Revive Trinkets

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 36
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

molokodude

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-11-2014

actually mostgames get 3 or so uses revive at max. was that taken into account for the current lineup of charges?

Draygo Korvan

03-11-2014

An item that lets you return to a previous position would be interesting

Like: Place a return beacon at your champions current location (beacon grants no sight but is attackable (1-2 hits?)) within 5? seconds activate again to return champion to beacon.

Pros: Grants more interactive mobility to champions that may be lacking in mobility options
Cons: Can make mobile champions like lee even stronger. Wouldn't be useful for a ward jump because of its short duration and the fact that you cant choose where to place it.

konfetarius

03-11-2014

I am still not sold on a no cooldown revive charge system.

1. Extremely snowbally. A team that succeeds early without burning their revives gain a MASSIVE advantage late in form of multiple back to back revives.

2. Not newbie friendly. Weaker players will use it in the first 5 minutes and bye bye fun trinket.

Potential solution: Charge based spell style. You get 3 revives, and gain an additional revive charge every 15 minutes. Or some variation on the theme, numbers obviously tunable.

I sort of like the strategic implication of being able to use multiple revives in short succession at a cost, so I'd like to see that aspect of the charge based system preserved.

GG Crono

03-11-2014

This is a great idea.

If there's alternate versions of them - I don't think there would necessarily need to be, but if there were - maybe the old "improved revive" effect (bonus HP for a short period of time after revival) could be one of them? Possibly with the amount scaling with level, otherwise it could potentially be kind of overpowered.

Breakstar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-11-2014

Problem Statement: One of the most annoying things to deal with is a champion with a blink and CC (Shaco, Leblanc) backcapping repeatedly and just backing out whenever anyone tries to stop them. As a melee champion especially, there's no way to realistically stop them from doing this.

Proposed Solution: A trinket that provides a significant slow (maybe 30% for 3 seconds?) from a significant enough range that it can let an Udyr or Xin actually catch one of those champs.
Alternatively, the trinket could be a burst slow centered on an allied or neutral point, restricting its use to point defense but opening up the power budget to cripple backcappers, assuming of course that the trinket's user is in range to use it.

Edit: I'd make the argument that a no-cooldown charge-based revive isn't as good as something with a recharge. 'Wasting' a revive right now doesn't feel great, but it also doesn't feel like you used up a non-renewable resource. Maybe give it one charge at start and regenerate one charge every ~10 minutes?

Penteano

03-11-2014

I was thinking about something days ago with some situations that happens on Dominion:
For an afk player:
"Nexus missing man buff" 10% bonus (or more, not sure if 10% is enough) on all stats for all players in the team with a leaver. Buff could start after 1 min with the player inactive and as soon as he moves the buff is canceled.
There could be also a buff like the Nexus fighting to not be destroyed (insert lore here). This buff sould give an hp shield at the respawn to a team equal to nexus missing health when the enemy team capture all 5 points or capture 4 and nautralize the last one (to prevent abusing the system). Could help to people leave their base and fight back. Shield will be gone when at least 1 point is taken back or when received the damage ofc.

molokodude

03-11-2014

Wait so double actives?

Penteano

03-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManWolfAxeBoss View Post
Variety of revive trinkets with secondary functions.
ooops! My suggestion has nothing to do with that. Sorry ^^

What about a specific buff for each kind of champion you are playing. Marksman, tank, support, etc (primary only). But that could be a lot of work I think

Nexus Crawler

03-11-2014

Well this is fairly big.

Ok, random idea's just being thrown out.

I'm surprised no one mentioned garrison like improvement that gives nodes AoE.

MS boost trinket that passively gives MS of some sort or reduces shrine decay rate.

A trinket that slows relatively near by enemy champions when passing over a speed shrine.

One that interacts with Relic. Maybe one that reduces the shield in favor of bonus damage or, vice versa or one that reduces the damage/shield in favor of up time (recharge time).

Draygo Korvan

03-11-2014

One important point, the trinket should have a 0.5-1s cd when you are killed to prevent people from accidentally reviving when they were trying to use the 'while alive' trinket active.

12345612 ... 36