Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Swain Chain Combo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SwatNigglet

01-05-2011

I know most people will combo like

Nevermore -> Torment -> Decrepify

I believe this combo relies too much on the opponent getting caught in nevermore, which is a hard to land snare as it is very easy to avoid. I don't see how this combo is good unless you are pubstomping.

Another combo I commonly see is

Torment -> Nevermore -> Decrepify (Nevermore and decrepify are interchangeable.

While this combo maximize damage, Decrepify has less range then torment, and again, Nevermore is too easy to dodge.

I think the best combo is

Decrepify -> Nevermore -> Torment (nevermore after torment if they are within ranged)

Why is this? Because when you decrepify them, they will run away from it, allowing your nevermore to be easier to land as you know exactly where they are going. WHile you lose the bonus damage from torment, you can still auto attack or Deathfire grasp/Ignite.

What are your opinions on this?

DoctorFgt

01-05-2011

swain is easy to play

SwatNigglet

01-05-2011

please explain why you think so

Ñightmares

01-05-2011

use the appropriate combo where you see fit

derp

AngelNexx

01-05-2011

swain is ment for damage by lowering damage to insure hits you defeat the purpose of him. with that combo you would need cool down so you can do maximum damage so you can get the kill.

PineappleThis

01-05-2011

While thats true, nevermore has a bigger range so it allows you to catch them. It's too obvious that you are running up to lazer bird them when you have to charge at them. Thats pretty much the reason it's never more-decrep-torment. It's about the range.

Nightdancer ND

01-06-2011

That's the main problem I have with Swain.
He is pretty dependant on the stupidness of the enemy. You can say what you want to. That you never have a problem while playing Swain to rule with him. That is so naive. You have to admit that, that you already encountered people you couldn't have catched with your Nevermore. So, you have also to admit that those people were good. => People you could catch = bad. => Swain relys on the opponent to be bad.

Redenbacher

01-06-2011

Quote:
Nightdancer ND:
That's the main problem I have with Swain.
He is pretty dependant on the stupidness of the enemy. You can say what you want to. That you never have a problem while playing Swain to rule with him. That is so naive. You have to admit that, that you already encountered people you couldn't have catched with your Nevermore. So, you have also to admit that those people were good. => People you could catch = bad. => Swain relys on the opponent to be bad.

Couldn't you say that about any skill shot champion?

After all, once your ELO is high enough, no one dies, skill shots never miss, and everyone dodges skill shots because its so easy.

Being good with Swain entails creating a situation where the enemy has little or no choice BUT to walk in to Nevermove.

Oh, and it's NeverMOVE

Nightdancer ND

01-06-2011

Quote:
Redenbacher:
Couldn't you say that about any skill shot champion?

To Kennen for example, it doesn't matter, if you hit with your Q or not.
To Swain, it is vital to hit with a full combo.

Gunflame

01-06-2011

You guys say it as if it was impossible... just get in range and shoot lazer bird. Or create a situation where he either runs into nevermore or get lazer+torment on his ass.

I mean Anivia, Morgana, Vladimir, Veigar and a few others are considered top casters, and they still require you to predict movement of your enemy.