initiate every single time, all you'll be doing is eating slows for ten years before getting there...if you even get there at all.

Now, if you were talking about Headbutt > Midair Pulverize (which your W+Q notation would imply) then I feel stupid.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jacaari

Senior Member

04-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Khufu View Post
What exactly is reliant? I see people griping about this when they complain bout remake.

From personal experience my two spells are teleport and flash... I'd use cleanse and teleport if I had the mastery skills since atm I'm using teleport way more than flash in my games, and when I do use flash it is mainly to escape. Is that reliant? Because if it is than I'd say all the other champs benefit from flash in this way.

About 25% of the time I use flash, its in an aggressive situation, ie. to initiate or capitalize on an over extended enemy. Is this reliant? Is Flash meant solely as an escape tool?

tl:dr: I'm confused on what reliant is, I dont feel like Im reliant on ghost and flash does that mean either I'm doing something wrong (doubt it - check profile to see massive winning streak note: all are solo normal) or could I be using flash in a WAY MORE devastating fashion?

If so I'm excited!
If you aren't using Flash for offense 100% of the time youare a terrible player.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MTaur

Senior Member

04-28-2011

I'm just saying that adding movespeed bonus to Trample would be OP. Flash is the best way to execute W+Q when you REALLY want to get it to work. I just think Ghost isn't necessary on Alistar.

I was referring to letting them land and then doing Q. I haven't been practicing the midair Q, but if it's possible, I can see how it would be useful and I'll start practicing it. (I'd rather not botch it, as in that case it does quite the opposite of what it's intended to do)