Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Remove Smite when Revive is removed.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nexus Crawler

03-16-2014

Compromise. Remove smite since it's basically a useless spell on a map with no creeps or objective mobs, keep clarity despite it maybe only being useful for some champions really early in the game.

TechPrince

03-17-2014

Or.... make smite castable on all animal champions like.. teemo !? lol.

FlukeSwarm

03-17-2014

Quote:
Fancy Wolf:
Im enforcing a meta without jungling? on a map with no jungle mobs?

You do realize smite can be used on pets and lane creeps right. Because it sounds like you don't.

Fancy Wolf

03-17-2014

Quote:
FlukeSwarm:
You do realize smite can be used on pets and lane creeps right. Because it sounds like you don't.

Are you really gonna sit here and tell me you'd bring smite if you saw an Annie/Heim on the enemy team?

and smiting a lane minion every 40 seconds with no other benefit than just casting smite and MAYBE killing it for gold, is definitely useful.

wolferer

03-17-2014

Quote:
Koravel:
I can't agree with this. The point with the Clarity example was that just because a spell is very sub par, it shouldn't be removed. You're enforcing the meta, and I'm afraid of the precedent that sets, (and yes, I realize revive trinkets are the same way, its part of the reason I'm against them).

Considering clarity was removed from SR, it should be removed from Dominion. It is way less useful in SR than it is in Dominion.

FlukeSwarm

03-17-2014

Quote:
Fancy Wolf:
Are you really gonna sit here and tell me you'd bring smite if you saw an Annie/Heim on the enemy team?

and smiting a lane minion every 40 seconds with no other benefit than just casting smite and MAYBE killing it for gold, is definitely useful.

It doesn't matter if I would or not.. theres some guy out there who would, just like theres people out there that play ineffective champs and buy ineffective items, should we just remove everything that doesn't work at 2300 elo?

SylianEUW

03-17-2014

Quote:
FlukeSwarm:
It doesn't matter if I would or not.. theres some guy out there who would, just like theres people out there that play ineffective champs and buy ineffective items, should we just remove everything that doesn't work at 2300 elo?
They removed Revive from SR and TT. Removing Smite and Clarity from Dominion seems fairly similar to removing Revive from SR and TT.

They've also removed Fortify, Promote, Rally, and Surge from the game before. Apparently there was a spell called "Stifle", I assume it was in Closed Beta. It silenced for 3 seconds and removed buffs, 150 sec cooldown. With a mastery point, 140 sec cooldown and 3.5 sec duration. Yeah... Sounds pretty broken. Anyway, I digress.

Should they remove Smite and Clarity from Dominion? I think so, yes.

Also, someone should update LoL Wikia, it still states that Revive can be used on SR, and other spells.

Glowsparkle

03-17-2014

Quote:
FlukeSwarm:

Low elo players would, I'm sure, absolutely love to smite down some heimerturrets.

But they still wouldn't take it. Flash and ignite are too compelling.

Genericke

03-17-2014

I can see smite being useful on hilarious and cheesy builds like spell vamp Morgana, or on Vlad bot.

Rebonack

03-17-2014

Just modify Smite so it can be used on Teemo and it would be fine.