Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Why do I suck at LoL?

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lawlzor

Member

01-06-2011

So I've been playing quite a bit for two months, I'm not terrible at video games, I played dota, and I've been 30 for a month now, but I BLOW at solo queue.

My rune setup is magic pen marks, mana regen per level seals, and cooldown glyphs.

My ranked stats are 11-15, I was 11-7 but just lost eight games in a row in the past 2 days. Most of my wins however are from either playing ranked with a friend, or all out arranged. My normal stats are 181-183 I think, which isn't bad since I played during release and was around 20-80 when I started a couple months ago for real.

WTF do I do wrong? Normal queue is terrible and 90% of the time I have to carry with poppy/annie/kayle, and you'd think ranked would lower the odds of terrible teammates but it doesn't. It's impossible to carry a team in ranked if your team blows.

I last hit, I play smart, I strategically gank, and usually have the best record in my team, but holy hell, I can't do it alone. Is this normal? It's making me rage, hard. (yea I mad) fuu

I know solo queue'ing is pretty random, and a 50% win/loss ratio is "normal" but I don't want normal, I want to be at least 60%, or even 70%. What are some basic principles to dealing with noob teammates and overall winning solo queue normal and/or ranked?

Yes, this is a giant QQ post, forgive me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TomatoChip

Senior Member

01-06-2011

You gotta get ANGRY. Let the anger channel into the power of your play. Also, use the teamchat and /all chat to let your fellow players know of your ANGER.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lawlzor

Member

01-06-2011

Quote:
tomatochip:
you gotta get angry. Let the anger channel into the power of your play. Also, use the teamchat and /all chat to let your fellow players know of your anger.


good point, activating anger


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

darklordlyn

Senior Member

01-06-2011

map awareness



that is all.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lawlzor

Member

01-06-2011

Quote:
darklordlyn:
map awareness



that is all.



That's all fine and dandy for ganks, but even if I ward jungle, and river, it doesn't stop stupid players from getting ganked. You know, the dumb asses who think 3 enemies is fine vs themselves?

More than that, after a certain point, team fights become worthless because teammates target tanks, don't focus down enemies, etc... it just seems pointless after 20 minutes to go on. Having map awareness of a group of 5 champions at your front door doesn't really matter.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Menion Lea

Senior Member

01-06-2011

Quote:
TomatoChip:
You gotta get ANGRY. Let the anger channel into the power of your play. Also, use the teamchat and /all chat to let your fellow players know of your ANGER.


Let the hate flow through you. Do not hesitate, show no mercy.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lofter

Senior Member

01-06-2011

Because you touch yourself at night.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KStreetFighter2

Recruiter

01-06-2011

Quote:
Menion Lea:
Let the hate flow through you. Do not hesitate, show no mercy.


Then you will know the true power of the darkside


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sinn GnG

Senior Member

01-06-2011

If you're convinced its your team mates bringing you down and not yourself, then theres a few ways to address this.

A lot of people rage at their allies, try giving constructive criticism; help your newb mates out by pointing out some strengths and strategy for their champ. Point out weaknesses in other champs and when and where to take advantage of said weaknesses.

WARD WARD WARD FOR MAP AWARENESS!!!!!

So many people claim they know it and use it, but when it comes down to brass tacs, I've seen TONS of people get caught up in their fight and quit paying attention.

I dont know how many times I've called an mia only to have mid lane ganked 30 seconds later, and my mid is in chat "WTF, Y NOBODY CALL POPPY MI........... oh, guess you did call her mia, my bad"

Be the jedi and teach the padawans, while remaining humble and helpful.

tl;dr give a man an OP champ he will be high elo for a day, teach a man to be OP regardless the champ, and he will be high elo forever.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Necrosis627

Senior Member

01-06-2011

Quote:
lawlzor:
So I've been playing quite a bit for two months, I'm not terrible at video games, I played dota, and I've been 30 for a month now, but I BLOW at solo queue.

My rune setup is magic pen marks, mana regen per level seals, and cooldown glyphs.

My ranked stats are 11-15, I was 11-7 but just lost eight games in a row in the past 2 days. Most of my wins however are from either playing ranked with a friend, or all out arranged. My normal stats are 181-183 I think, which isn't bad since I played during release and was around 20-80 when I started a couple months ago for real.

WTF do I do wrong? Normal queue is terrible and 90% of the time I have to carry with poppy/annie/kayle, and you'd think ranked would lower the odds of terrible teammates but it doesn't. It's impossible to carry a team in ranked if your team blows.

I last hit, I play smart, I strategically gank, and usually have the best record in my team, but holy hell, I can't do it alone. Is this normal? It's making me rage, hard. (yea I mad) fuu

I know solo queue'ing is pretty random, and a 50% win/loss ratio is "normal" but I don't want normal, I want to be at least 60%, or even 70%. What are some basic principles to dealing with noob teammates and overall winning solo queue normal and/or ranked?

Yes, this is a giant QQ post, forgive me.

i have found the problem


12