Alistar Thoughts

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lebrand James

01-08-2011

"Triumphant Roar - Cooldown, cost, and effect reduced about 15%."

Can you explain why his heal needs to be like this? I always thought that his heal was kinda iffy, so he spams a weaker heal now? :O

Crimson Rose

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2011

inb4reep

ZSabre

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

01-08-2011

Cools.

Jemrin

01-08-2011

I like where this is going
I played him for a few games personally and the problem I usually had was that he felt slow
especially since positioning is crucial on him

Also Headbutting minions would be awesome especially if you can get two Alistars and a neutral creep
it would be like a game XD

DonVadim

01-08-2011

Next aoe tank. I thought you wanted to switch tank aoe meta into something different. Also why the f~~~ alistar should get rework before evelynn, while she is waiting for 4th month now ?

WzDson

01-08-2011

this makes it worse than how he is now

Deadlytorch

01-08-2011

I like the new one!

Jarenth

01-08-2011

Triumphant Roar, imo, does not need a change. It has a cooldown reduction ala Taric already, and when I play him, I can almost chain cast it because of this. Also, I'm a little leary of reducing yet another heal spell's effect, even if you compensate by making it cost the same over time.

I LOVE the passive change. THAT is what a tank should be doing. Granted, it removes him from the list of back-dooring champions, especially if you knock off the damage from his ultimate. However, it really will help with his ability to tank for his allies, interrupt the enemies, and farm minions.

Final thought... good direction. I worry that this might be a bit too much of a loss of damage with the reduction from passive and ultimate. However, with just a minor teak (such as more attack speed or AS/level), that could be compensated for.

Keep testing. Keep working. Don't release until it's finished. And thank you for asking before publishing.

brb getting sued

01-08-2011

Remake Unbreakable Will so it summons an unkillable Will Smith that attacks only turrets

Kayote

01-08-2011

I've seen a handful of Alistars and a few good ones. His biggest problem and really his only problem I've ever seen is farming.

Other than that most good Alistars I've seen will always come from an odd angle, flash into the enemy team, slam the ground, and punt the carry into their team, then ult and either bash face in or run. The best ones stay so to keep aggro on baddies that focus the tank.

Giving him a little extra farm power will do him well.