Only 2 Rune pages?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mambawarrior

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroythekneegrow View Post
In all honesty, it's actually pretty bad. It takes roughy 50 games to save up for a single rune page or decent champion, which is over a month for most casual gamers. Now you have to take into consideration how much the extortionate runes cost to fill the overpriced rune page. A year later, once all is said and done, you can finally play without the runes/masteries handicap. Until you want to try a different role that is. Then it's back to square one..
I bought nunu right after winning the tutorial twice. Anyone who's seen him used right knows he is decent.
Problem?

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

06-05-2012

Quote:
In all honesty, it's actually pretty bad. It takes roughy 50 games to save up for a single rune page or decent champion, which is over a month for most casual gamers. Now you have to take into consideration how much the extortionate runes cost to fill the overpriced rune page. A year later, once all is said and done, you can finally play without the runes/masteries handicap. Until you want to try a different role that is. Then it's back to square one..
Price does not equate to power. If you have an infatuation with buying expensive champions that's your prerogative, and there's nothing wrong with it, but you're buying champions, not power.

Sara Leah

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-05-2012

Quote:

casual gamers have the option to buy rp and get whatever they want rather than farm ip. this also helps support the game and its employees. unlike many games that are "pay to win" real money only gets cosmetic items that "free players" cant get.

a "decent champion" is only 450 ip, cost is not an indication of how good the champ is, how well you play them is.

if they still want to play free only then its not that much of a hardship to save. get your first win of day on ai bots.. fast and easy 150+ip along with a game or 2 after adds up.

finally a casual player will not have the need for lots of ip as they are not on much making the unlocking of a new champ an event for them.

Best Luck Always =)

Quote:
Panzerfaust .... 4) 'Kill stealing' is only something inexperienced players (or selfish players) worry about. It's the same as the player who only plays a single role then gets mad when they don't have a tank or support.
This is a team game, if you are the only one on your team getting kills then you are the only one getting gold. Teamwork wins games, 1 v 5 not so much

Nillabeast

11-14-2012

Quote:
Well said. It'd be nice to at least have a page for ap, ad, tank, and support without having to spend the better part of a year (or more) getting there.

And for all of the elitists downrating the above post because of the "casual gamer" reference: most gamers are casual. Chances are they won't be as skilled as your diehard LoL addicts anyway. So why the need for a rune handicap on top of that?

Having to save 100+ games of ip just for basic rune set-up is ridiculous. I get that riot needs their money and it's a great way to frustrate people into spending. But they could be a little more generous with the initial page count.

TwistWrist

11-14-2012

Because you absolutely need the perfect rune page for every role, right?

I love min and maxing but the performance difference between a generic AD/AP page and a specialized page really isn't that much. Most of my pages are only slighly different from my other pages.

You are not even complaining about a difference in power really. It is an issue of convenience which is exactly what you want Riot to be monetizing.

Plus, you should have significantly more than 100+ games of IP when you actually need more rune pages anyway.

Really what you are doing is necroing and complaining about minor things. Your skill level is irrelevant since matchmaking doesn't match you by skill level anyway.

But thanks for calling us "elitists" and "addicts". Nothing supports a point-of-view better than a sprinkling of ad hominem.

But I'm pretty sure I downvoted him and you because both of you are complaining about minor issues. And necroing.

InsaneSamurai

11-14-2012

I don't know if this is the best idea or not, but to save IP i stopped buying runes since i learned that the tier 3s require level 20. It seems like you might as well save the money for then since the tier 1stuff is pretty much obsolete at that point. I'm fairly new though so this could be a bad idea for some reason I've yet to figure out

I do think the prices are a bit too high. It seems that most of the champs are 6300 and thats like 100 games. At 20-40 mins a game it's roughly 50 hours, and 50 hours to unlock one out of over a hundred characters is a bit insane when it's a pretty common price. I know there are cheaper ones, but they run out pretty fast, especially if you got a bundle not realizing they include most of the cheap guys.

godkiller1999

01-28-2013

what if i dont want to spend that much money

Sereg Anfaug

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerfaust View Post
It's not nearly as bad as people make it out to be, as long as you don't spend IP on random champions. Wait for their free weeks, and you'll only buy champions you enjoy, blindly buy champions and you have no one to blame but yourself if you're IP starved.
Keep in mind that, for pages to be effective, you have to have a reasonable number of rune sets(at least 6 full sets for three pages to be worthwhile, and generally alot more then 6).

So it's not just the champions that are a problem.

wHiSkErTeMx73744

01-28-2013

Necros

Necros everywhere

Sereg Anfaug

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by wHiSkErTeMx73744 View Post
Necros

Necros everywhere
Oh goddamnit. I wish the date was more obvious - I wouldn't have bothered posting.

**** me.