Easy to use champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rooster Raiden

01-07-2011

Why do people play champions that you literally don't actually have to pay attention to? Champions that you can just spam qwer in a random order and usually come up with positive results? Why are champions designed with absolutely no skill involved? Just tell me please.

When you land a Q with Morgana it is because you aimed that shot and executed it correctly. With Sona and Vlad, nope.

When you correctly time an Irelia E and get the stun and come out on top, it's because you did something that took an understanding of the ability. You didn't just press E for more damage.

Why does riot like to make champions that take no skill? Why do people enjoy such champions?

You can literally run around the entire game as Udyr randomly pressing and of the 4 buttons and generally you will end up with a positive score. Same goes with Sona.

With Vlad, and other such heroes, you literally just spam Q until someone is at half health then execute a faceroll across the keyboard and you win.

Why do people enjoy these champions? Has nothing to do with overpowered. Nothing to do with that. This has to do with the reason behind people using champions that literally I could use blindfolded and have similar results. And why do they always think they are God's gift to LoL?

/rage

Edit: If you are going to downvote me, unless you say why, I'm going to assume it's because you use these horribly easy to use boring champions and think you are good at the game when you go positive.

Gizamimi

01-07-2011

Because they want to win? Ashe is really ****ing easy to play and she's still really ****ing good to have on a team.

fuffychan

01-07-2011

Having no skillshots can be a huge negative. Think a Garen's in that bush? Oh nope, I can't shoot a skillshot in there to see - /facecheck

redlightman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2011

People like the way the champion is played. Why do you have to get on the forums to ask. Just because you think you deserve to win since you used a champion with 4 skill shots, that doesn't change anything.

If you think Udyr is as easy as that, you need to play him some time.

Rooster Raiden

01-07-2011

But it's boring as hell. I had like a 15 game win streak with Udyr and I just got so bored. He's not fun to play.. at all. Same with Ashe, Sona, Vlad, MF.... I play two types of champions:

Skillshots (Morgana)
UP Champs (Irelia).

That's it. I will never play a horribly designed champion. Ever.

fuffychan

01-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shocked Cockgun View Post
But it's boring as hell. I had like a 15 game win streak with Udyr and I just got so bored. He's not fun to play.. at all. Same with Ashe, Sona, Vlad, MF.... I play two types of champions:

Skillshots (Morgana)
UP Champs (Irelia).

That's it. I will never play a horribly designed champion. Ever.
Ashe requires good positioning and map awareness to play to her full potential.

Sona, well I can't make arguments for her.

Vlad requires watching his health since all his abilities cost health, and knowing when to use your pool. I've seen bad Vlads just initiate with pool and die instantly.

MF, ehh she's been nerfed so she's not completely faceroll, but positioning is important in teamfights and targeting Double Up.

Help

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2011

Playing UP champions doesn't make you good. Makes you unique, but not good.
Let's say you have a choice between a $5 and a $1 bill. Which one do you pick? You pick the 1 cause you think it makes you good? lol ok 5 is mine then.

CZITTA

01-07-2011

Quote:
execute a faceroll across the keyboard
zqaxswedcvrfgtbnyhujmi,ko.lp/;[']\

favourite bit.

Rooster Raiden

01-07-2011

I respect your opinion fuffy but it doesn't take away from the fact that they are incredibly easy to use. So maybe you can't just spam everything but relative to champions that take focus, they are incredibly boring.

Why would I play Morgana when I could spamfest with Vlad? Most people don't, simply because Vlad is easier and scales whether you do well or not. Morgana you have to start fast, finish strong. I just hate that this game allows for champions that are as easy to use as Vlad to be as strong as hard to use champs like Morgana.

Quote:
Playing UP champions doesn't make you good. Makes you unique, but not good.
Let's say you have a choice between a $5 and a $1 bill. Which one do you pick? You pick the 1 cause you think it makes you good? lol ok 5 is mine then.
That's a stupid analogy. It's more like choosing whether to drive your car or to have someone else drive it for you. Then when you win the race, both people feel like they are awesome for winning, but really only the person who actually drove their own car deserves such a feeling.

Quote:
zqaxswedcvrfgtbnyhujmi,ko.lp/;[']\
Lol if you actually facerolled right there.

13eta

01-07-2011

Quote:
The scrub has still more crutches. He talks a great deal about "skill" and how he has skill whereas other players--very much including the ones who beat him flat out--do not have skill. The confusion here is what "skill" actually is. In Street Fighter, scrubs often cling to combos as a measure of skill. A combo is sequence of moves that are unblockable if the first move hits. Combos can be very elaborate and very difficult to pull off. But single moves can also take "skill," according to the scrub. The "dragon punch" or "uppercut" in Street Fighter is performed by holding the joystick toward the opponent, then down, then diagonally down and toward as the player presses a punch button. This movement must be completed within a fraction of a second, and though there is leeway, it must be executed fairly accurately. Ask any scrub and they will tell you that a dragon punch is a "skill move." Just last week I played a scrub who was actually quite good. That is, he knew the rules of the game well, he knew the character matchups well, and he knew what to do in most situations. But his web of mental rules kept him from truly playing to win. He cried cheap as I beat him with "no skill moves" while he performed many difficult dragon punches. He cried cheap when I threw him 5 times in a row asking, "is that all you know how to do? throw?" I gave him the best advice he could ever hear. I told him, "Play to win, not to do ˜difficult moves.'" This was a big moment in that scrub's life. He could either write his losses off and continue living in his mental prison, or analyze why he lost, shed his rules, and reach the next level of play.
Quoted from Playing to Win by David Sirlin.