Alistar Thoughts

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KillinUrDoodz

01-08-2011

As someone who does not play Alistar, but enjoys playing with a good Alistar, I feel like you should try to make him more reliable and let him do what he does now easier. I love when Alistar has a good game, it's fun and we always wreck face. I am frustrated as much as Alistar when his CC bugs out (like sending someone backwards three times in a row :x).

Have you considered a simple movement speed buff?

Prometheius

01-08-2011

I'm liking it.

Beigesian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2011

New passive sounds amazing

Ghettobarney

01-08-2011

I would think so yes, I haven't played alistar too much but I know he is reliant on positioning more than any other champ just about, to the point where you need ghost/flash/boots of mobility just to be able to do it. I think it would be cool if his base move speed were increased slightly so he wouldn't at least be the slowest champ in the game although that probably wouldn't be necessary if the ultimate move speed buff were enough.

ShiroAzure

01-08-2011

I personally think that he is fine the way he is now, he's a champion that is harder to play but if you get his play style you can do just fine.If this did go through though the only thing i would want to change is the taking away of his current passive.

LordUraj

01-08-2011

Trample sounds like an awesome passive, obviously it'd have to be toned to reasonable measures to keep it from being too powerful, but the idea of Alistar being able to move around the battlefield more easily than other champions (by ignoring unit collision) and dealing slight AoE would allow him to perform his job more easily.

I think a lower cooldown and larger hitbox on Pulverize would more than justify a reduction in the stun duration. Having an AoE non-ulti stun is great as is, it doesn't need to be terribly long to be effective. With Trample, it'd also make it much easier to quickly reposition Alistar for an optimal Headbutt angle.

Overall I like the sound of these changes, and would certainly love to see Alistar pick up even a couple of these changes (particularly the passive). He was the first tank I ever really enjoyed, but I just find I lack the finesse to pull him off these days. I'd love to be able to sink my teeth into him again.

BehindYourCarry

01-08-2011

I don't play him all that much but I like.

Cirno9

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2011

I can't say that I like the sound of trample, but I haven't even seen it, so I can't really make the most accurate judgement. This rework would definitely make him more of a mobility, utilizing the movespeed on his ultimate to stay up with his target to deal damage with trample, and I must say I like that idea and synergy. I really can't see it helping farming, but that's probably just terrible imagination on my part.

kefkac

01-08-2011

i do like the changes,especially the new passive, just hoping the stun duration on pulverize isn't lowered a lot

The only thing I dislike is headbutting minions,i think that is unecessary and could cause some rage in game due to headbutting a minion and letting someone get away

ChileanDead

01-08-2011

Sounds good to me. I really like the proposed changes.