For the experts

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Burbero

01-05-2010

wich is the differents? all do the same think?

The Brutalizer

+25 Attack Damage +15 Armor Penetration Passive: Reduces ability cooldowns by 10%.

Last Whisper

+20 Attack Damage +40% Attack Speed UNIQUE Passive: Attacks penetrate 40% of the defender's armor.

Stark's Fervor

+20% Attack Speed UNIQUE Aura: Gives nearby allied Champions 20% Lifesteal, 25% Attack Speed, and 30 Health per 5 seconds regenerated. Reduces the Armor of nearby enemy champions by 25

Melonyan

01-05-2010

They all do essentially the same thing(your attack damage ignores the specified amount of the enemies armour), except brutalizer and last whisper only work for your attacks, while the aura of stark's reduces the armour of all nearby enemy champions for you and your team. This means that you and everyone else on your team basically has +25 armour penetration against any enemies within range of Stark's aura effect.

Basilisk9466

01-05-2010

The end effect is the same, but it works out slightly differently. The key difference between Starks and the other two is an armour penalty like Starks, Black Cleaver and the upgraded Exhaust spell can make armour go negative (same goes for MR), while armour penetration can only make it go to 0.

It also goes in order of Armour Penalty -> % Armour penetration -> Flat armour penetration (I think, might have the last two mixed up).

So if you had all three of those against someone with 125 armour, their armour would be reduced to 100 by Starks, then your attack penetrates 40% (60 armour) and then 15 (45 armour). So your attack is calculated against 45 armour instead of 125.

Burbero

01-05-2010

i explain better im looking for 1 of that item probly i wil use 1 of it, usualy i play a solo hero, but if i found a good item group i can review my playstile plaining in duo.

so i have to choice 1 item who reduce armor or give me armor penetration, olso im always use Exhaust upgraded but i need more!

Melonyan

01-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burbero View Post
i explain better im looking for 1 of that item probly i wil use 1 of it, usualy i play a solo hero, but if i found a good item group i can review my playstile plaining in duo.

so i have to choice 1 item who reduce armor or give me armor penetration, olso im always use Exhaust upgraded but i need more!
Which one is best basically depends on how early in the game it is as Last whisper becomes more effective the more armour the enemy has. Basically an enemy champion needs to have ~60 armour before last whisper will reduce as much armour as Starks, so if you can get
Starks while most of the enemy heroes have less then 60 armour it will give you the greatest amount of armour reduction. Also, as I said earlier Starks benefits your entire team and has even more effects than last whisper, although it is more expensive.

Brutaliser however is basically a waste of gold in my opinion, and it'll just delay your first major item.

Burbero

01-05-2010

at advanced game when all got theyr setup 1 wipe = lose game and 1 more hero kil = win game

my frustation is stark work on team, but not always a team work fine ( i play usualy in a pug ) and give rally ****py bonus ( only 20% atk speed ), last wisper is cool with + dmg +aspd olso in advanced game when u can found a Armor based enemy 40% is umust!

Melonyan

01-05-2010

Quote:
at advanced game when all got theyr setup 1 wipe = lose game and 1 more hero kil = win game

my frustation is stark work on team, but not always a team work fine ( i play usualy in a pug ) and give rally ****py bonus ( only 20% atk speed ), last wisper is cool with + dmg +aspd olso in advanced game when u can found a Armor based enemy 40% is umust!
I'm pretty sure the 20% attack speed bonus, and the 25% attack speed bonus from starks aura stack, meaning the hero who bought starks would get 55% total attack speed. Also all the other "nearby champion" bonuses are applied to your hero as well, meaning the total bonus from starks to your hero would be 55% attack speed, 20% lifesteal, and 30 hp/5 sec regenerated as well as the armour debuff on enemy champions.

Starks isn't strictly better than last whisper, and if you're a carry who needs to kill high armour opponents Last whisper is definately the best option. Though Starks is a really powerful item and it's a good idea to have someone on your team buy it and on an organised team that someone is ussually a tank.

Burbero

01-05-2010

are usere the bonuses from Stark's Fervor are applied on yourself? if is it i can take it because in my setup i dont have any lifeleach so with 1 item i take ias lifeleach armor reduction

Elad

01-05-2010

Quote:
are usere the bonuses from Stark's Fervor are applied on yourself?
The bonuses from Stark's Fervor do apply to you as well as your teamates.

BobiusMaximus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-05-2010

The Black Cleaver is, IMO, the best armour reducing item in the game.