Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ask Poppy, The Iron Ambassador

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask the Gargoyle

03-04-2014

Quote:
P0PPY:
Poppy gets off her chair and walks down to her forge, making a sign of her finger to invite Galio to follow. As they enter the other part of the house, the heat raises greatly till they reach an iron door. The little girl picks up a pair of gloves and open the door slowly as it was obviously heavy to move for her size. She then picks up a pair of goggle and straps then on her forehead. When they enter, a huge fire dominate the room in the middle. There was tools all around and a giant cauldron in the middle, which was moved by a complex mechanism. Molds on the side were stacked. There was also what it seemed to be training dummies but the yordle was using them to hold the armors or fix them on a humanoid form. She passed to the other side of the burning place to stop in front of a table where pieces of armor were scattered. She picks up a scroll and unfold it on the table. The plans were drawn with haste. But Galio could have a good idea of what all these parts would look like once all together.

{ Picked a random armor on google => http://www.worldofgothic.de/screenshots/cleaved_maiden/thPaladin_Plate_Armors.jpg (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/redirect.php?do=verify&redirect_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.worldofgothic.de%2Fscreenshots%2Fcleaved_maiden%2FthPaladin_Plate_Armors.jpg) }

The crest of Demacia was on the chestplate and by the colours of the parts on the tables, the armor was probably very shiny with a gold trim on the pauldrons. Blue clothing were hanging at the waist and under the chestplate.

''Much work into it. I will probably be done tomorrow at noon.'' She remarked.

((Another convert to dogeism. Much work, such hot, wow, doge))

Galio downs what remains of his juice and gets up to follow Poppy. When they arrive at the furnace room Galio begins to reach over Poppy to help open the door, but stop when Poppy opens it herself. When they walk in, galio stops and looks around. He has never been inside of a blacksmith's work shop before. he quickly gets his mind back and heads over to the table where Poppy laid out plans for the armor. "I bet whoever this armor is for will be very glad to see this, I have no doubt you will not fail to make it amazing." Galio says as he looks at the armor plans. "Have you started on it, or have you only set up the outline for it?"

P0PPY

03-04-2014

Quote:
Ask the Gargoyle:

Galio downs what remains of his juice and gets up to follow Poppy. When they arrive at the furnace room Galio begins to reach over Poppy to help open the door, but stop when Poppy opens it herself. When they walk in, galio stops and looks around. He has never been inside of a blacksmith's work shop before. he quickly gets his mind back and heads over to the table where Poppy laid out plans for the armor. "I bet whoever this armor is for will be very glad to see this, I have no doubt you will not fail to make it amazing." Galio says as he looks at the armor plans. "Have you started on it, or have you only set up the outline for it?"

[Doge is part of my life and probably too much now... xD]

''Yes I have started. The parts around the tables are all his armor but I am working on the pauldrons at the moment. They are giving me problems since they are made in one piece. I can't just work finely around the edges without taking it apart first. I will need silver solder to make it whole again after. I ordered it from the market and it should be here later on today or tomorrow.''

She rolls back the scroll and put it back on a shelf. the blacksmith places some wood in the fire and invite Galio to leave the room.

''It's not a very good place to chit-chat here. The wind in the vapor lock and the burning embers are noisy. This is without saying how hot it is in here!''

Once they were both out, she closes the door and removes her gloves and goggles. She takes a towel and rubs her face with it. She offers another one to her firend in case he had touched something. The yordle then removed her confection in her hair to let them loose.

''What about your work? Guardianship must not be one of the most demanding work around in these peaceful times.''

Ask the Gargoyle

03-04-2014

Quote:
P0PPY:
[Doge is part of my life and probably too much now... xD]

''Yes I have started. The parts around the tables are all his armor but I am working on the pauldrons at the moment. They are giving me problems since they are made in one piece. I can't just work finely around the edges without taking it apart first. I will need silver solder to make it whole again after. I ordered it from the market and it should be here later on today or tomorrow.''

She rolls back the scroll and put it back on a shelf. the blacksmith places some wood in the fire and invite Galio to leave the room.

''It's not a very good place to chit-chat here. The wind in the vapor lock and the burning embers are noisy. This is without saying how hot it is in here!''

Once they were both out, she closes the door and removes her gloves and goggles. She takes a towel and rubs her face with it. She offers another one to her firend in case he had touched something. The yordle then removed her confection in her hair to let them loose.

''What about your work? Guardianship must not be one of the most demanding work around in these peaceful times.''

Galio walks around the room and looks at the armor pieces Poppy has already constructed. "True it is quite noisy here, though I can not feel the heat but if you says so" he says as he leaves the room. Galio's runic symbols glow as the dirt he was slightly covered with just disappears as he uses his enchantments to absorb the dirt into fuel to keep him alive. He waves away the towel and stops to think when Poppy asks him about his work.

"While not much has really happened, my duties are still needed. Even during times of peace people still try and do illegal things within Demacia. A few days ago I had to deal with some smugglers that attempted to sneak into the the under cover of nightfall. Most of my work is simply flying around and every hour checking at the Guardmen's house to see if anything has alluded my view. Most of the jobs I get are usually to break up fights or to simply watch for people trying to bring in illegal goods, which usually means watching the gates. No one really notices me on the gates as I do blend in well. The children can always pick me out somehow though."

Ask the String

03-05-2014

Quote:
P0PPY:
''Free time? Ooooh! Hahaha... You really make me happy there. For a moment I though you could have been an envoy from Demacia.''

The yordle shivers and let her arm loose on the sides.

'' Lot of pressure from everyone. It is not always easy. It is as if I knew everyone coming to see were to ask something to do. Task or anything. This is why I returned to Bandle city instead of Demacia. I slowly begin to feel better. See, I even started to cook!''

She stands back up to go check on what was cooking. Everything looked so good that she picked a wooden spoon and tasted on the tip of her lips the broth.

''And I am getting good!''

She giggled and placed the spoon in the sink. Remembering Sona had asked for tea, Poppy picks up a few leaves of mint and place a kettle on the oven. She makes a little bag of fabric and ties it up with the mint leaves inside. Before tying the knot, she adds a mixture of her own. It was made of dried plants who had been soaked into honey to give a sweet taste to it.

''Your words are as tenders as the ones I suppose a mother would have. We can chat anytime you want. Is there anything you wanted to know about me in particular? Oh and your tea should be ready soon.''

Sona nodded, and watched Poppy cook silently, only contributing a small nod or simple chuckle to the conversation. That is, until Poppy started to make the tea. She noticed something about Poppy's tea bags that just peaked her interest.

"Well first off, I would like to question your tea making strategy," Sona started kindly, "If you don't mind me asking as a fellow tea enthusiast, what ingredients do you end up using aside from mint leaves?"

P0PPY

03-06-2014

Quote:
Ask the Gargoyle:
Galio walks around the room and looks at the armor pieces Poppy has already constructed. "True it is quite noisy here, though I can not feel the heat but if you says so" he says as he leaves the room. Galio's runic symbols glow as the dirt he was slightly covered with just disappears as he uses his enchantments to absorb the dirt into fuel to keep him alive. He waves away the towel and stops to think when Poppy asks him about his work.

"While not much has really happened, my duties are still needed. Even during times of peace people still try and do illegal things within Demacia. A few days ago I had to deal with some smugglers that attempted to sneak into the the under cover of nightfall. Most of my work is simply flying around and every hour checking at the Guardmen's house to see if anything has alluded my view. Most of the jobs I get are usually to break up fights or to simply watch for people trying to bring in illegal goods, which usually means watching the gates. No one really notices me on the gates as I do blend in well. The children can always pick me out somehow though."

''Children? How come? I mean... ''

She preferred not pursuing the subject any longer. Before he could reply, she asked him to wait a moment. The yordle went to the sink and places her towel under the water. She then brushes her hair and her face with it, cleaning off what was left from earlier. Her blue skin looked way better after being cleaned. Both megling were hard worker, as much on the field than in their everyday life. In consequence, it was rare, beside than important meetings, to see either being all clean. Was it the blood or the dirt sticking in the sweat of their hard work, they were always first to get things done and were not scared to get dirty to achieve their goal, physically that is.

''You know, I would like to go out more. Do something. Would you have anything to suggest? What to do? We could hang out sometwhere, find a cool activity!''

P0PPY

03-06-2014

Quote:
Ask the String:
Sona nodded, and watched Poppy cook silently, only contributing a small nod or simple chuckle to the conversation. That is, until Poppy started to make the tea. She noticed something about Poppy's tea bags that just peaked her interest.

"Well first off, I would like to question your tea making strategy," Sona started kindly, "If you don't mind me asking as a fellow tea enthusiast, what ingredients do you end up using aside from mint leaves?"

''It will be my pleasure, fellow tea connoisseur''
She giggles and continues. ''They are Camellia Sinensis leaves and Rosemary. Both have been soaked into honey after being dried in a big book. I also have some that aren't dried but different preparations for different tastes.''

Soon after, the kettle was already whistling. She took it off and filled a teapot and added the little bag of tea inside. While bringing it to the table, the yordle traveled carefully, making sure she wouldn't spill it. She also gets two cups and places them on the oven but not directly on the fire. It was simply to warm the up and not lose the warmth of the tea when she would pour it inside. She checked on the meal as it was soon ready. The smell was reminding Poppy that she was very hungry. Her stomach growled a bit but it was not yet ready to be served. Pulling back a chair to sit, she touches the teapot a moment to check on the temperature and brings the two cups which were now warmer.

''Two minutes and the tea will be ready. What about you Sona, what is your favorite tea? Surprise me, I'd love to know.''

Ask the String

03-07-2014

Quote:
P0PPY:

''It will be my pleasure, fellow tea connoisseur''
She giggles and continues. ''They are Camellia Sinensis leaves and Rosemary. Both have been soaked into honey after being dried in a big book. I also have some that aren't dried but different preparations for different tastes.''

Soon after, the kettle was already whistling. She took it off and filled a teapot and added the little bag of tea inside. While bringing it to the table, the yordle traveled carefully, making sure she wouldn't spill it. She also gets two cups and places them on the oven but not directly on the fire. It was simply to warm the up and not lose the warmth of the tea when she would pour it inside. She checked on the meal as it was soon ready. The smell was reminding Poppy that she was very hungry. Her stomach growled a bit but it was not yet ready to be served. Pulling back a chair to sit, she touches the teapot a moment to check on the temperature and brings the two cups which were now warmer.

''Two minutes and the tea will be ready. What about you Sona, what is your favorite tea? Surprise me, I'd love to know.''

"Camellia and Rosemary you say....interesting," Sona remarked, "Perhaps I may try that one day..."

Sona took her teacup with a kind polite smile, "Thank you." She took a sip before responding to Poppy's question, "Personally I try to keep my mind open to all types of tea, as I do with music. But if I was forced to choose, I would prefer a somewhat unique blend of Jasmine leaves and strawberry essence. What about you? What do you prefer the most?"

P0PPY

03-09-2014

Sipping to her own cup, Poppy took the time to taste it very well before swallowing. She had a brighter smile now. Tea always had a positive effect on the yordle and talking bout it only made it better.

-''Anything made with fruits are...'' she winks ''... My cup of tea.''

The yordle gasped and hurried to one of her cupboard. She picked up a box of what seemed to be cookies. They were made of oatmeal with a bit of almond butter on the top part.

''You have to try this. Of course, I will take them back if you are allergic to nuts. With the tea, it is a real treat!''

The ambassador looked outside a moment and sighs. She was relaxed and it's only when she breaths in that her meal came back to her mind. It was ready to be served. She prepared two plates and places them on the table with two forks and knives. She picks up Sona's plate and fills it with a a portion of meat and a portion of vegetables. She does the same for herself before returning with her guest.

''Bonne app├ętit! I've learned that from Fiora.''

P0PPY

03-12-2014

-bump.- {Galio?}

Ask the Gargoyle

03-12-2014

Quote:
P0PPY:
''Children? How come? I mean... ''

She preferred not pursuing the subject any longer. Before he could reply, she asked him to wait a moment. The yordle went to the sink and places her towel under the water. She then brushes her hair and her face with it, cleaning off what was left from earlier. Her blue skin looked way better after being cleaned. Both megling were hard worker, as much on the field than in their everyday life. In consequence, it was rare, beside than important meetings, to see either being all clean. Was it the blood or the dirt sticking in the sweat of their hard work, they were always first to get things done and were not scared to get dirty to achieve their goal, physically that is.

''You know, I would like to go out more. Do something. Would you have anything to suggest? What to do? We could hang out sometwhere, find a cool activity!''

((Sorry have not been feeling well))

There is a nice cafe that a lady named LaLuna started. I went there for a little bit, she runs the place well if I might say so. The food is quite good and the coffee is amazing as well" Galio says smiling as he remembers the coffee.