Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

(Champion Concept) Dread - The thing under the Bed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Glorifen

03-03-2014

I thought this champion idea was the bees knees ^^

The only thing I think could use balancing is his passive. It's almost equal to a lvl 1 sunfire, but it costs nothing, so Dread would be the bane of all melee champions. For a passive, I think the damage shouldn't be nearly as high.
His ultimate sounds ridiculously cool. I'm just imagining my support or marksman turning into a copy of Dread. Awesome.
Also, with his Q, why would there be a delay? Is it dodgeable? Can it be interrupted by Zhonya's? Or is it just the fear factor of knowing you're about to bleed for tons of damage? Is it targeted or an AoE?

Hope this helps! Cheers!

SeanBigSean

03-03-2014

his q is varus' ult...

LOSTxLEADER

03-03-2014

The ideas of more creatures like nocturne is great...but thresh clearly states that he is the thing under the bed

JellyJackJak22

03-03-2014

Quote:
TeraGaze:
Hello, do you mind telling me what aspect of it is "Unfair' just so i can try to adjust it and what not. Thank you.

Also artists if you think you can put an image to my spells that would be fantastic . Thank you

- Jimmie

i think the guy meant that its a little unfair because the Passive dose alot of damage that you don't even need to use a Basic Attack, this Passive combined with Basic Attacks that have so much Attack Damage would deal to much damage for anyone to get close to you. at least that what i think he meant.

TeraGaze

03-04-2014

Quote:
Glorifen:
I thought this champion idea was the bees knees ^^

The only thing I think could use balancing is his passive. It's almost equal to a lvl 1 sunfire, but it costs nothing, so Dread would be the bane of all melee champions. For a passive, I think the damage shouldn't be nearly as high.
His ultimate sounds ridiculously cool. I'm just imagining my support or marksman turning into a copy of Dread. Awesome.
Also, with his Q, why would there be a delay? Is it dodgeable? Can it be interrupted by Zhonya's? Or is it just the fear factor of knowing you're about to bleed for tons of damage? Is it targeted or an AoE?

Hope this helps! Cheers!

Thank you very much

The Q I wanted the delay because i just want the terror factor in this champ, it is not dodgeable (Except for all the invulnerable Moves)also i wanted to give some counter play with those moves.

Also sub-note: I Changed the numbers in the passive to account for sunfire cape and in creased the range very slightly to compensate.

TeraGaze

03-05-2014

Quote:
LOSTxLEADER:
The ideas of more creatures like nocturne is great...but thresh clearly states that he is the thing under the bed

I think Thresh is just refrencing Dread XD jk. I think he is just being scary.

Narasimha

03-05-2014

Alright, from the top!
Passive - Immense Fear
Dread’s presence is so heavy and blighted that it makes even the strongest of wills shatter at a whim. When enemy champions are near Dread they are damaged each second and given a stack every time they are damaged by this, Furthermore if the stack counter reaches 8 they are Feared. (This damage must do a minimum of 8 damage)
Thats kind of fun, definetly unique. On the other hand, its also too strong at early levels. Theres no real counterplay either, short of just staying away from him. It makes dueling him a no-go option. I'd revise it slightly, to make it gain stacks on either basic attacks or abilities. To offset this, you could reduce the number of stacks needed, I'm thinking 6 would work.

Quote:
Q – Tendrils of Corrupion

Dread marks target enemy champion after delay tendrils of shadow skewer the target enemy dealing damage and causing them to bleed leaving a trail of blood. If Dread follow this trail of blood (Green for Zac and void colors for the void affected factions) his movement speed is increased (He can gain movement speed of Talons and Darius’s bleed as well.

Not really unique, but not bad for what it does. I'd scale back the AP ratio, 100% is not only rare these days but its generally considered op.

Quote:
W – Ominous Feeling

Passive – Dreads claws are laced with hullocinetic substance tiring the enemy. His auto attacks slow the enemy slightly stacking three times.
Active - Dread senses when you are scared, and uses this to his advantage. Upon activation dread will limit your field of vision (like graves smoke screen) for 4 seconds.

Passive needs to be changed entirely. Riot is completely cutting out natural permaslows. Yup, Shaco is next. Anyway, I'd change it to something more fun like 'Each consecutive autoattack on the same target does increasing damage, stacking up to three times. Stacks are reset when switching targets." The active is pretty fun, I'd reduce the duration by atleast half though. 4 seconds of no vision? Considering its not removed by tenacity or anything else really, slightly unfair.

Quote:
E – Impale

Dread morphs his arm into a thin needle like spike and impales any unit in a line in front of him dealing damage when it enters and when it exits. The farther you are to him the more damage it does.

The base damage could use a bit of boost. You'd also have to place some windup time in there. Especially against ranged champions, its unfair to do more damage to them just for doing their job and keeping out of distance.

Quote:
R – Fade Away

(Note: Global Eerie laugh is heard)

Dread reveals all enemies on the map (Only he can see them) he cannot attack or cast spells but takes 75% reduced damage and slowly fades away over 3 seconds, this cannot be interrupted. Upon activation again within 3 seconds after he fades away he will solidify in front of an enemy champion dealing damage and causing them to be afflicted by Hallucinate for 4 seconds. (Note: I kind of want this to look like he is standing still then the wind like drifts him away. Spooky too.)
(Note: Hallucinate is a new form of the fear icon. It is the Fear face with a green background to it. This causes every champion but the targeted champion's Charecter Model and map icon to changed to Dread’s. Target champion can attack any of these but if they are allies they do no damage. This also disables chat and health bars apart from their own words or health bar for 4 seconds)

Super unique, but also... super super tricky. I'm pretty sure disabling chat is a no go, thats entirely overpowered in itself. I mean, you can't disable a person's ability to TALK. Actually, the whole Hallucinate effect is pretty messy. Not bad, just... messy. I'd tweak the effects a bit. Keep the first part the same, but change the latter. After he selects the target enemy champion, he appears in front of them to do damage and clones of him appear around other enemy champions. These clones don't do the initial damage burst, do only 25% of Dread's damage, and take 50% more damage. This would really freak the enemy team out as they try and find out which one the real Dread is. But again, thats just me.

The lore is not bad, could use some fleshing out though. Heres a teaser I thought up for the hell of it "Nocturne may be your nightmares, but I am the one who dreamed him ." - Dread.

TeraGaze

03-05-2014

Thank you Narasimha, Sincerely i mean this.

- Jimmie

Okay, now revisions i wanted to discuss with you before i finalize them.

Passive - Immense Fear
(Idea 1)
- Remove damage
- Every 5 seconds you gain an Dread Stack
- Dread stacks last 10 seconds.
- Upon reaching 3 Dread Stacks you are feared for a larger duration fear.
- While Dread is around a feared target he gains increased damage for a few seconds.

(Idea 2)
- Remove damage
- You gain a stack standing within range of Dread
- Keep stacks needed at 8
- Upon reaching 8 you are feared and slightly damaged

Q - Tendrils of Corruption

Change Ap. ration to 80% or 75%

W - Ominous Feeling

(Unfortunately this is true)
(Open to ideas)
Dreads AA's damage the enemy and ads a stack of the passive
Reduce duration of vision deduction 3 seconds.

E - Impale

Slight wind up time of .3 seconds taking a total of 1.3 seconds to reach the end of the distance.

R - Fade Away

- Does not disable chat but disables pings?
- dread will reform at either one of three locations around target (In front Diagonal from behind Right or Diagonal from behind to the left)
- Two other clones and allies change into clones of dread.

Thoughts here anyone?
P.S I'm going to use that quote and i will give you credit.

- Jimmie

TeraGaze

03-05-2014

Bump.

TeraGaze

03-06-2014

Note: Updated thumbnails to spells.