Revive Trinkets

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nexus Crawler

03-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacesHigh View Post
Wards and flash don't send you blazing back into action full health after you've been killed..

- You shouldn't be punished for killing someone.
- You should be punished for dying.

If 5 caps are a problem and it wasn't from being out played or out picked, perhaps the base area needs to be adjusted, maybe a 3rd exit point in the center that would allow for a jungle push.
It doesn't punish someone for a kill. In fact it gives them more reward due to popping a min 8:06 CD as well as the gold/xp. That's not even counting objective gold. Also the killer has ample time to recall if they're low and if not then they'll likely kill them again in a duel. This also doesn't factor in health relics which often out you back to max early/mid

Stofen

03-17-2014

Quote:
Wards and flash don't send you blazing back into action full health after you've been killed..

- You shouldn't be punished for killing someone.

If 5 caps are a problem and it wasn't from being out played or out picked, perhaps the base area needs to be adjusted, maybe a 3rd exit point in the center that would allow for a jungle push.
Do you know the amount of work that would require? Come back and talk to me about map modeling changes when we have more than 3 Rioters working on the map.

Actually, this reminds of the old seasonal SR maps. Oh Riot, how ye have fallen...

Glowsparkle

03-17-2014

Quote:
If the loss of gold, loss of map control, forced repositioning back to the base, inability to contribute to team fights, and potential personal frustration, however brief some of them may be, do not create sufficient punishment then you can also add in, like nexus pointed out, the loss of your most powerful strategic consumable when you use the revive. Then you also have to calculate whether or not the revive was well used. We've all seen plenty of players die, revive, and immediately die again. Or on the other side of things, die early in a team fight, revive to rejoin, but their team has won by the time they return, so the revive was used for naught. The ability is not flawless. It's not even guaranteed to be efficient. I'd say it's a fair amount of punishment.

In some ways it makes more sense to think of the strategic properties less in terms of death, and more like a hard recall. You can't be unhappy about forcing your opponent to recall, especially if their recall has a 9 minute timer and you get extra gold out of it.

Craiazy

03-17-2014

Quote:

This gives me an idea that would totally change the way dominion would play - have the nexus revolve around the map over time then there would be no "bottom lane" or windmill priority. gameplay would become a bit more dynamic and most likely chaotic. Eventually your teams spawn would be at the windmill and the other team at the quarry thus making the refinery a Hot spot that is right smack dab between team spawns. it would be interesting how objectives would play out since they would become more or less of a burden to defend.
I'd play it.

Anyways off topic I guess.

I'm excited to see how these revive trinkets spice up dominion - I really hope some of these suggestions get tried out in game. Perhaps every week we get a different variant on the trinket or even have 3-4 versions of the trinket that change every week to vary how things play out every week.
It would be like, whats the new trinket along with the free champion pool this week?

Pichuzx

03-19-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManWolfAxeBoss View Post
I'd be happy to try both out. I'll let everyone know when it's on PBE.
Can you add on the Wooglet's Witchcap tooltip how much bonus AP it gives? Rabadon got it but Wooglets didn't.

KaWraith

03-19-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pichuzx View Post
Can you add on the Wooglet's Witchcap tooltip how much bonus AP it gives? Rabadon got it but Wooglets didn't.
Good Idea.

Probably deserves it's own thread, since MWAB might not see it here.

Nexus Crawler

03-19-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaWraith View Post
Good Idea.

Probably deserves it's own thread, since MWAB might not see it here.
Probably but might be better to hold off. Looks like more people are coming forward wanting Wooglets split into a Dcap/Zonyas.

Paqi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-21-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purpleskoal View Post
So from what I'm gathering, revive is needed as a band-aid for poor map balance? Down votes inc
Even if Revive became part of the meta because of map imbalances, I do like the fact that you have to make a judgement call about when to pop it. Good gameplay is about interesting decisions.

Blizzardking

05-07-2014

I think there are a few things that the new trinkets could do.
1. Extra health/mana for health relics (or gain a burst of health/mana regen)
2. Gain shield on health relics (allows for use when at full hp)
3. extra speed boost for speed relics
4. increased point capture speed
5. a spell like the old fortification spell but only with the nearest tower, but it would cause the nearest tower not to be captureable for the next 2 seconds
6. increase armor/magic resist while capturing a point so the first hit the has you stop a capture does less damage
7. increased move speed after capturing a point