"Pure" Rune Books

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Charmicarmicarmicat

01-08-2010

So attackspeed runes equal a 1050 gold item, while hp runes equal a 475 gold item, yet most people would probably the health.

No wonder health stacking has been a problem for a long time.

h4rdcor3

01-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiblet Hunter View Post
is the attack speed increase at level 1 accounting for the recent buff to attack speed runes. Just wondering. Also i checked the runes page on this site and it does not add up to the aprox. 40% mark. Is this because the runes page on this site is not current? thanks a lot for the help. Thanks for the helpful post.
Right now the Game Database is way out of date. They are working on a new website that will update the database automatically on each patch.

Sterk

01-08-2010

I use three T3 movespeed quints, and all the other runes are T3 mana.

I'm 0/9/21, getting bonus mana and HP regen based on mana. It has worked very well.

poopookaka

01-08-2010

What would be the most effective Runebook mixes, either pure or mix of 2-3 attribs for all heroes, as I only want to build 1 really effective book, (Not much AP).

I was thinking either, Crit Chance, Crit Damage or Attack Speed?

Sterk

01-08-2010

You want to pick a single champion and dedicate all your masteries to 1 build, and then build runes that will maximize all the % masteries you take.

Your alternate champion choices should be ones that make full use of the single rune/mastery option you created.

Thats how my build works. And I'm good.

poopookaka

01-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterk View Post
You want to pick a single champion and dedicate all your masteries to 1 build, and then build runes that will maximize all the % masteries you take.

Your alternate champion choices should be ones that make full use of the single rune/mastery option you created.

Thats how my build works. And I'm good.
Alright, then how about best Rune Book Mixes for the following heroes if I were to choose those groupings:

Amumu
Taric
Sion

Sivir
Yi
Tristana

Tryndamere
Mundo

Shaco
Gangplank

Gaeb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopookaka View Post
What would be the most effective Runebook mixes, either pure or mix of 2-3 attribs for all heroes, as I only want to build 1 really effective book, (Not much AP)
My take is:

Marks : Magic Pen (95% of activated abilities do magic damage)
Glyphs: Scaling or flat MR (+24 MR at endgame nulls a sorc boots)
Quints: Flat T3 +HP
Seals: I'm torn. I like scaling +mana/5, but I might revisit that later.

Sterk

01-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopookaka View Post
Alright, then how about best Rune Book Mixes for the following heroes if I were to choose those groupings:

Amumu
Taric
Sion

Sivir
Yi
Tristana

Tryndamere
Mundo

Shaco
Gangplank
It all depends on your masteries, which are flexible, but I keep mine the same because I only play shaco/gangplank 9/10 times.

For Shaco you want to go 0/9/21, full t3 movespeed quints, full t3 mana in every slot.

You want to do deceive/shiv/shiv/deceive/shiv/hallucinate/shiv and so on, no jitb til 13. First item phil stone from health pendant, 2nd merc treads.
I could write a full guide on how well I play Shaco, and how easily I annihilate other jesters using a typical AP build, but why bother.

This post will get hate if it gets any attention at all, but its completely dominating. How do I make it so you can view my profile? I will stand behind my record.

I use ghost/flash as summoner spells.

ainthe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmicarmicarmicat View Post
So attackspeed runes equal a 1050 gold item, while hp runes equal a 475 gold item, yet most people would probably the health.

No wonder health stacking has been a problem for a long time.
Health runes were nerfed significantly in the last major patch so there may be a shift in the value of using Health Runes.

But your observation does lead to the follow-up question:

If you were solo versus another player using the same champion at level 1, which is more dangerous:

Your opponent has 200 more hp due to runes or 40% attack speed from runes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaeb View Post
My take is:

Marks : Magic Pen (95% of activated abilities do magic damage)
Glyphs: Scaling or flat MR (+24 MR at endgame nulls a sorc boots)
Quints: Flat T3 +HP
Seals: I'm torn. I like scaling +mana/5, but I might revisit that later.
Be careful when you use "scaling" Runes. The best way to compare these runes is compare the scaling rune versus the fixed rune:

Example:

Greater Glyph of Warding = 1.49 Magic Resist
Greater Glyph of Shielding = .15 Magic Resist per level

1.49 / .15 = 9.93

The Scaling Rune [Greater Glyph of Shielding] only becomes stronger at Level 11 or Higher. At Level 10 it is roughly equal to the Fixed Rune [Greater Glyph of Warding].

So if your play style means you win early and generally around Level 11, there is no benefit in using the scaling MR rune in this case, the fixed rune will offer you far greater benefit since its stronger than the scaling rune from level 1-10.

As a comparison:

Greater Glyph of Strength = .09 Attack Damage
Greater Glyph of Might = .03 Attack Damage per level

.09/.03 = 3

As you can see here at Level 3 the Greater Glyph of Might is equal to the Greater Glyph of Strength. So in this case there is really no reason to ever purchase a Greater Glyph of Strength. Since the only time it offers a bigger benefit is Level 1 & Level 2.

IMSavior

01-08-2010

my rune book is

red: armor pen (great for early game harass esp with ranged heroes)
yellow: life / level, pretty allround runes
blue: c/d reduc / like 2 mana regen runes
quintess: just bull**** ones -5% dead from the collectors pack, a mana per level i got from combining all of my t2 runes and health / level (one i actually bought)