What items should Vlad use now?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BackDoorer

01-06-2011

while i acknowledge that bonus health does make pool hit harder, but when was the last time pool was used primarily for damage? usually it's for the slow and the escape, and the bonus damage is marginal at best, since another Q would cover the damage and the bonus heal warmog's provides. also without the 20% hp cost and on a 2 second cooldown. not to mention that you'll be able to hit w when the **** hits the fan and not find that it's still on cd because you used it for damage earlier on.

HOWEVER, with the recent changes to Z hourglass, i would recommend warmog's only if the opposing team's main dps is an AD carry without the brains to buy bloodrazor, since the armor from hourglass would make you hard to kill. but personal preference still points to FoN for me

edit: if you really must have a health item, i would prefer a leviathan if you're rolling. but after rylai's.

Sacull Kinslayer

01-06-2011

No one is saying you must have a HP item. Someone chose to call Warmog's fail or useless basically (that is how it sounded to me) and evidence was shone otherwise. And Leviathan is a far less viable Vlad item than Warmogs. It's only good thing is it is cheap.

Run a Warmogs one time... keeping 4 stacks of ToB up at all times (with no health loss and plus the bonus to damage and health gain). Have a team fight where you drop hemo+ToB+Pool under them all and tell me what does more damage to their team... that or R, Q, E, Q. One is much more beneficial to the team fight. And the 20% health loss... between the natural spell vamp of Sanguine Pool and Will of the Ancients you will come up with that being negated.

I am not saying it is right. But it is far more viable than some people think. And all Vlad's items should activate one or both ends of Crimson Pact. UNLESS a specific game situation dictates otherwise.

BackDoorer

01-06-2011

i do think warmog's is a great item, BUT on vlad i tend go with leviathan most of the time, since while it fails like hell, i've already gotten mejai's anyways, and they can snowball together, and it DOES provide the 15% reduction to both physical and magical.
maybe it's just me, but i tend to build everything around his Q, which scales alot better with AP than hp i find, since the healing is not just spellvamp if i remember correctly. OR it might just be because i like having over 9000 ap and rolling face with it =D

Sacull Kinslayer

01-06-2011

Vlad is so much more than just his Q.

And fyi... I rarely ever get HP items with Vlad except for Rylais. But I have found that with Vlad Warmogs is a very offensive weapon and if the situation calls for it it can be a superior item with Vlad.

Also FYI... I used to say the exact same things that you say. Until I ran a series of tests and saw the actual math for the item and realized that it was more than just a defensive item. (Except about Leviathan's... never have liked that item nor the idea of double snowball.)

I usually end up with 4-5k+ health and anywhere from 600-850+ AP depending on how long the game lasts without Mejai's. Since the new patch I haven't had all 6 items yet so I am not sure how high my build can go now.

I stopped using Mejai's sometime back because the better players WILL focus you to ensure no (or few) stacks and so I learned to not rely on it for damage because it itself is not reliable.

For review:

Warmogs for Vlad =

1370 HP
Hp = 54.8 AP
Bonus HP = 205 bonus damage for Sanguine Pool
45HP/5 = spammable ToB
4 stacks of spammable ToB = Increased ToB damage and 32% increased healing and regen. (Btw 4 stacks of ToB will end up doing almost the same damage that Transfusion does... but to a lot of targets.)

This DOES NOT MEAN that Warmogs is a CORE ITEM for Vlad. Not at all. I would never consider it that. But it is definitely more than just a defensive item when and if used by Vlad. Quite potent in the right Vlad hands actually.

BackDoorer

01-06-2011

hm... seems reasonable, usually when it gets to late game i sell leviathan and switch for warmog's if i can buy it in one go, so its usually my last item. the thing is... i rarely get to finish even my FoN if even Z.Ring... however since patch, i've tried skipping leviathan and found that it doesnt really matter that much so i just go sorc boots, mejai (if pwning), rylai, deathcap, hourglass, fon/warmogs