Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Who designed Vel'Koz?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

03-01-2014

Subninja, who also worked on Zac, was the gameplay designer on Vel'koz. As with every champion though Vel'koz is very much a group effort, with a lot of people from a wide range of disciplines contributing to different aspects of his development.

Sodaspree

03-01-2014

Quote:
Meddler:
Subninja, who also worked on Zac, was the gameplay designer on Vel'koz. As with every champion though Vel'koz is very much a group effort, with a lot of people from a wide range of disciplines contributing to different aspects of his development.

I ****ing love Subninja. I started playing a bit after Zed's release, and the only two champions who have been released since, that I loved every single thing about, are Zac and Vel'Koz.

Keep up the fantastic work, Subninja.

Cryypter

03-01-2014

@Subninja: Thank you for your contribution. (http://images.wikia.com/leagueoflegends/images/a/ac/VelKoz.attack06.ogg)

Linna Excel

03-01-2014

Quote:
Meddler:

Who did his theme and art?

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

03-01-2014

Quote:
Linna Excel:
Who did his theme and art?

Opeli was the writer on Vel'koz (bio, VO lines etc). A lot of different artists worked on him, including TheBravoRay on concept art, Reach4TheSkylar on animations, Troyzilla on particles and a bunch of other folks whose summoner names I don't know off the top of the head on things like final loading screen art, icons, rigging, model sculpting etc. Then there are other things like QA, sound design, login screen, login song, gameplay balance, production and almost certainly some other stuff I'm forgetting.

Logan Richardson

03-01-2014

Quote:
Cryypter:
@Subninja: Thank you for your contribution. (http://images.wikia.com/leagueoflegends/images/a/ac/VelKoz.attack06.ogg)

scared the living sh*t out of me.

Latitoast

03-01-2014

Quote:
Bronziepatrol:
he has no free stats
has a resource
and isen't overly mobile
hes not a certainly t champ.

but zyra, darius, and thresh aren't mobile at all, and yasuo is his only resourceless champ, and zed having energy

they all have free stats tho, but darius getting 5% movespeed for hitting a champ isn't that much of a difference

FreljordsFinest

03-02-2014

Thanks Meddler, you da man!

Cya later Nerds

03-02-2014

my feelings to subninja http://heyyeyaaeyaaaeyaeyaa.com/

Currymancer

03-02-2014

Quote:
Meddler:

why does he design such annoying to play against champs with retarded amounts of CC?