Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Let's talk about the Design of Team Builder

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Doomsday9901

03-04-2014

Quote:
Samus Frost:
What if you see that someone is going to try to be toxic in a game or pick a terrible champ like nautilus for adc, but the rest of your team is 100% normal. Will there be a way to for the team to vote that one person out for someone new or will we just have to leave on our own to hope we get into a good team again?

The team captain can remove them.

Living Archive

03-04-2014

Looks really cool! Any change that, for ranked, you could have teambuilder on the front end queue into the pick/ban draft phase on the back end? It would take a little more time, but it would really help things along methinks.

much feed

03-04-2014

Quote:
Doomsday9901:
The team captain can remove them.

i think that gives them too much power because then they could just remove anyone that went against what they thought was correct. i know the meta is important but some people, especially at lower elos can play things that aren't..."meta" and preform well.

but there should be a way too keep someone from playing "adc" leblanc or something lolol

BubonicBite

03-04-2014

or if you really wanted this to be implemented into ranked..

they could make it to where you pick 5-8 champs that you can play in the lane/role you called and have a second list of champs that you can play in another lane/role. granted this would probably end up adding a whole new portion to the system it would be easiest to add in a preferred champs/roles lists similar to item sets into the summoner profile page and allow the whole teambuilder team to see those lists without going to your profile. then your team can build a few strategies before ever going into champ select.

yeah it might make the ranked teams take a little longer if they wanted to play this way but its probably the best way to implement it.

PortageLakes

03-04-2014

anyone know when this will hit NA servers?

Garlyle Wilds

03-05-2014

Quote:
much feed:
i think that gives them too much power because then they could just remove anyone that went against what they thought was correct. i know the meta is important but some people, especially at lower elos can play things that aren't..."meta" and preform well.

but there should be a way too keep someone from playing "adc" leblanc or something lolol

It's been stated that those who play off picks do have slightly longer queue times to find a good team, however, captains can be surprisingly receptive.

To be honest, if someone would hate that I take Karma mid (a completely sensible choice even if slightly nonstandard), I'd rather wait a minute or two to find a team that's fine with it instead of getting into 40 minutes of harassment.

Brocccoli

03-05-2014

Had an idea after reading on the FAQ how Riot is not sure how Team Builder could be built into ranked because of Draft Mode (picks and bans).

Why not, for ranked Team Builder, have a player pick 6 champions along with their roles that they would like to play, in order of preference. This leaves room for bans. Although, now that I type this out, this may impact queue times, as there is more to look at for the matchmaker AI.

Just an idea.

brunoais

03-05-2014

Quote:
Lyte:
The current version of Team Builder focuses on champion select, and not on drafting or counterpicking. Given that those are critical to the strategy of competitive game modes, we aren't sure how Team Builder will work in Ranked modes just yet but it's something we're thinking about.

Did any of you rioters read my idea about it?
http://community.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/fancreations/5QFLEEoR-idea-tbcommentdiscuss-pls-team-builder-for-draft-pick (original post: http://community.pbe.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/champions-gameplay-feedback/AJcHfEK1-).
It didn't have enough discussion yet but I think it can be something you can use to to start with.
Unfortunately, the community is not helping much in the euw forums as it was left abandoned after only 2 players gave useful advice and opinions.

Wolfenstyne

03-05-2014

Does it worry you that you have a front page sticky of this Thread that has been here for a day and only has 9 pages of discussion? I think the feature looks really cool, but until it comes to Ranked is not coming to the area of the game that needs toxicity alleviation the most. Honestly this feature makes me a bit depressed because I know the area of the game I actually play won't see it for a long while. It's like my favorite band has come out of retirement and doing a reunion tour..... but nowhere near my area of the country. So it sounds awesome and cool.... but I won't be able to experience it.

Jennyfrmtheblock

03-05-2014

All I can say is that I'm hella excited for this to happen.
No more fighting for our preferred roles!