Alistar build help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WILL SMlTH

01-05-2011

any someone give me some tips on Alistar build? items?

Sumutherguy

01-05-2011

I have written a guide here, should you choose to look at it: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=357365

Mezmrick

01-05-2011

CDR is very nice on Ali, a but if mana and plenty of Ar,Mr,and Health. His big on position so maneuverability is awesome.

Im changing things up with the addition of the CDR boots but I was running with Sheen, Boots, Spirit Visage, and Glacial Shroud.

Marks Arpen, Seals Ar, Glyphs Mr, Quints speed or armpen
0/9/21 or 0/6/24

Wisewind

01-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezmrick View Post
CDR is very nice on Ali, a but if mana and plenty of Ar,Mr,and Health. His big on position so maneuverability is awesome.

Im changing things up with the addition of the CDR boots but I was running with Sheen, Boots, Spirit Visage, and Glacial Shroud.

Marks Arpen, Seals Ar, Glyphs Mr, Quints speed or armpen
0/9/21 or 0/6/24
This

I would bypass sheen though but all those other choices are good items on him.

I also suggest Randuin's as another solid item choice on him, enhances his initiation ability with active.

PineapplePine

01-06-2011

You literally have two choices when playing Alistar and its only two choices.

A - Grab Movement Quints + Movement in Utility
B - Grab Zeal/Trinity Force/Phantom Dancer, whichever you like -> Most likely Trinity/Zeal

He is literally the slowest tank ever with his movement animation. There might be a tank with as slow movement speed as him but at least their walking animation is faster. Or that tank isn't a full tank but a mage tank or something.

Summoner Spells: FLASH + GHOST (replace one with Teleport if you like pushing; replace both with Revive and Teleport if you love pushing)

For your information, Alistar is a tower killer so if you want to build him for fun you can throw a bit of AS on him and he's good to go. Tank/AS build but it wouldn't require much AS items to be honest. Trinity Force puts him in a decent position in terms of AS already, so you'll only need to grab another AS item.

Wisewind

01-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PineapplePine View Post
You literally have two choices when playing Alistar and its only two choices.

A - Grab Movement Quints + Movement in Utility
B - Grab Zeal/Trinity Force/Phantom Dancer, whichever you like -> Most likely Trinity/Zeal

He is literally the slowest tank ever with his movement animation. There might be a tank with as slow movement speed as him but at least their walking animation is faster. Or that tank isn't a full tank but a mage tank or something.

Summoner Spells: FLASH + GHOST (replace one with Teleport if you like pushing; replace both with Revive and Teleport if you love pushing)

For your information, Alistar is a tower killer so if you want to build him for fun you can throw a bit of AS on him and he's good to go. Tank/AS build but it wouldn't require much AS items to be honest. Trinity Force puts him in a decent position in terms of AS already, so you'll only need to grab another AS item.
Ill run Nashor's, Zerk boots, TF, and Atma's with AS runes and masteries for tower demolisher. Also he farms extremely well with this build.

Mezmrick

01-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisewind View Post
This

I would bypass sheen though but all those other choices are good items on him.

I also suggest Randuin's as another solid item choice on him, enhances his initiation ability with active.
Sheen provides some great early game staying power. Doubles his mana, AP benefits his regain in health(very nice since the health on lvl change) And Procs are great for farming and pushing.

Wisewind

01-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezmrick View Post
Sheen provides some great early game staying power. Doubles his mana, AP benefits his regain in health(very nice since the health on lvl change) And Procs are great for farming and pushing.
If you want staying power get chalice with mp/5 runes he will never run out, for the money sheen does little for him and becomes relatively useless mid-late game. Yes it is a nice item early but I would rather invest in Glacial Shroud asap then getting sheen.

Mezmrick

01-06-2011

Quote:
If you want staying power get chalice with mp/5 runes he will never run out, for the money sheen does little for him and becomes relatively useless mid-late game. Yes it is a nice item early but I would rather invest in Glacial Shroud asap then getting sheen.
I used to not be a fan of TF on him lategame, but I grew on me. Kept me a threat and power house. On top of full CDR of course. And the edition of the new boots really frees up build potential.

Sumutherguy

01-07-2011

Quote:
Sheen is absolutely essential for Alistar when he's fighting in lane, adding about 57% increased damage over the course of his combo at level 5. When playing Alistar, his strength only halfway lies in his ability to tank. Equally important is the ease with which he can feed a dps lane partner kill after kill in the first ten minutes of the game, and Sheen is vital to such. It is also excellent later in the game for boosting up damage when one would otherwise be entirely ignored, as pure tank Alistars often are.