Do not system restore.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cheezerme

01-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsuruXelus View Post
System restore DOES NOT fix viruses. If your doing system restore for a virus problem, your doing it wrong.
Thats why after i did that my computer never had a issue with said virus...it was one claiming to be a virius detector shiznit...clearly all of my information is being hacked even though its been a year since i did that...wow totally doing it wrong.
But clearly i had a dumb virius. so w.e

Esaru

01-07-2011

Quote:
Apparently not, cause if you have viruses the first thing you want to do is turn system restore off. Viruses infect system restore files.
Then, please do explain how the trojan virus that was attacking my computer disappeared for good after a system restore in safe mode? Magic?

Dirty Foot

01-07-2011

Down vote me because you don't know how to delete your game file manually after uninstalling, that's smart. I had this very same problem when I did a system restore. I got through it just fine.

Uninstall.

Reinstall.

No more QQ.

A Velociräptor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2011

I had the same problem after doing a system restore. Go to Riot Games/League of Legends/LOL.Game.Version Open it with notepad.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<PackageVersion PatcherVersion="1.0.0.25" >
<Version>59</Version>
<Name>LOL.Game.01_03_2011</Name>
<InProgress>FALSE</InProgress>
</PackageVersion>

Values will be a bit different I think but change it to this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<PackageVersion PatcherVersion="1.0.0.24" >
<Version>58</Version>
<Name>LOL.Game.01_03_2011</Name>
<InProgress>FALSE</InProgress>
</PackageVersion>

I think that is what fixes it. Open the launcher, and it should patch and fix everything.

Edit: There are 3 other files, LOL.AirRuntime.Version, LOL.Air.Version, and LOL.Patcher
If it doesn't work, try doing the same process with these other ones.

Dirty Foot

01-07-2011

Quote:
System Restore is 99% useless. If you have an ounce of knowledge you wont use it at all and turn it off.
I down voted because you obviously don't know why people do a system restore in the first place. I get a virus that my virus scanner can't fix and I system restore to the point before the system registry was changed by the virus.

ThrashingBoy

01-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaru View Post
I don't get this comment lol... makes a jab at the people replying to the thread...and then replies to the thread

No no, replying to the thread is no prob but the trolls that have replied to it are, look on page one lol. Wasn't talking about the normal people just trying to help, those people are not trolls.

Dirty Foot

01-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashingBoy View Post
No no, replying to the thread is no prob but the trolls that have replied to it are, look on page one lol. Wasn't talking about the normal people just trying to help, those people are not trolls.
I'm trolling and helping. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Esaru

01-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Foot View Post
I down voted because you obviously don't know why people do a system restore in the first place. I get a virus that my virus scanner can't fix and I system restore to the point before the system registry was changed by the virus.
Yeah this guy is clueless, but it's pathetic because he's posing as an experienced techie that knows what he's talking about. Quite sad

TsuruXelus

01-07-2011

Quote:
Then, please do explain how the trojan virus that was attacking my computer disappeared for good after a system restore in safe mode? Magic?
First tell me how you know that its gone? Cause your computer doesn't have a problem? Or are you running multiple programs and they are all telling you its gone. If so if it doesnt include at least a couple of these listed programs then i have no reason to continue arguing:
combofix
malware-bytes
spyware doctor
superantispyware

TsuruXelus

01-07-2011

Quote:
Yeah this guy is clueless, but it's pathetic because he's posing as an experienced techie that knows what he's talking about. Quite sad
Oh im sorry that my years of knowledge is useless to the large community i serve.