Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Mac client crashing

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scartafist

06-26-2014

Quote:
Kyrapoq:
You guys all have to keep in mind that Riot doesn't give a care about a small percentage of the community who plays their
game on macs. There will likely no ever be an update or patch for really any game that aims in helping the Mac players. As Mac players, we need to get used to that.

Completely agree with this. At this point Riot can just do everyone a favor and either scrap their Mac Client (for the 2nd time) or actually care. Either way it's time to face reality and get a PC.

bolo san

07-04-2014

Quote:
Scartafist:
Completely agree with this. At this point Riot can just do everyone a favor and either scrap their Mac Client (for the 2nd time) or actually care. Either way it's time to face reality and get a PC.

i hate to say it... but now that my game doesnt work, it looks like i have no option other than to get a pc.

ive done just about everything and i think its a software issue within the client. im pretty sure its not a hardware issue with my macbookpro. unforunately for us, macs are just not made for gaming. im actually thankful that we get to even play this game. i just hope riot fixes it cause im not getting a pc anytime soon and will miss being able to play league

**** man i dont have the money to just go buy a pc lol. the game worked for almost 2 years and i really didnt have any problems with the client. i dont understand why it just stopped working as of 3 days ago.

riot i believe in you! fix this ****!

ChocoBit4u

07-04-2014

You people do realize that a PC costs less than a Mac right? Why did you people even buy Mac in the first place? It's so incompatible with almost about everything.

Other than that, you could always try Bootcamp, unless you're doing that already.

BLSTrunks

07-04-2014

Riot please, this is obviously a huge problem and there is no fix to it.

bolo san

07-05-2014

Quote:
ChocoBit4u:
You people do realize that a PC costs less than a Mac right? Why did you people even buy Mac in the first place? It's so incompatible with almost about everything.

Other than that, you could always try Bootcamp, unless you're doing that already.

a pc indeed costs less than a mac, but i spent all my money on music production, which is why i have a mac. and i honestly hate to think about it, but i will quit this game forever to pursue music production... cause thats just what i do.

thats a very good point tho, i think i will install bootcamp, cause this game is worth it imo

clymond

07-30-2014

**** u riot fix this **** omg

TheFatDrunkGamer

08-10-2014

Just downloaded the mac client so I could play at work when I am not busy and tonight was the first night I got to try it and it kept crashing on me. Its happening once or twice a game. I gave up after my third game.

Folkvarder

08-28-2014

I'm also having the same problem... Seems like at 2:00 every time... once or so a day. I've attached all of the logs from immediately before and after the crash except the maestro server log which this system says is too big... I'm going to try to attach it to a separate comment.

>>>>> UPDATE <<<<<<

Maestro server log too big to attach to any message... if needed please let me know.

Quote:
Brentmeister:
This issue can be caused if LoL Launcher crashes in the background while the Air Client is running. Are you getting a crash dialog for LoL Launcher?

If you are still experiencing this issue after the 4.4 patch lands can you please post your logs? Open the patcher, go to the gear in the upper right and select "Save Logs" then upload them here or on some upload site.

Thanks,

@ENIACK: Is it possible for you to post the System details for the machines that are affected and the one that is not?
You can get this information by going to [Apple Icon] -> About this Mac -> More Info -> System Report -> File -> Save

BloodMafia1867

09-02-2014

i play on mac for LOL and after the 4.16 was released i wasn't able to open league anymore
can someone tell whats happening like i cant even open it anymore (like i said before)

JCer69

09-03-2014

Quote:
BloodMafia1867:
i play on mac for LOL and after the 4.16 was released i wasn't able to open league anymore
can someone tell whats happening like i cant even open it anymore (like i said before)

I had this issue too. Click League icon and nothing happens. So I downloaded the league client installer and copied over the
the userkernal file on the installer to where it's located on my lol client. Fixed this. Search online for the the fix. Its online but don't remember the whole fix. Other than it's userkernal file curroption./

Most recent patch did improve fps for me noticeably, but crashing a lot more. Annoying but I can deal with it.