Who to cosplay next?

Sinful Succulence Morgana 1,486 28.35%
Prestigious LeBlanc 1,325 25.28%
Caitlin (the default skin) 2,029 38.71%
Other! (please post<3) 402 7.67%
Voters: 5242. You may not vote on this poll

Opinions: league cosplay

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rashidas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayuka View Post
Thanks. I'm going to have to disagree though, I thought it was pretty spot on when using the in game skin as the model but yes, seeing as it is armor and not made of metal it isn't the most accurate I suppose. I am no blacksmith though either xD
Oh no, don't get me wrong, the design was very accurate of course, but I mean making cosplay armor actually look convincing is not easy realistically.

In fact the only convincing "armor" style cosplays I have seen are a Guyver costume that had to have taken a ridiculous amount of time and money and a Samus cosplay. Of course, that's assuming they are counted under a "armor" type of style.

I think fiber glass can be used to pull off a armor look very well, which I believe is what was used in the two I mentioned...............but it's not cheap nor easy if I recall correctly.

Mayuka

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashidas View Post
Oh no, don't get me wrong, the design was very accurate of course, but I mean making cosplay armor actually look convincing is not easy realistically.

In fact the only convincing "armor" style cosplays I have seen are a Guyver costume that had to have taken a ridiculous amount of time and money and a Samus cosplay. Of course, that's assuming they are counted under a "armor" type of style.

I think fiber glass can be used to pull off a armor look very well, which I believe is what was used in the two I mentioned...............but it's not cheap nor easy if I recall correctly.
Oh ya, it's a nice outcome, but or the price I couldn't do it. It's also a thing that takes practice, so I wouldn't wanna be practicing with such pricy material. With my luck I'd ruin the first batch I bought completely and waste all my money lol

Nº 5

04-11-2012

Mayuka, you're the reason why I made my first Prestigious LeBlanc costume ages ago haha. At the time nobody had really cosplayed LB and you did a great job.

I'm not sure if you'll ever get this message but I decided to create a "cosplay progress/process" site with other female gamers. A lot of people respect you and I would be very honored if you would consider doing this with me.

http://mobacosplay.com/

I didn't know how else to contact you so I'm posting here. My e-mail is league.reg@gmail.com if you were interested. There is no deadline for progress entries... I'm guessing that some people might update once a month and others once a week. Let me know what you think!

Mayuka

04-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by N 5 View Post
Mayuka, you're the reason why I made my first Prestigious LeBlanc costume ages ago haha. At the time nobody had really cosplayed LB and you did a great job.

I'm not sure if you'll ever get this message but I decided to create a "cosplay progress/process" site with other female gamers. A lot of people respect you and I would be very honored if you would consider doing this with me.

http://mobacosplay.com/

I didn't know how else to contact you so I'm posting here. My e-mail is league.reg@gmail.com if you were interested. There is no deadline for progress entries... I'm guessing that some people might update once a month and others once a week. Let me know what you think!
Le gasp! I happened to be on and see my dusty old thread on the front page xD
I would surly contribute. I am, however, horribly lazy and forgetful, so my updates would be few and far between xD might be nice to have people to ask for help/opinions...then I wouldn't waste so much $$ on effing up materials hahaha. I will be making more costumes now that I got a promotion at work though, I will start taking progress pictures incase it will help anyone Nekonekomayu@hotmail.com is my email, and you can get me through my wordpress in the first post.
Good luck with your site!

Kobysan

04-13-2012

Ur LeBlanc shows alot of effort.....great job!

Mayuka

08-06-2012

One last post here, I made a facebook page for the costumes so I don't have to update on the forums and this beast can finally die lol.
its http://facebook.com/cosplaybymayu
please follow there for updates~
also for a last update, here's my friends Sakura Karma costume that I made for her for Otakon xD
good bye thread people! see you else where~