Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ask Poppy, The Iron Ambassador

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask the Gargoyle

03-01-2014

Quote:
P0PPY:

Galio could hear the yordle rushing at the door as she was probably doing something else. After a few locks being unlocked, the door opens slowly and Poppy was there, standing in front of him, covered in oil with calipers in her hand.

-''Galio! Dear friend, what brings you here? I am glad you made it to Bandle city, it's quite a ride. Come inside! Would you like something to drink? I will clean up myself a bit and be back at you in a minute.''

She leaves the door open behind her and walks towards the part where the forge should be considering the chimney. She comes back quickly after taking off her blacksmith apron and proceeds to lead her friend to her kitchen where she had proper chairs for guests. The house was modest but very refined in the details. All pieces of wood were carved with the finest attention. The chairs were sturdy and solidified with iron. There was always the smell of burning wood floating with a faint scent of drying herbs and flowers. Those were hanging all around the kitchen for cooking purposes.
She was wearing a worn pair of oil stained brown pants which were also burned at some places. She had a black tank top, her hair were tied in a ponytail and wrapped in what seemed to be green leaves. It was to make sure her hair wouldn't catch on fire with a flying ember.
Poppy offered a chair to Galio and was standing next to him, waiting to know if he wanted anything.

"I'm fine thanks. Take your time cleaning up, no need to rush." Galio responds as he enters and looks around Poppy's home. He very quietly says "Quite homely" as he walks over to the chairs and sits on the edge so his wings do not rip into the seat.

P0PPY

03-01-2014

Quote:
Ask the String:

Sona smiled when Poppy opened the door, waving kindly to her, "Hello there, Ambassador Poppy. I hope..."

She stopped when she noticed Poppy run in a hurry to her kitchen. She glided in and allowed her music to fill the air of the home. She leaned over to see Poppy lifting a pot onto a table. She glided forward into the the kitchen, but stayed by the doorway, still not sure if she was fully welcomed in yet or not.

"Oh I didn't know you were preparing dinner," Sona started, "I'm so sorry. I wouldn't want to intrude if you're busy..."

The offer Poppy proposed did sound good, especially after the smell of stew hit the Maven's nostrils. She smiled, "Well...I would hate to reject the offer of dinner with a fellow champion...if it's alright with you, of course. I don't want to feel like I just barged in and demanded food from you."

{I gladly take comments and criticism as it only helps me to improve. In that case, I want to simply give more depth than the bit of lore that she received years ago. No, Poppy is not all girly and not always the funniest, but I still believe she has her everyday like anyone and without being too open about it, she is still a girl. A dress in the summer is always more enjoyable, even more during very warm temperatures. }

''I offered, don't feel bad about accepting my invitation.''

Poppy then replaced the meat on the stove and continued to chop the tomatoes.

''Would you like something to drink maybe? The road must have been long. I have some freshly made juice. I picked it up at the market this morning. They grow their own fruits and vegetables then sell them fresh.''

She gets a pitcher full of red liquid and leaves it on the table. Anyone close enough could tell there was a mix of little berries in the juice. Inside, there was cranberries floating with mint leaves. The yordle finished to cut what was on the cutting board and then turned to face Sona.

''What brings you here?
I'd guess it wasn't just a simple walk for fresh air if you came all the way over here.''

She knew it could have been something very important about the league. She was a bit nervous but didn't let it get to her. She was calm and wearing half a smile. Poppy just turned around and told the Maven she was still listening. She placed the vegetables into a second pot which started to cook on the stove next to the piece of beef. the yordle then came back to the table with Sona while it was cooking.

Ask the Gargoyle

03-01-2014

((I didn't think I could be forgotten so fast))

P0PPY

03-01-2014

{What do you mean forgotten? I am lost x.x}

Quote:
Ask the Gargoyle:
"I'm fine thanks. Take your time cleaning up, no need to rush." Galio responds as he enters and looks around Poppy's home. He very quietly says "Quite homely" as he walks over to the chairs and sits on the edge so his wings do not rip into the seat.

Poppy rubs her forehead with her sleeve and makes a large mark of coal. Considering her actual appearance in general, that was probably the least of her concern. She simply walked to the other side of the table and sit in front of him

'' I hope your way here wasn't bad. What brings you here today?''

The yordle reached for a pitcher on the table and fill a glass of juice. She takes a long sip and places back the glass empty on the table.

Ask the Gargoyle

03-02-2014

Quote:
P0PPY:
{What do you mean forgotten? I am lost x.x}

Poppy rubs her forehead with her sleeve and makes a large mark of coal. Considering her actual appearance in general, that was probably the least of her concern. She simply walked to the other side of the table and sit in front of him

'' I hope your way here wasn't bad. What brings you here today?''

The yordle reached for a pitcher on the table and fill a glass of juice. She takes a long sip and places back the glass empty on the table.

It was quite nice flying here, I do not get to enjoy that lately as I have been being summoned a little more so it was very relaxing. For why I am here, no real reason. I just wanted to chat with you for a while and catch on up things."

((Galio supports is so strong it isn't even funny. You can goto your carry and say "Here have 75 armor and MR at level 7))

P0PPY

03-02-2014

Quote:
Ask the Gargoyle:
It was quite nice flying here, I do not get to enjoy that lately as I have been being summoned a little more so it was very relaxing. For why I am here, no real reason. I just wanted to chat with you for a while and catch on up things."

As the gargoyle was speaking, Poppy too the time to fill another cup of juice for herself and offers one to Galio even if he refused. She knew he could have been tempted by the smell of the bright red colour.

'' Yeah and the temperature is perfect for a walk outside. I've been working on this new piece of armor recently. It will be for a certain guy who retires and gets this as a gift. It's basically his own armor completely refurbished. It's a nice set that is worn by a general by what I remember. If you want to see it, I can show you what it looks like.''

She was obviously not as energetic as the last time they had spoken together. It was because of this contract, she had spent a lot of her time on it and she wished to make it perfect. Occasionally interrupted by battles on the field, she had to catch back some time on her work and wanted to make the veteran proud to receive it back anew.

Ask the Gargoyle

03-03-2014

Quote:
P0PPY:
As the gargoyle was speaking, Poppy too the time to fill another cup of juice for herself and offers one to Galio even if he refused. She knew he could have been tempted by the smell of the bright red colour.

'' Yeah and the temperature is perfect for a walk outside. I've been working on this new piece of armor recently. It will be for a certain guy who retires and gets this as a gift. It's basically his own armor completely refurbished. It's a nice set that is worn by a general by what I remember. If you want to see it, I can show you what it looks like.''

She was obviously not as energetic as the last time they had spoken together. It was because of this contract, she had spent a lot of her time on it and she wished to make it perfect. Occasionally interrupted by battles on the field, she had to catch back some time on her work and wanted to make the veteran proud to receive it back anew.

Galio pauses before reaching over and taking the cup of juice. "I am interested to see what you are doing to this man's armor. Whatever you are doing, I doubt it is of low quality. Though biased it may be, you are one of the best blacksmiths that I have met. I would love to see the armor Poppy." Galio says, interested in what masterpiece Poppy is bending to perfection this time.

P0PPY

03-03-2014

Quote:
Ask the Gargoyle:
Galio pauses before reaching over and taking the cup of juice. "I am interested to see what you are doing to this man's armor. Whatever you are doing, I doubt it is of low quality. Though biased it may be, you are one of the best blacksmiths that I have met. I would love to see the armor Poppy." Galio says, interested in what masterpiece Poppy is bending to perfection this time.

Poppy gets off her chair and walks down to her forge, making a sign of her finger to invite Galio to follow. As they enter the other part of the house, the heat raises greatly till they reach an iron door. The little girl picks up a pair of gloves and open the door slowly as it was obviously heavy to move for her size. She then picks up a pair of goggle and straps then on her forehead. When they enter, a huge fire dominate the room in the middle. There was tools all around and a giant cauldron in the middle, which was moved by a complex mechanism. Molds on the side were stacked. There was also what it seemed to be training dummies but the yordle was using them to hold the armors or fix them on a humanoid form. She passed to the other side of the burning place to stop in front of a table where pieces of armor were scattered. She picks up a scroll and unfold it on the table. The plans were drawn with haste. But Galio could have a good idea of what all these parts would look like once all together.

{ Picked a random armor on google => http://www.worldofgothic.de/screenshots/cleaved_maiden/thPaladin_Plate_Armors.jpg (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/redirect.php?do=verify&redirect_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.worldofgothic.de%2Fscreenshots%2Fcleaved_maiden%2FthPaladin_Plate_Armors.jpg) }

The crest of Demacia was on the chestplate and by the colours of the parts on the tables, the armor was probably very shiny with a gold trim on the pauldrons. Blue clothing were hanging at the waist and under the chestplate.

''Much work into it. I will probably be done tomorrow at noon.'' She remarked.

Ask the String

03-03-2014

Quote:
P0PPY:
{I gladly take comments and criticism as it only helps me to improve. In that case, I want to simply give more depth than the bit of lore that she received years ago. No, Poppy is not all girly and not always the funniest, but I still believe she has her everyday like anyone and without being too open about it, she is still a girl. A dress in the summer is always more enjoyable, even more during very warm temperatures. }

''I offered, don't feel bad about accepting my invitation.''

Poppy then replaced the meat on the stove and continued to chop the tomatoes.

''Would you like something to drink maybe? The road must have been long. I have some freshly made juice. I picked it up at the market this morning. They grow their own fruits and vegetables then sell them fresh.''

She gets a pitcher full of red liquid and leaves it on the table. Anyone close enough could tell there was a mix of little berries in the juice. Inside, there was cranberries floating with mint leaves. The yordle finished to cut what was on the cutting board and then turned to face Sona.

''What brings you here?
I'd guess it wasn't just a simple walk for fresh air if you came all the way over here.''

She knew it could have been something very important about the league. She was a bit nervous but didn't let it get to her. She was calm and wearing half a smile. Poppy just turned around and told the Maven she was still listening. She placed the vegetables into a second pot which started to cook on the stove next to the piece of beef. the yordle then came back to the table with Sona while it was cooking.

Sona nodded, "Of course. It's just...I wouldn't want you to feel obligated to give me anything."

She took a seat at the table and watched Poppy cook. When Poppy offered for something to drink she replied with, "Tea or juice would be fine, if it's no trouble of course."

She smiled and set her Etwahl off to the side, "Well... I came across some free time in my schedule, and rather than spend all night writing another melody, I decided to do something different and visit one of my fellow Demacians. I do hope I'm not disturbing your night like this, but I was actually just hoping to have a lovely chat and get to know more about you, Poppy."

P0PPY

03-04-2014

Quote:
Ask the String:
Sona nodded, "Of course. It's just...I wouldn't want you to feel obligated to give me anything."

She took a seat at the table and watched Poppy cook. When Poppy offered for something to drink she replied with, "Tea or juice would be fine, if it's no trouble of course."

She smiled and set her Etwahl off to the side, "Well... I came across some free time in my schedule, and rather than spend all night writing another melody, I decided to do something different and visit one of my fellow Demacians. I do hope I'm not disturbing your night like this, but I was actually just hoping to have a lovely chat and get to know more about you, Poppy."

''Free time? Ooooh! Hahaha... You really make me happy there. For a moment I though you could have been an envoy from Demacia.''

The yordle shivers and let her arm loose on the sides.

'' Lot of pressure from everyone. It is not always easy. It is as if I knew everyone coming to see were to ask something to do. Task or anything. This is why I returned to Bandle city instead of Demacia. I slowly begin to feel better. See, I even started to cook!''

She stands back up to go check on what was cooking. Everything looked so good that she picked a wooden spoon and tasted on the tip of her lips the broth.

''And I am getting good!''

She giggled and placed the spoon in the sink. Remembering Sona had asked for tea, Poppy picks up a few leaves of mint and place a kettle on the oven. She makes a little bag of fabric and ties it up with the mint leaves inside. Before tying the knot, she adds a mixture of her own. It was made of dried plants who had been soaked into honey to give a sweet taste to it.

''Your words are as tenders as the ones I suppose a mother would have. We can chat anytime you want. Is there anything you wanted to know about me in particular? Oh and your tea should be ready soon.''