Alistar Thoughts

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mortaken

01-10-2011

The proposed Alistar changes make me sad, as he is one of my favorite characters to play. Getting rid of the Pulverize + Headbutt combo (by reducing the stun duration on Pulverize) ruins Alistar's trademark combo. Flash will be even more of a crutch, especially early game as it will be the only way to knock enemies towards your tower.

You said yourself that Alistar wasn't really in that bad of a spot. All Alistar really needs is a reworked passive and the ability to Headbutt enemy minions. Making Triumphant Roar more interesting is gravy, as is possibly slightly lowering the cooldowns on Pulverize and Headbutt at higher ranks.

Stentor222

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotusAndFish View Post
please don't change his ultimate as it was what makes him such a great tower pusher in dire moments, not that silly AoE passive, if anything that AoE passive is going to make the tower aggro on him when an enemy champion retaliates

why switch out attack damage for move speed? i can get move speed from various sources: runes, masteries, boots,an allied champion buff, or the summoner spell ghost, etc

that attack damage is a nice trump card to take just a little more health off a tower and kill it without having to stray away from building tanky

it's been noticeable since armor pen was nerfed on towers that his passive was useless (compared to other champs), but it was always the attack damage he got from his current ultimate (to me) which made him the defined tower pusher (even more so since heimer grenade nerf)

leave it be or slap on both the attack damage and move speed, is it really op to give his ultimate both? tryn can go invincible (not invulnerable like ali), get full rage juice stacks, and zippidy do da spin away if needed with his cost-free spinarooni

at max level, i get 8 seconds to slap a tower (or inhibitor for that matter) at will,so if you're going to change him (particularly his) ultimate, i hope it's on par with what he can do now

as for the thoughts on pulverize, range increase for less stun time sounds bad, how often am i honestly going to make use of that range increase? especially early game laning vs 2 champs?? team fights? I don't think the other team will blob up and even if they do, the current range suffices.

sure it remedies a bit of his problems of closing the distance but it may also make it harder to do one his combos in the end, by the time the other team gets some CC reduction via mercs or ability, they'll be able to run away ever so little after pulverize, thus when activating headbutt on them they'll end up landing some where i don't want them to go

i don't know the details of how low the cool down is presumed to be, but what ever it is, is not the worth the loss, since team fights won't last long enough for it to matter

as i am dedicated to Alistar as my main champion, i hope you won't change him enough to make me uninstall the game
+ 1000.

also has anyone thought about making his passive a sheen-like proc? where he gains some extra damage for one hit for a few seconds after using pulv / hb / tr??? not sure if it would be too much burst, but he is a freaking minotaur and as far as I can remember they hit like a truck...

I think that the current passive now would be great if it it applied to minions in addition to towers and would fix a lot of problems with farming waves of creeps quickly mid/late game without having to put pulverize on cd.

other than that I think alistar is fine the way he is, though cd reductions to his hb and pulv would be nice

just my two cents... also thank you guinsoo for going to the community and asking for their input. we appreciate it and look forward to the remake/buff!

Checknmate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-10-2011

i have played about 40+ games now with him and i love him as he is sure i would like more speed or more aoe but really i smash turrets quickly once passed lvl 6 with my ult and really at team fights how much dmg should a tank do? i like that i can move people around / stun and pop my ult when they FF me or just take the turret fire when we turret dive a champ.. At level 18 i stay in fights take mass dmg i love him lol

Breadsecutioner

01-10-2011

As it is now, I only drop one point each in Headbutt and Pulverize until level 18 (yes, I know that leaves lots of unassigned points), as their mana costs skyrocket. The only benefit to adding points to these abilities is extra damage, which is still pretty small compared to the damage carries do. As Alistar, I don't play to do damage; I play to support my team, which means having lots of mana for Triumphant Roar and Unbreakable Will. If the team-play usefulness of his first two abilities is increased as more points are added, I think the change would be very beneficial.

MindGamez

01-10-2011

Change his passive to the Trample idea and allow him to Headbutt minions.

There... Alistair fix done.

McSuperman

01-10-2011

thanks for responding to us

Forum Poster

01-10-2011

I'd like to know why my post is -3. Can't Alistar players even share that with me? Since 3 of you did it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindGamez View Post
Change his passive to the Trample idea and allow him to Headbutt minions.

There... Alistair fix done.

And here's a guy who actually wants to be able to Headbutt minions...

Why???

Dirty Foot

01-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PallasAthens View Post
On the healing bits and how some think it should heal allies more, Alistars a tank, not a portable healing pool. Be happy to know that he provides some heal unlike other tanks. Not counting Taric.
If a tank is going to have a heal instead of a tank ability, it does need to be worth having. I think a wider radius with diminishing returns on champs further out might do the trick.

Edit: I also don't really think Taric is considered a tank anymore, otherwise people would also consider Kayle a tank still, lol.

Ammers

01-10-2011

I think being able to headbutt minions will be annoying as hell. It will be terribly difficult to target a single enemy out of a wave of minions. : /

He's awesome where he's at now. I kind of like the new passive, but the ult was fine. And his heal was fine if you understand that you need to kill minions for it. What's the big deal?

Ilifalre

01-10-2011

Alistar has the highest survivability of any tank atm. Nerf that dmg reduction of his ult hard and his passive survivabiliy a little and you have a deal. Otherwise these changes give him Galios MR, Rammus's armor, and better than ammumus CC.

After reading these change's i bought alistar so i can hop on the OP train ASAP.