Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Mac client crashing

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Muchopablotaco

03-18-2014

Im getting the crashes too but i think its related to the mavericks os on the Mac. It started the maestro errors when i updated but i may be wrong.

ElectroChemAI

03-18-2014

Given people's sparse details in the first page I'm not sure if my issue is the same as theirs. I will post here first, and if it is different then I will make a separate post.

Apart from the ridiculous number of connection problems people are having I am freezing up rather often. On average I would say it happens about 50% of the time, maybe slightly less. I will be playing a game and all of the sudden everything freezes. Nothing happens, I can't command+tab out, I can't do anything. I finally realized after a minute or two that I could do command+option+esc, which I typically use only to kill an unresponsive program as a last resort. However, when I do this here the game closes out and goes back to the client. I get the typical "there is a game in progress" message, or something of that nature, along with the reconnect button. At this point I just have to click reconnect and load the game once again.

I've been playing a lot of aram recently (playing ranked or normals with these connection issues is far too risky/aggravating) and I cannot tell you the number of times I have frozen up during a final siege on our base, or during a comeback fight that we are about to win. While I'm sure it is random compared to what is actually happening in the game, it seems to always happen at very frustrating times, and the fact that it happens at all is incredibly unfortunate for everyone.

In any case, the freezing is completely ridiculous, especially given how long all of these problems have been going on. It is making the game unplayable, especially coupled with the connection problems. I am at the point where playing just isn't worth it because my actions don't really matter anymore. What matters is if I'm lucky with connections and freezing.

If there is any information (such as logs or system information) that I can provide to expedite the repairs of this I would be most happy to do so. Thanks for your time.

Godlyfe

Recruiter

03-18-2014

This is happening to me as well... :/ Disappointed with riot lately with the recent bugs, crashes, ISP issues, etc.

MyriadSmoke

03-19-2014

same problem here...was just getting to love this game and now its impossible to play. get the mac users back on the attack, riot! p.s. i've already spent like 40 bucks buying champions! i feel taken.

alyelectron

03-19-2014

I'm crashing too. I can't tab out of it so I end up hard shutting down my laptop..
In 1 game, I hard shut down my Mac 4 times, and every time it would let me reconnect then freeze immediately, even before I could buy items.

RedeemedMalice

03-19-2014

Same issue. I try out a custom game works fine. Get into PvP and it freezes before I can buy anything. Talked with other mac players, same issue. Started on patch 4.3, continuing to be an issue in 4.4. Riot plz help!

Traxicus

03-19-2014

Yup, I have a Mac and I've got this issue too. Only happens on Howling Abyss though... but as soon as I load in, I get maybe a second of normalcy before it freezes completely and crashes a few seconds later.

blackDDog

03-19-2014

My game crashed once last night and once today. I has been happening since the Heimer rework patch. Happens within the first 5mins of the match.

Specs:
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro8,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.2 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 4 GB

After I was finished the match I reopened the LOL patcher and saved the log out. I hope something useful is in there for you.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3863748/Logs-2014-03-19T19-54-45.gz

Adosmaerc

03-19-2014

I am getting crashes when games are launching, during games and sometimes the inability to launch my league client. I am also getting extremely frequent disconnects (every 30-45 seconds, for about 30 seconds to a minutes). Is anyone else getting this problem with lag? I know RIOT is trying to resolve some disconnect problems with certain ISPs but this is getting absurd.

Aknowsia

03-19-2014

|I'm getting crashes on maverick now. I also get maestro errors. I get the disconnects randomly for 5-10 seconds now, and i don't d/c with other online games.