AD Udyr

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xion Moonray

01-08-2011

Copy/Pasted from General Discussion, because some c*ckwad Forum Police saw fit to troll.

-----------------------------------------------------

just bought Udyr. Played him a bit when he was free and I liked the concept, but I always felt Tiger Stance was way too weak, too weak for him to really compete with other DPSers. Now that it's been buffed, I want to start playng him AD, but I'm still confused as to how exactly I should play him...

For the record, my runes are ArPen reds, Dodge yellows, MRegen/5 blues, HP Quints.

Can AD Udyr jungle? What's a good build? I've tried practice games jungling twice. First game I started with Cloth Armor + 5 HP Pots, I got through okay but it was slow (Blue, Wolves, Wraiths, Liz, Golems). Second game I tried Vamp Scepter + HP pot, and got through faster on a differant route (Blue, Wolves, Wraiths, Golem, Liz). So I'm thinking starting with Vamp + HP Pot is the way to go for Jungling, at least for me.

But then, is AD Udyr better suited for laning? What's a good laning build? If I were to lane with him, I think Vamp would still be a good starting item...

The bottom line:

AD Udyr, Jungle or Lane? What's a good build? Is IE a good idea? BT? Should I even bother with Crit?

Aemon Darkstar

01-08-2011

AD Udyr can work fine in jungle. Really good actually. Go Q-W-Q-E, gank, prioritize levelling Q and W, you CAN get R whenever you like, its a great skill, but your damage is Q. W is a no-brainer obviously.
You need zero AS thanks to passive+Tiger, so BT would be awesome. Wiggle's is an item every Udyr should have. I would not suggest crit, as you will be flipping Q & W in a teamfight, negating a lot of crit. Go for raw damage, and some survivability. Bloodthirster, Black Cleaver, Wiggle, Randuin, Bveil, all good items.

Cenerae

01-08-2011

Even if you're going to be AD Udyr, if you're going to jungle, start with R. Only get 2 ranks of it, though. You -can- jungle in tiger stance, but it's a lot slower than pheonix. So you may as well take advantage of the speed factor to be an early threat.

As for items, I'd suggest building a bit tanky, because being melee without a cc immunity like Yi or Olaf, and no 6 seconds of 'I can't die' like Trynd, means you're going to get killed very fast in teamfights without some defence to back it up.

PineapplePine

01-08-2011

I don't remember where the thread is anymore but someone did an experience with several different methods of jungling Udyr.

The conclusion was that with AS runes (I forgot how many but not all AS for sure), Udyr with tiger stance can jungle as effective (or almost as) an Udyr with phoenix stance.

Not very helpful but just pointing out that tiger Udyr can go on parr with phoenix Udyr jungling if you wanted.

MG Caboose315

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2011

when going AD Udyr tiger stance i go to lane with flash and ignite, starting with bear and getting tiger whenever i can

the new tiger is awesome in that it has a DoT nuke too as long as u hit them once with tiger they take the magic dmg, (i still go armor pen runes tho cause atk dmg is fairly good)

when going AD i usually grab a frozen mallet, to ghostblade then do some healthy items into an atmas for +atk dmg and crit

jungling works fine too with the new tiger cause of the atk speed bonus

i dont play udyr all that often tho so i havent tested the different possibilities but i usually find armor pen, armor, hp quints, and mr/lvl blues ok with most tanky dps (like olaf)

sometimes i go with additional armor pen quints and mp5 runes when there are already tankies and go more dps items

still, this is only what i MYSELF try, i dont play ranked that often, but if u can nail down when to go in with bear stun + tiger + retreat turtle to harass u should be good to go for the lane, as long as u dont get caught trying to chase down a ranged ashe, mf, kog, w/e awkwardly u should have a positive k/d

Bladesbane

01-08-2011

Never build crit on Udyr, since you don't crit in turtle. My favorite AD build is Phage, CDR boots, bloodthirster, GA. Get the GA to protect your bloodthirster stacks. Spirit visage can also work really nicely. Don't bother finishing the frozen mallet or trinity, phage is all you need.

Try this little trick when ambushing. Tiger, since you keep the chance to rake for a few seconds. Then ghost/bear, so your bear does the tiger rake with the stun hit, then tiger again. You've almost definitely got them slowed from the phage, and you've unloaded some crazy sick burst on your poor victim. Easy kill, and my fav way to gank. With AD Udyr I usually focus completely on armor and MR after the bloodthirster, that's all the damage you need for most games. You'll get focused, and a dead AD Udyr isn't killing anyone.

saixx

01-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PineapplePine View Post
I don't remember where the thread is anymore but someone did an experience with several different methods of jungling Udyr.

The conclusion was that with AS runes (I forgot how many but not all AS for sure), Udyr with tiger stance can jungle as effective (or almost as) an Udyr with phoenix stance.

Not very helpful but just pointing out that tiger Udyr can go on parr with phoenix Udyr jungling if you wanted.
An Udyr with AS runes also effects phoenix procs just so you're aware. Saying AS runes make tiger good enough to match phoenix isn't true when that same player with AS runes can use phoenix. Tiger did get a nic buff, but it isnt better for jungle start still.
Tiger without AS =/=phoenix
...so how can
Tiger with AS=phoenix with AS

Felix67

01-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by saixx View Post
An Udyr with AS runes also effects phoenix procs just so you're aware. Saying AS runes make tiger good enough to match phoenix isn't true when that same player with AS runes can use phoenix. Tiger did get a nic buff, but it isnt better for jungle start still.
Tiger without AS =/=phoenix
...so how can
Tiger with AS=phoenix with AS
He isnt saying AS tiger=AS phoenix
Hes saying AS tiger=No AS phoenix
I see ur point,hes just pointing out that u can get the same results with ur classic phoenix build.Phoenix would still be superior,its just something to make tiger jungle-able.