Alistar Thoughts

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Taziana

01-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinsoo View Post
Ah yes the Headbutt direction bug... I tried to solve that once and failed. I can try again!

As far as his damage, his new passive can generally be kept up all the time and provides pretty decent later game damage output. Would you agree that if it dealt 200 damage per second it would easily make up for the loss of Damage (it doesn't, but for argument's sake)? I think there's a number there that would still allow him to be effective. The new Alistar might not be an effective bruiser, but maybe he can fill more of the traditional tank role.
I think this is the problem, as I have never felt Alistar really filled the traditional tank role, nor do I think he should. I find him to be more of an effective off-tank or a protector of sorts, providing some decent CC.

I also feel his Triumphant Roar, while having a lower CD and cost, should not lower the healing done as well. I do not feel it is too strong at the moment nor have I seen anyone complain about it specifically in recent times. I like Triumphant Roar as it is, mostly the mana issue is the problem for me when I play him. I could see where not reducing the healing cost might become a bit of a problem with lower CD and cost allowing more spamming.

TodaysChaos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodpaly View Post
The one thing I mostly dislike about playing Alistar is that his abilities have such few benefits for ranking them up past the first point.
This changes that. They are planning on making it have lower CD's the more rank you put into a skill.

Right now you just level headbutt and heal first (because headbutt has higher base damage than pulverize).

isaro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2011

Can his passive scale off AP perhaps? lichbane/RoA alistar with his natural high resistances, would still be a very meaty champion but able to have quite the damage output.

CQReborn

01-08-2011

By the way, I'm just gonna throw it out here now so everyone knows where the original idea came from.
ZILEAN + ALISTAR = Cannonball combo, timebomb a minion and Alistar headbutts it behind enemy lines

CaptainBinkles

01-08-2011

Personally I would rather see the cd remain the same on pulverize if it means reducing the stun duration. It works well as a massive initiator, coupled with omen to cripple their escape.

Sure with a cd reduction i might be able to use it twice in a fight, but if i can land it once with 4-5 of them inside of it, I don't really want to use it a second time.

Again, personally I do like his passive, coupled with his ult's attack damage can put up some pretty sick tower damage early on, banking some much wanted gold for tower destruction in the early game. However, I do see the usefulness of triumphant roar with the new passive, and could probably get used to the new changes.

bluenuts

01-08-2011

Plz drop ur idea of redoing Alistar. What he needs is just a lower 4-6sec Cooldown on skill.
Unbreakable Will Add speed buff and higher MR and AR increase.

If my main champ is ruin, I'm just gonna quit this game. I spend over 2kgames and many hrs and 30bucks, 40k IP points, playing noob players just to lose. NOW this dumb idea of redoing my main champ. This is BS, for those players who don't know how to play him as he is now.

Rogmarz

Master Recruiter

01-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinsoo View Post
What about if his passive scaled off of a defensive stat? Currently internally it scales off of +Health like vlad's W.

I think the movespeed on the ult makes it pretty useful for turret diving. You can get in quick, Pulverize/Headbutt them out. It also lets you dance under the turret pretty well.

So it seems like you're most strongly against move speed on the ultimate.
Or you could remove AP scaling and give Tank scaling to some of his skills. Heal ratio off Max/Bonus Health or even MR and Pulverize/Headbutt damage off Armor.

It's something I never liked about the inconsistency of Skill ratios, AD Carries get AD scaling, Casters use AP scaling, and Tanks don't build either, but often have high AP ratios leading to weird cases where newer players build pure AP on Tanks. Obviously not all AP ratios should be stripped from non AP Champions, as some Champions utilize them like "off Tanks", but I don't see why you would ever build an AP Rammus.

TodaysChaos

01-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CQReborn View Post
By the way, I'm just gonna throw it out here now so everyone knows where the original idea came from.
ZILEAN + ALISTAR = Cannonball combo, timebomb a minion and Alistar headbutts it behind enemy lines

You my friend, have won the internet.

8wURtC3RLUXhKbRT

01-08-2011

So you're destroying one of the only champions in the game who's best role is a tower pusher?

Wow.

That's a whole new level of HURR DURR right there.

KADAMA

01-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CQReborn View Post
Good but, I think Zilean + Evelyn works little better, Stealth bomber ftw