Alistar Thoughts

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Talisid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2011

The decreased duration on the stun makes it seem like it would be harder to Pulverize+Headbut combo someone into your teammates but with trample allowing you to path THOUGH the person you just stunned instead of around and doing some damage in the process it may offset it somewhat.

EC Defiler

01-08-2011

I don't think an AoE cleanse was that OP though.

Guinsoo

Game Designer

01-08-2011
2 of 17 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kefkac View Post
i do like the changes,especially the new passive, just hoping the stun duration on pulverize isn't lowered a lot

The only thing I dislike is headbutting minions,i think that is unecessary and could cause some rage in game due to headbutting a minion and letting someone get away
This is something we considered. I personally like it, but am not attached to it. So far however it has not proven to be a problem in internal tests, and the benefits have outweighed the drawbacks.

MoldyApple

01-08-2011

Hey Guinsoo, It's Reep.

First off my main account is banned from the forums, and I have no idea why. That is why I'm on this account.

Regardless, just today I made a topic concerning the bugs Alistar is plagued with. In fact, there is a new one that was introduced just this patch.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=436924

Thank you for your time, and I'm glad that you finally have told the community about the remake. Now my friends will stop bugging me frantically about the remake.

I would rather you completely dropped these changes and fixed the bugs rather than vica versa. Also, I am a little disappointed about the AD removal on his ultimate. I'm sure I have already told you this.

Alistar's base AD at level 18 is 120. A Trinity Force proc will bring that AD up to 300. With the current +90 Physical Damage on Alistar's ultimate, Alistar can easily reach over 400 AD. With his ult on at level 18, a Trinity Force crit will deal 680 damage to a ranged minion. Taking that +90 AD away will severely hurt the roll Stonewall008 and I like to put Alistar under, which is a tanky DPS, or a Bruiser, as I like to say.

Granted, movespeed is never a bad thing on Alistar, but I feel like movespeed is too easy to obtain. Zeal stacking is very viable, so are Boots of Swiftness/Mobility, and let's not forget movespeed quints and masteries. Taking away that phsyical damage buff will really nerf AD Alistar and buff AP Alistar. Tank Alistar is still out of the question, at the moment these buffs will push him even further away from Tank Alistar since the movespeed change + headbutt change will give him even more survivability. Are you sure that's what you want?

Edit: Also, I'm very concerned about the Pulverize stun duration. This will make it even easier for ranged carries to just Flash out before you can headbutt them. I'm sure I have told you this as well.

brislove

01-08-2011

Honestly, all he needs is reduced cooldowns at rank 5. the reduced effect/cost/CD on heal would be nice.

larger AoE and .5 knock up .5 stun would be fine. His big problem is the CD on his abilities.

TheFezig

01-08-2011

Thanks for the update. This sort of post from you guys is always great to see. The changes are cool, I especially like the increased range on pulverize. Enabling him to apply CC to a larger group for a smaller amount of time is an interesting and logical trade-off. The change to his ult does reduce his pushing ability, which I sorta liked.

Was it discussed to add a small (less than Kayle's Heal) speed buff to Roar? One of the consistent problem's I have had with Alistar is his low speed creating positioning problems, which can decrease his tanking ability by allowing him to be outmaneuvered fairly easily. Granted, your change to his ult and increasing his AoE ability ought to help with this, I am just curious if a speed buff built into Roar or a slight increase (~5-10) to his move speed was discussed and why it may have been tabled / dismissed.

Virg the Placid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2011

I approve of this. Love seeing what you guys are thinking about when you touch up champs.

ThatSaulSheWrote

01-08-2011

not a fan of losing stun time on pulverize at all. Love the target minions headbutt, though.

John McCain

01-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinsoo View Post
If we want a shorter cooldown and better hitbox on it, the disable time has to go down, too.
Now he's ANGRY.

Walt Whitman

01-08-2011

Also this doesn't really solve the problem with Alistar having to run flash to be useful.