Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Ask Poppy, The Iron Ambassador

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Fortune

Senior Member

09-24-2014

This wouldn't deter Sarah. In fact, it would only encourage her. She grinned wide.

"Oh dear~." She cooed, shaking her head. "Wow, you two should just have at it already, if there's that much pent up tension between you two~."

Sarah could barely keep from laughing as she choked down the Demacian drink. This was awesome!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TwoWeirdYordles

Senior Member

09-24-2014

Quote:
P0PPY:
She nods and picks up three glasses from her cupboard. She lets them know they could sit at her table and continues to fill the glasses with fresh water from her fridge. She carries two of them to the two guests then comes back with her own afterward.

"So, how many shields would you need exactly? depending on your order I will see to make a good price. When I usually charge about 25 golds for a steel shield, comparing size and material, I would say 35 for one shield. I would make a good deal if you order many."

Rumble answer was not satisfying for the smitty but she would get back to him once she had settle this first business.


((I was waiting for rumble... but...))

He recives his glass of water and replies while looking at the place.

"Well, not everyone in my "company" is big as me... so, i guess that 4 Jousting shields of 35 golds and 8 "normal" (for yordle standarts) sized ones would be nice to start"

The yordle drinks his glass of water before continuing.

"... However, If the jousts become successful, i might buy more shields, armors and lances"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

P0PPY

Senior Member

09-24-2014

Quote:
Ask Fortune:
This wouldn't deter Sarah. In fact, it would only encourage her. She grinned wide.

"Oh dear~." She cooed, shaking her head. "Wow, you two should just have at it already, if there's that much pent up tension between you two~."

Sarah could barely keep from laughing as she choked down the Demacian drink. This was awesome!


"No tension needs to be released. We enjoy our tension as it is. I would rather be with Veigar than with Rumble!"

She shushes quickly as she notices that came out louder than intended. She looks at her glass and lets her head fall on the counter. Rumble was a good friend and asking if she had any other feeling was simply confusing. She had no idea what love would feel like and the name of Veigar had come totally out of the blue. Mentioning his name even felt weird. Why him out of anyone? Beside the field of justice, she never heard much from him. She remembers when she was young, being taken away when she wanted to play with the magician. His tricks were always making her watch in awe.

To this day, she had no idea what would turn him in the master of evil he is now. She lets her chin posed on the counter and sighs.


''Sarah. Is love really needed? It sounds more like a bother than anything else...''

Quote:
TwoWeirdYordles:
((I was waiting for rumble... but...))

He receives his glass of water and replies while looking at the place.

"Well, not everyone in my "company" is big as me... so, i guess that 4 Jousting shields of 35 golds and 8 "normal" (for yordle standards) sized ones would be nice to start"

The yordle drinks his glass of water before continuing.

"... However, If the jousts become successful, i might buy more shields, armors and lances"


"Sounds good to me."

Being a small community, yordles were known to help each other and Poppy didn't miss this occasion to fill in with the help of another yordle friend.

"Also, if you require paintings or decoration on the shields, you could always ask the artist of the village. I would make sure she makes you a discount for that. I know those usually has the family emblem so it could be a nice plus for the advertisement of your company."


She refills his cup with more water and does the same for herself. She would then offer Rumble a refill even if his cup still had some.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rumble n Tristy

Senior Member

09-24-2014

((lol oops, I was waiting for you ;~.~ )

"Heh. Hear that Poppy? You might well supply your very own cavalry regiment." Rumble says with sardonic grin. He sips back some of the water and sits on one of her bar stools, glancing around at nothing in particular while he waits for the Don Quixote and the blacksmith to work out their barter.

He shakes his head in dismissal to the refill, still having half a glass left.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Garen

Senior Member

09-25-2014

Quote:
P0PPY:
The inch of heels on her boots could be heard on the wooden floor inside. After a little moment, the door opens without a sound and Poppy is standing in the frame.

''Ohey! Boy, you made a long route to come here, Come in come in, I never though you would have time to visit me!''

The yordle had never forgotten that Garen and her were to meet out of the field and business since a while now. The little they were together always kept them distant anyway. She had a lot of respect for the membes of the Crownguard family and especially Garen for caring so much after Poppy in times of need.


"Would you like something to drink? What brings you here?"
She was a bit nervous as it was unusual to see him going personally out for any kind of matter and his visit might have been something very serious.


Garen would enter as Poppy invites him in, and took a short glance to his surroundings before shaking his head, "I am fine, Poppy. Thank you," he said, before smiling faintly. "I came to visit, like in that letter you sent me from long ago."

((Short post is short.))


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TwoWeirdYordles

Senior Member

09-25-2014

Quote:
P0PPY:

"Sounds good to me."

Being a small community, yordles were known to help each other and Poppy didn't miss this occasion to fill in with the help of another yordle friend.

"Also, if you require paintings or decoration on the shields, you could always ask the artist of the village. I would make sure she makes you a discount for that. I know those usually has the family emblem so it could be a nice plus for the advertisement of your company."


She refills his cup with more water and does the same for herself. She would then offer Rumble a refill even if his cup still had some.


Quote:
Rumble n Tristy:
((lol oops, I was waiting for you ;~.~ )

"Heh. Hear that Poppy? You might well supply your very own cavalry regiment." Rumble says with sardonic grin. He sips back some of the water and sits on one of her bar stools, glancing around at nothing in particular while he waits for the Don Quixote and the blacksmith to work out their barter.

He shakes his head in dismissal to the refill, still having half a glass left.


The yordle laughed slightly with the joke of Rumble

"Haha, i dont think that Bandle needs a "cavalry regiment", after all, we have the megling commandos and the scouts of the mothership..."

Then, he drank more water while thinking about the shields and decorations.

"... Umm... i never thought about it... I guess that it might be a good idea... but i have to talk with the rest of Jousters and the Equine Society"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Fortune

Senior Member

09-26-2014

Quote:
P0PPY:
"No tension needs to be released. We enjoy our tension as it is. I would rather be with Veigar than with Rumble!"

She shushes quickly as she notices that came out louder than intended. She looks at her glass and lets her head fall on the counter. Rumble was a good friend and asking if she had any other feeling was simply confusing. She had no idea what love would feel like and the name of Veigar had come totally out of the blue. Mentioning his name even felt weird. Why him out of anyone? Beside the field of justice, she never heard much from him. She remembers when she was young, being taken away when she wanted to play with the magician. His tricks were always making her watch in awe.

To this day, she had no idea what would turn him in the master of evil he is now. She lets her chin posed on the counter and sighs.


''Sarah. Is love really needed? It sounds more like a bother than anything else...''

Poppy's face was on the table, and Sarah was subtly dancing in her seat, thoroughly enjoying how this was going.

"Ah, it's not necessary." Sarah replied. "I live just fine without it. But the weaker people seem to depend on it. And Rumble seems to be quite weak indeed~."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

P0PPY

Senior Member

09-26-2014

Quote:
Ask Garen:
Garen would enter as Poppy invites him in, and took a short glance to his surroundings before shaking his head, "I am fine, Poppy. Thank you," he said, before smiling faintly. "I came to visit, like in that letter you sent me from long ago."

((Short post is short.))


''To visit? Without warning? It's unlike you Garen. Is there something on your mind? I mean, you did travel all the way to Bandle City on your own and without any other motive so I guess it is not just a simple curtesy to pass by.''

She was curious to the reason why he was ther but also filled with concerns. She hoped nothing wong had happened. Was it because of Lux? She knew Garen's sister used to get in a lot of troubles but what would it be this time? She serves herself some water and sips her cup before sitting at her table. The chairs were large enough for Garen if he wanted to sit. Her father made them and he was taller and larger than the average yordle. Years as blacksmith really worked his body.

Poppy shakes her head and return her attention to Garen, away from the memories.



Quote:
Rumble n Tristy:

"Heh. Hear that Poppy? You might well supply your very own cavalry regiment." Rumble says with sardonic grin. He sips back some of the water and sits on one of her bar stools, glancing around at nothing in particular while he waits for the Don Quixote and the blacksmith to work out their barter.

He shakes his head in dismissal to the refill, still having half a glass left.

Quote:
TwoWeirdYordles:
The yordle laughed slightly with the joke of Rumble

"Haha, i dont think that Bandle needs a "cavalry regiment", after all, we have the megling commandos and the scouts of the mothership..."

Then, he drank more water while thinking about the shields and decorations.

"... Umm... i never thought about it... I guess that it might be a good idea... but i have to talk with the rest of Jousters and the Equine Society"


She raises an eyebrow to Rumbles comment then back at the other yordle.

"We can always aggree on a price later on. I don't mind making them and we seal the deal once you will have spoke to the rsst of the cavalry."

She had nothing to lose. Even if he was not taking the deal with the arts, they had already agreed on a regular price so it wouldn't be too bad to revert to the precedent offer. Always prepared, the smitty was already thinking how much metal and wood she would need for the whole order. She had her refill on supplies arriving in two days so she could start while she order another batch. Her attention was still at the taller yordle.

Quote:
Ask Fortune:
Poppy's face was on the table, and Sarah was subtly dancing in her seat, thoroughly enjoying how this was going.

"Ah, it's not necessary." Sarah replied. "I live just fine without it. But the weaker people seem to depend on it. And Rumble seems to be quite weak indeed~."


"Then you must understand that while I may be strong for two, maybe Tristana is the one Rumble needs because I don't want to be with him." She replies, looking up at the pirate hunter.

"I cannot allow myself to take care of someone weak just because I am strong. I need someone strong to help me become stronger. This is what my mom told me..."She pinches her own lips together and shakes her head.

"I mean, that is how she explained what love is. Both partner must help each other. If one of the party is weak, then he...or she... must seek someone their strength. Or else it's dragged only one way... no?"

Truth is, Poppy's loneliness had worked a lot on her. Her head was continually running to find how she could ever fill this emptiness in her heart. Since she had lost her father, she had no one else. Her mother had died years before and she had only herself to count on. Yes she had friends. She had Demacia and the Crownguard family to count like hers... but it was simply not the same. For her, not just anyone would do and this person would need to worth it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Fortune

Senior Member

09-29-2014

Quote:
P0PPY:
"Then you must understand that while I may be strong for two, maybe Tristana is the one Rumble needs because I don't want to be with him." She replies, looking up at the pirate hunter.

"I cannot allow myself to take care of someone weak just because I am strong. I need someone strong to help me become stronger. This is what my mom told me..."She pinches her own lips together and shakes her head.

"I mean, that is how she explained what love is. Both partner must help each other. If one of the party is weak, then he...or she... must seek someone their strength. Or else it's dragged only one way... no?"

Truth is, Poppy's loneliness had worked a lot on her. Her head was continually running to find how she could ever fill this emptiness in her heart. Since she had lost her father, she had no one else. Her mother had died years before and she had only herself to count on. Yes she had friends. She had Demacia and the Crownguard family to count like hers... but it was simply not the same. For her, not just anyone would do and this person would need to worth it.

"Dare I say, that's almost a Noxian mindset, girl." Sarah said, brow raised. "A relationship is not a duel, girl, the two don't have to be evenly matched for it to work. Look at the overly confident Ezreal and the emotionally damaged Lux..." Sarah grinned. "...or look at Caitlyn and Vi~."

Sarah breathed an internal sigh of relief as she managed to kill off this foul, watery beverage that Demacians claimed was alcohol.

"It's cool if you want to give Rumble to Tristana, that sure is being the... uh..." Sarah sure painted herself into a corner with this train of thought. "...bigger girl..." She rubbed her brow, wishing she had stopped talking with the Caitlyn and Vi joke. "...but don't pass him up because of your weird strength theory. It's nonsense, girl."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

P0PPY

Senior Member

10-05-2014

OY OY!

The forum will close tomorrow so I guess there is no point to continue here. I suggest everyone who rp with me to follow me on the new board. http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/roleplaying/KfjANa0A-ask-poppy-the-iron-ambassador

I will answer MF tomorrow (or should I say, during the day today.)

Old forum, you will be missed~