Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

(Champion Concept) Dread - The thing under the Bed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TeraGaze

03-06-2014

Bump.

TeraGaze

03-07-2014

Note: About to add in quotes and other minor things likes this. Just finishing them up.

TeraGaze

03-09-2014

Bump

TeraGaze

03-10-2014

Just finished the quotes still looking for an idea on one more taunt and two jokes, Ideaters gets credit.

- Jimmie

Rubitonabuilding

03-10-2014

So basically a super-op nocturne lol. Sounds fun to play.

TeraGaze

03-10-2014

Updated Abilitys

TeraGaze

03-11-2014

Bump.

Varkarrus

03-11-2014

Okay, time for a review.

Lore and Appearance-wise, this character seems kinda, well, a less interesting version of Nocturne. I do like his taunt, it made me laugh.

Passive: Seems fine. Fearing for 0.5 seconds? Not that big a CC, but it might need to much stacks. I'd personally make it 6 stacks at all levels, especially with the fact that his abilities aren't that spammable.

Q: There are a lot of things wrong with this and mostly it's the way there's effects dependent on other champs. No following Talon and Darius bleeds, and no giving champs immunity to this effect, that's poor balance. Heck, it'd probably also be too much work just to give some champs different colored blood.

You also didn't include how much it increases his movespeed by, and it also does too much damage at level 1. 90 damage is pushing it already, but it becomes ~115 after adding half of his AD. Most moves cap out at 80 damage at level 1, with Annie's Q being the only move off the top of my head that exceeds it.

W: I feel like the active can have more of an effect, to give the player more incentive to use it. Otherwise, they'd only really level it for the passive. Having vision reduced really isn't that much of a problem, but what about buffing Dread's movespeed towards the target? Usually, moves with a passive and an active component synergize well, so another option would be it consumes stacks of hallucination to deal an additional effect.

W Passive, you need to elaborate. With 4 stacks, stacking 3 times, does that mean it totals 12 seconds? Or does it deal 72 damage per second at 4 stacks, for 4 seconds? Either way, it's waay too much. Look at twitch's passive (http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Twitch), and keep in mind that that's true damage.

E: Unlike his Q, this does way too little damage. Yasuo's Steel Tempest, at level 1 deals 20 damage + 100% his AD, which would equal 70 at level 1 rank 1. His ability would deal between 45 to 65, and has a longer cooldown. Bump up the base damage at rank 1 to 50-70 (so as to equal 65-85 damage when factoring in AD), and make the flat damage scale up waaay more since he only get 30% AD bonus from it. I'd also make the minimum and maximum scale at different speeds, because otherwise the difference between min and max range would be negligible at higher levels.

R: This seems a lot like TF's ult, but with clones as well. I think actually the 75% damage reduction might be too much, because otherwise it'd be too good as an escape. Line of sight is shared amongst the team, so the allies need to see what you see. This attack is a bit overall too powerful right now, I'd tune it down a bit, maybe remove the damage and give it only limited (albeit huge) range, 3 second charge time or not.

PlusAmerica

03-11-2014

Dude I know that feel. My champion, howver, is very similar in some respects and hasn't been getting a lot of feedback (except when I ask those reviews to, well, review them), so if you could look at him that would be just grand.

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=4338988

btw: nice champion Where'd you get the art for the abilities?

TeraGaze

03-12-2014

Alright thank you Varkarrus, I appreciate the review ^_^

Q

I do agree with you and took out the different faction immunity. The colors i kept because of a personal vendetta haha.

W

Think of a close range Teemo, this is why i added this, the damage itself does not stack the whole hallucinate only affects the ulti.

E

Fixed damage and made it more damaging.

R

I like where it is at the moment i will continue to look over it.