Falling Further Into Bronze

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quex Fehftir

03-10-2014

Lol I placed in B2, after being in Silver last season.. this is because I was just random spamming champs during preseason. I was out of bronze in less than a week though. TBH if there's really a skill lvl difference it's normally pretty noticable. If there's a huge gap, you'll be going 5-0 in lane rather than having fewer kills and some deaths. Keep in mind that if you go even instead of losing, or just get slightly ahead it's not a huge difference. If you're main Kayle mid, you have some of the best ganking potential due to speed buffs/slows, strong pushing, and bad map awareness in bronze. Kayle also probably isn't the hardest carrying champ, as the ulti is only going to save your allies, unless you are ungodly fed.
Learning pubstompers is also a good way to get out of lower elo. Learning them shouldn't be too hard, and as long as you ARE better, you should find yourself able to move up. The best champs to carry with are champs that can tremendously punish mistakes. Champs with tons of burst, or hard cc are great for this.

Guyron

03-10-2014

The reason people are sounding sarcastic is because when they tell you what you need to work on you are just defaulting back to blaming it on your team or your elo. The reason you have low Cs isn't because you're in bronze but because you need to improve. If you get good at last hitting you should be able to at least have 80 Cs by 10 min. And I don't mean to sound dumb but literally every Cs matters. If you get 10 more Cs that could be the difference between having enough gold to get boots and a vamp scepter and getting a bf sword and being able to zone the enemy adc and deny them a ton of Cs and lead to a huge advantage. The worst thing that you can ever do is tell yourself that you are good enough to be a higher rank but your teams are holding you back. The argument is completely invalid because through all of your games the one thing that stays constant is you. If you are good enough you will go up and if you aren't good enough you will drop.

SeCKS Egai

03-11-2014

Let me give you a little back story and maybe, just maybe it may help provide insight or perspective.

Last season, I went 8-2 in placement, landing in Siv 3. During placement I made a huge effort to increase my chances of winning, whether warming up before hand, letting everyone get their desired role, and doing what I could do help give my teammates the edge.

As the majority of those games went fairly smoothly, I made the assumption that my teams at this rating would always perform at a certain level. (And the truth was they would not).

I knew Vayne was a risky pick for solo que based on her abysmal laning phase and high dependency on support. But she was my favorite champ and I really wanted to earn my rank using her as adc.

Now that the season's long over, in hindsight it's clear to me that I was regularly putting myself into high risk-low reward situations. Being able to do well with a solid support or solid team is fine and dandy, but the reality is you can't afford to rely on that luxury.

Bottom line was that I was constantly putting my team at a disadvantage as my lane was far too prone to getting zoned out. Sure, I could minimize deaths when the lane was rough, but if other lanes were struggling that meant the game would probably end before I could recover.

Learn to evaluate your own performances, note where you have the biggest impacts, both positive and negative. I've seen plenty of people who would have avoided bronze if they simply didn't rag on their teammates any time one of them died or made a mistake.

AndurilWielder

03-11-2014

Yeah good point. I'll take those into account.

Seriously though. I relaxed, and just sat and farmed, and did very well, winning 3 out of 4 of my last ranked games, two games ago I went 7/1 with volibear, the only death was at the very end because I was getting aggressive at the nexus, and fending the enemy team off so my allies could take it down. I died at the very end - and perhaps I did do something wrong, and that led to my death...even though my farm was horrible. I had some close calls. Teamfights initiated by like the 12th minute.

One of my ranked games today I had close to 300 farm. It was like 270 or 262 or something like that, and I was proud that I was able to do that under pressure from...was it a singed top? Cant remember - just came back from class.

Also yeah I ping for jungler a lot but I always seem to need help when our jungler is on the wrong half of the map, lol.

Quote:
Don't bash 'em, just try and keep it together but strategize in chat:
Exactly. I was doing that in the one match I lost in ranked out of the last four I played. Jinx and Thresh kept yelling at each other - and we were ahead in the beginning, but it went sour because they wouldn't stop fighting. I actually begged them to stop, so we can work together, but it was too late. I'm not saying its a bad idea, since I don't like to fight with my team mates either. Negative attitudes are a significant factor in losses, and people bash each other in bronze all the time.

SeCKS Egai

03-11-2014

A death isn't necessarily a mistake. If you dying insured the rest of your team took the nexus, it was worth it if you living meant the team was forced back and gave the enemy team a chance to recover.

Don't rely on the jungler ever in lane. Remember they can't be everywhere at once.

The ultimate goal is taking out the enemy nexus before they take out yours. Everything people do in a match should be to work towards that goal. Also remember that its all too easy to lose sight of that goal, and that you can't assume teammates will act in a certain way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndurilWielder View Post

Exactly. I was doing that in the one match I lost in ranked out of the last four I played. Jinx and Thresh kept yelling at each other - and we were ahead in the beginning, but it went sour because they wouldn't stop fighting. I actually begged them to stop, so we can work together, but it was too late. I'm not saying its a bad idea, since I don't like to fight with my team mates either. Negative attitudes are a significant factor in losses, and people bash each other in bronze all the time.
Negativity, regardless of tier/division increases chance of losing. In bronze its common, likely because most players fall in that category and most believe they're better than they are.

If two people on your own team can't stop bickering, all you're left with is muting them and playing to the best of your ability. Most players in bronze stop bickering when they realize they can comeback, usually inspired by great plays by other team members.

Of course, when your own team is fighting amongst itself constantly it can be seemingly impossible to make those plays. Just be sure to not let it impact your performance the next match.