Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Wriggles and its new upgrade, "Feral Flames"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RavenHusky

02-28-2014

I'd actually like to thank Riot for reducing the cooldown upon swapping trinkets. Makes it less awkward to swap to the scrying orb at level 9 on Lux.

Maximum Remilia

02-28-2014

i like that they're trying to make it viable, but as it stands now it still seems pretty underwhelming

i could see some jungle Yi making use of it though.

CrimsonAxests

02-28-2014

i assume the maim buff it speaks of is the simple damage increase until upgrading into feral flame, i doubt that it gives you any different buffs besides that.

Teraxe

02-28-2014

Quote:
Maximum Remilia:
i like that they're trying to make it viable, but as it stands now it still seems pretty underwhelming

i could see some jungle Yi making use of it though.

that is my opinion on it, it seems rather underwhelming, AD + AS meh, I wish it could be made to be viable on Lee again.

CrimsonAxests

02-28-2014

Quote:
Alphazonex:
So why get this item over the jungle spirit items?

gives you attack speed and AD, so now you have an item for junglers like yi and tiger udyr, the reason it wasn't formerly taken is because it gave no AD and wasn't worth it for just the attack speed

AR Manimal

02-28-2014

Quote:
Meddler:
Yeah, the largest monster in each camp counts for stacking purposes. Particularly useful if you've got a champ/comp where stealing some of the enemy's jungle's feasible.

I'd love to try it on Udyr if mana weren't such an issue with him.

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

02-28-2014

Quote:
PsychoB0b:
Quick question...does the counter start with the first proc of Maim on hunters machete? Oooor does it only start counting with wriggles?

Because if it does...nobody is likely to really see the upgraded version of wriggles when they need to clear 25 individual camps at a point when they can actually buy the item...in midgame.

Edit: Nope, I stand corrected, stacks all game, apologies for the confusion.

Counter starts once you upgrade to Wriggles. It's not intended to be a great choice if you're playing a gank heavy jungler, very much targeted at champs with more desire to jungle clear fast/invade to steal camps.

Linna Excel

02-28-2014

So it's basically a poor man's Elder lizard and it is an on-hit item meaning it'll suck more. It's still useless to non-junglers. The stats are slightly better, but don't jump out.

I'd prefer elder lizard plus bork. Elder lizard returns mana in the jungle and has CDR. I'd give up 35% attack speed as a mana based AD jungler for that any day. CDR is hard enough to find, mana gain almost impossible.

It's just not a viable alternative even for slightly less money.

IMO just make it a sightstone upgrade that gives AD. That will fix it. That will allow other champs to buy it. That will make it easier for the jungle to help warding (one's not enough).

PsychoB0b

02-28-2014

Quote:
Meddler:
Counter starts once you upgrade to Wriggles. It's not intended to be a great choice if you're playing a gank heavy jungler, very much targeted at champs with more desire to jungle clear fast/invade to steal camps.

Well isn't that a bit of a problem though? You're putting a significant amount of gold into an item that gives pretty much zero combat stats, but now holds the promise of being good much later in the game, but now offers even less reward gold for upgrading it.

Meanwhile, the spirit stone items all offer reward gold for clearing, offer actual usable stats, and have a neat useful little passive attached to them. Even then, the reliance on assists and kills to gain stats on the item seems like it'd be difficult to balance out at best, especially on a champ who won't be ganking to justify buying the item.

EDIT- WOot! First time a red responded to me! Watch out Gd, Im prepping my victory dance later, and will work on my eventual conquering afterwards.

19902013RIP Kira

02-28-2014

@Meddler why you dont bring madred.s bloodrazor back?

Make it a bit better with better building path and better stats and make it upgrade to wriggles~!

This item was good on some champs! (WW) DAT 20% Max Hp damage ulti

So why not?