Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Wriggles and its new upgrade, "Feral Flames"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LoLKiru

02-28-2014

Quote:
Teraxe:
Transforms from Wriggle's Lantern after 25 large monsters killed with Maim.

seems damn near impossible to get.

I don't think its that bad, That counts the large wolf and giant wraith right? Also includes Wight now. Seems like it could be pretty manageable if you farm the jungle alot.

Worst case if its too hard, they could tone the number down a bit.

Teraxe

02-28-2014

UNIQUE Passive - Maim: Basic attacks deal [missing] magic damage (33% against champions) and heal on hit. This damage and heal is increased by kills, assists and large monster kills.

WTF does this even mean

PhoenixSlayer13

02-28-2014

Color me interested.

Teraxe

02-28-2014

Quote:
LoLKiru:
I don't think its that bad, That counts the large wolf and giant wraith right? Also includes Wight now. Seems like it could be pretty manageable if you farm the jungle alot.

it not only says you have to kill 25 large monsters, it says you must do it with maim. Maim is 100 damage proc on auto attack. Using Smite to kill dragon or baron will not count towards the count for example.

LoLKiru

02-28-2014

Quote:
Teraxe:
UNIQUE Passive - Maim: Basic attacks deal [missing] magic damage (33% against champions) and heal on hit. This damage and heal is increased by kills, assists and large monster kills.

WTF does this even mean

Could've edited my other post to answer this question as well, but oh well; no harm done.

That said: if it does what I THINK it does, feral flame deals bonus damage, and then heals you for that same amount, regardless of what you're fighting (like the basic maim, except it works on ANYTHING even champions and minions)

The amount of bonus damage it does (and consequently, the amount you heal for) increases by a set amount (I'd assume up to a cap) every time you get a kill, assist, or slay a large monster.

Edit: Interesting point on having to kill with maim, it MIGHT just be in general and could just be bad word choice; but we'll have to wait for the servers to come up to find out.

Panthaz89

02-28-2014

Heimer AP ratio on turret health FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

02-28-2014

Quote:
LoLKiru:

Yeah, the largest monster in each camp counts for stacking purposes. Particularly useful if you've got a champ/comp where stealing some of the enemy's jungle's feasible.

DeathByWaffle

02-28-2014

Interesting, I guess.

Risotadazo

02-28-2014

I dunno. It's definitely a buff, but traditionally on hit magic damage has been more popular with bruisers than Wriggles's intended users, since it won't scale with crit or armor pen.

PsychoB0b

02-28-2014

Quote:
Meddler:
Yeah, the largest monster in each camp counts for stacking purposes. Particularly useful if you've got a champ/comp where stealing some of the enemy's jungle's feasible.

Quick question...does the counter start with the first proc of Maim on hunters machete? Oooor does it only start counting with wriggles?

Because if it does...nobody is likely to really see the upgraded version of wriggles when they need to clear 25 individual camps at a point when they can actually buy the item...in midgame.