Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So this Curse Voice thing

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SylianEUW

03-15-2014

Quote:
Fancy Wolf:
So should we create a system that automatically tells you how/when to push waves and how to control minions/lanes?
That seems way too situational to really work.

Quote:
Or put an indicator over a minions head when its low enough to lasthit?
Sure, why not? They already added an indicator for when Cho'Gath's ulti will kill, didn't they?

Generally, I'm in favor of giving more information. I'd even be fine with tower-range indicators in non-normal games. Do they make the game easier to play? Sure, but I think the challenge should be more in playing correctly and making proper plays, and not in knowing ranges, cooldowns etc. by heart. I wouldn't mind a "30 seconds until Vilemaw spawns" in TT either, at 09.30, so many players don't seem to know when Vilemaw spawns. That being said, I would object to giving away information that you shouldn't have, such as when an enemy team killed Vilemaw/Dragon/Baron and you didn't have vision.

HaIfhearted

03-15-2014

Quote:
SylianEUW:
That being said, I would object to giving away information that you shouldn't have, such as when an enemy team killed Vilemaw/Dragon/Baron and you didn't have vision.

Yes, I believe this is the one thing everyone universally agrees on as needing to be removed.

Redeemed In Fire

03-15-2014

Quote:

Leveling up skills is a stupid, boring, menial task that I am glad seeing being relegated to machines.

Actually, yes, largely. There are enough exceptions and leveling preferences or situational max orders to make it a manual task, and that's the only reason. For about 80 champions, it's "when you level up, as an additional task, press this known button".

Quote:

Casting spells is a stupid, boring, menial task that I am glad seeing being relegated to machines.

No. There is actual decision making involved in casting spells.

Quote:

Warding is a stupid, boring, menial task that I am glad seeing being relegated to machines.

As much as I loathe warding (it's part of why i'm on Dominion), it has decision making behind it. So not.

Quote:

Paying attention is a stupid, boring, menial task that I am glad seeing being relegated to machines.

Wait, are we having a debate, or trying to insult each other? I mean, half came out swinging, and part of me agrees with him because of the initial attitude you adopted, but I'm generally trying to stay civil here.

Also, I think there should be warnings or pings of some kind for ganks, but that's me. I suck at map awareness for similar reasons to jungle timers.

Quote:

Buying items is a stupid, boring, menial task that I am glad seeing being relegated to machines.

Again, no, extremely situational and has decision making behind it. Though I am in favor of being able to use the shop any time and bank item purchases that automatically get picked up when you base next (similar to Dota's Stash, amusingly enough).

Quote:

Last Hitting is a stupid, boring, menial task that I am glad seeing being relegated to machines.

Also yes. This one actually technically does have decision making, so it's been remarkably tenacious, but you can fix a lot of issues with the lane phase when the gating factor to farm isn't something ranged characters are innately much safer at doing.

Quote:

Playing the game is a stupid, boring, menial task that I am glad seeing being relegated to machines.

http://i.imgur.com/gpNY1.gif

Quote:
Fancy Wolf:
Honestly if its too hard for you to put a ~ or type "16:45 d" in chat when you are going b. Then practice? Sure some people can say they have mental limitations. But with enough practice it CAN happen. What if it was too hard to press the R button? Would you simply just never use your ult? OR would you practice and practice until you finally figured out how it worked.

For instance, Haif, say your team needed you to practice X champion and become top level with them. but this champions mechanics are confusing to you and you sustain loss after loss with no improvement. Do you simply give up on trying to learn the champ, or do you strive through the losses and persevere until that champ is on par with your other top champions. Its a victory you achieve that no one can take away from you. If there is an obstacle in front of you dont simply give up and look for an alternative way out. Hit that problem head on.

This is a game with a 120 character cast, each of which has 4-8 complex skills with literally hundreds of unique implementations and caveats. Core mechanics in League span more knowledge space than the entire mechanical implementations of most RTSes. Skillshots are difficult to learn and involve mentally solving some relatively advanced math (not consciously) to hit them.

The key is it's all decision making. It has strategy and a thought process behind doing it. When you do a jungle timer, you have no decision making involved in the task itself. You never ask yourself "should I be logging when this buff went down", you just do it. How would you feel if you had to mash a button to heal yourself in the fountain? Or spam right click to keep your champion autoing on one target?

HaIfhearted

03-16-2014

Uhh, RCIX? I think you didn't notice the part where I didn't actually SAY any of that.

That was just Fancy performing a strawman arguement where he made up things and put them in the quote, and you seem to have confused them for things that I said.

Fancy needs to stop being so childish.

Redeemed In Fire

03-16-2014

No I noticed it. I responded to it (and aimed the responses at Fancy) anyway because some of the ideas he was trying to ridicule aren't that bad.

Malah

03-16-2014

Please tell me people are not seriously arguing against timers in this thread, ever.

There is no reason, at the minimum, to be against objective timers and at least summoner/ultimate cooldowns on your team. People who want to argue that it'll harm game health due to skill ceilings or some BS can **** off and play HoN or DOTA.

I'm all for enemy cooldowns that are within vision but that's fairly debatable for multiple reasons.

Nexus Crawler

03-16-2014

Pretty sure no ones arguing about allied timers since that's reliable information you can get either voluntarily or by asking.

It's those enemy CD's and enemy jungle timers that are mostly in debate. We all (unless you're being completely dumb) agree that information outside of vision is stupid and OP.

Personally I'm not for the ultimate CD's timer either unless it was build into the installation of LoL instead of a 3rd party program that outs you at a disadvantage if you don't have access.

Malah

03-16-2014

I skipped the previous pages for time and sanity's sake. Just checking.

Riot has still yet to build in replays, so I'm not going to bet on anything like this being made official for years if ever. Riot seems to have an obnoxiously biploar position on topics like this alternating between revolutionary advances and putting things in that are nice but ultimately end up in the background (see: spectator mode serving 98% as a glorified UI update for LoLReplay).

Nexus Crawler

03-16-2014

Riot still hasn't taken a stance on this yet and likely won't until it's out of closed beta. The manager of that department likes it so it'll probably go through and ofc if it creates issues there will likely be backlash or every one will have to DL it.

Fancy Wolf

03-16-2014

There was actually a post on reddit that conflicts with what the rioter posted earlier,

Something along the lines of "Riot doesnt care as long as its not automated."

I would tack further onto that, as long as its not giving you buff timers when you have no vision of the enemys blue, because lets face it, that amount of information tells you immedietly where the enemy jungler is even if you have no vision of them. They take out red in FoW and suddenly "enemy red timer" pops up on your UI.

I would be all for a UI update that allowed you to click a dragon icon, (with a toggle option so not everyone needs it) that would allow you to keep track of timers and such with ease.

My entire issue is it becoming automated with messages in chat with the program typing "botlane flash in 30 seconds".

As for the cho'gath argument. That was a QoL buff to him that players have been asking for quite awhile since part of his ult's mechanic is killing something with feast. What I was sarcastically suggesting is that we make EVERY minion, regardless of champion, get a red indicator under it when you can lasthit it. Granted that would be great in co-op vs AI, but in ranked or normals it would feel like the game is holding your hand too much.