Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Reduce Toxicity with this sound suggestion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morale

03-09-2014

Hey,

I've been thinking alot lately, and have noticed quite a common trend that occurs since playing this game from season 1.

As we all know, music and things we hear and contribute to the way we act or feel.

Where I'm getting at is...

Perhaps if LoL could re-do the "ally has been slain" announcement to sound a little less.... depressing, and find a different method of displaying (or way of saying) the message, there may be less rage/toxicity that occurs in our games.

Sure players may have a little more tolerance to it than others, but I feel like hearing that over and over may chop more fuse off of a player's bomb waiting to happen.

Just my two cents.

sakakyu

03-13-2014

Well, actually, I think the announcers voice is pretty neutral (outside of kill streaks/combos). So if her voice gets changed to drastically it could have a very negative impact on the game. Too happy and she would sound derogatory and kinda like a b***h, too sad and she would seem bored or sarcastic.

That out of the way what did you have in mind? change the script, add music, or rework her inflection?
or other?

scalegreen

03-14-2014

I think what he ment was just change it up.
Atm its ingrain In many player's when they hear "an ally has been slain" too feel bad.
When I hear it I feel the moral on my team drop, and I always try to say "dont worry, we can make up for it".
If the noise changed I feel that players would be less likely too rage so soon.
At least for A few months.

Kiech Bepho

03-28-2014

Maybe if they had just gotten a double kill or inhibitor, the announcer could just say "Wurth".

Jowberz

03-30-2014

Yes Kiech! Upvote for you!

Lucífaerie

09-03-2014

Quote:
Kiech Bepho:
Maybe if they had just gotten a double kill or inhibitor, the announcer could just say "Wurth".

This would be awesome lol