Alistar Headbutt(W) > Pulverize(Q)?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShiznazTM

01-07-2011

First off, I've only seen this done to me recently by an Alistar. I don't know how long this combo has worked, but it makes absolutely no sense.

Headbutt knocks back the opponent, and Pulverize knocks them up, how is it possible or even fair that he's able to immediately respond with Pulverize so that when he hits with Headbutt so that you get knocked back, and THEN thrown into the air as if the move registers AFTER the fact that Headbutt made contact when Pulverize should not have the range to.

Considering that Pulverize's radius is 200, and the knock back from Headbutt is 650, it shouldn't work at all.

I feel like there should be a delay to make this unable to work, not the fact that it's unfair, but the fact that it's too fast and impossible to respond to because your basically CCd for 4 seconds continuously by a combo that shouldn't work at all.

Inb4QQ

Shogun Gunshow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiznazTM View Post
i got beat by alistair plz nerf mino
No

NEOtheONE

01-07-2011

So, as long as he does pulverize first and then headbutt, you have no problem?

ShiznazTM

01-07-2011

I'm stating that Headbutt > Pulverize being able to combo makes absolutely no sense. I can care less about Alistar because nobody plays him, but this mechanic just baffled me when it was happening because it doesn't make sense.

Efgar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2011

U obviously have never play Alli ^^

if he needs something is a buff, is one of the worst farmers and withouth a tower or a DPS champion with him is totally imposible to kill a enemy :P.

He is kinda UP and i know that a good amount of players ( > 70%), including some riot staff, will agree with me ^^

best regards!

sildan

01-07-2011

He rushes towards you, then slams the ground to make you fly up, but suddenly he raises his head to headbutt you away. It makes perfect sense.

Lighstagazi

01-07-2011

Headbutt -> Pulverize sounds like lag or a bug, which seems to be what he's complaining about, not the champ itself. As NateNEO suggests, I think he has no problem with Pulverize -> Headbutt.

catparty

01-07-2011

Is it knocking you back then straight up into the air, or is it like up and away

TiberiusAudley

Adjudicator

01-07-2011

How does it not make sense that he can START TO KNOCK YOU UP mid-cast of Headbutt?

It's actually in a worse form now than it was a year ago -- where the knock-up happened IMMEDIATELY when Headbutt connected, not knocking you back at all. They removed it from the game for a while, but then Alistar became very boring, and fairly weak when his summoner spells were not active, so they re-enabled the combo. However, now, rather than knocking him up at place of contact, Headbutt still takes effect and knocks the champion back.

The combo requires decent timing to pull off, and can be missed leading to JUST a headbutt. So removing the combo lowers the skill gap for Alistar players.

ShiznazTM

01-07-2011

The "combo" knocks you back, and then makes you get knocked up.