Poor exposure for Mac Beta...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Innkeeper

01-07-2011

... or maybe I live in a box.

When and where was this announced?

I don't often go to the Testing section of the Forums but I assumed when Mac Beta came out there would be an announcement on the front page? Did I miss it?

If not was it RIOT's intentions to keep this beta small the first go around?

Most of our group of friends (10-15) that play would love to get rid of Bootcamp/Windows.

When will there be more beta invites?

YSfighter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2011

So to answer your questions
- No you don't live in a box - the only reason i found this was in beta is cause i looked at the forum at the right time - pure luck.
- It was never announced - people who looked at the forum post when the link was up - which was roughly 3 seperate occasions - got into the beta. There was no front page announcement.
- I'm guessing RIOT did want to keep it small.
- As of now , i believe there will be no more invites - client is shaping up - expect a release in about 6 months i say. ( thats just my opinin though)

Viciously

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-07-2011

It's in closed beta now. There was a time when they put a link up with a thread stickied telling people they could download it. It was all just the right time. It was up for a week or two. They have enough people testing now so they aren't accepting any more people.

It'll be out soon. D/W

1andrew

01-07-2011

I didn't know it got moved to a closed beta, but I saw they link was gone. There were a couple times I wanted to try a reinstall to see if it would help.

Akaiko

01-08-2011

Saving dmg file ftw

Doxcology

01-08-2011

It was never announced on the front page, these forums were never in any press release and in fact... No announcements regarding the Mac version AT ALL! Wow! Why don't they just give us an update ALREADY?