Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

(Champion Concept) Dread - The thing under the Bed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TeraGaze

02-27-2014

(Artist Manzanedo DevintArt Link at bottom)

If you want this read to you die to laziness haha jk, My awesome friend Anna showcased it. Giver her some likes and subscribes;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CZGbq3VpiE

Dread – The Thing under the Bed

(TeraGaze - Jimmie)

Fighter/(Maybe)Jungler/Assassin
He has a full humanoid shape to his body but his legs are hard to see because the shroud of darkness.
His hands are mist and you can’t tell a full form of them but they definitely are sharp
He attacks with just his hands/claws

Lore

“It was not by chance you found, what you call Nocturne. In fact I was the one that killed the architect that housed Nocturne. See that architect had something important on him that is not just for anyone to know. Nocturne was chosen to be the one to return to the physical world and destroy this dig site that that architect set up. Rather unfortunate he got caught. Make no mistake we want Nocturne back!” *Long Pause* “Being inside this summner has served its purpose.”

This was a recording found next to the body of a summner, His eyes blood shot and he kept repeating the words “The fear is here” as more of us arrived to investigate he let out a curdling scream. “Stay Back! Oh god he is everywhere! What are you?” Moments later he reached for his eyes only to attempt to tear them out due to his distress. He was unresponsive. We had to restrain him and take him back to the institute medical bay. While we had him in captivity he seemed to become possessed one night and said, not in his own voice but in another. So dreadful was this voice, so heavy. We named whatever this is Dread and he left us with a final words before we became prisoners to our insanity. We don’t know who or what he is but he is here, inside the institute of war and likes to disrupt the fields of justice to the few unlucky summers. His chilling words in captivity were.
"Nocturne may be your nightmares, but I am the one who dreamed him ." - Dread

Stats
Health: 490 (+80)
Health Reg.: 6.5 (+.75)
Mana: 235 (+35)
Mana Reg.: 6.o (+.80)
Range: 130 (Melee)
Attack Damage: 55 (+ 3.5)
Attack speed: 0.670 (2.7%)
Armor: 18 (3.5)
Magic Resistance: 30 (1.30)
Movement Speed: 340

Ability’s

Passive - Immense Fear
Dread’s presence is so heavy and blighted that it makes even the strongest of wills shatter at a whim. When Dread damages an enemy by either Auto attacking or using a spell they gain a stack. Upon reaching X stacks they are feared for a duration.

Stacks Needed: 6
Stack Duration: 8 seconds
Fear Duration: .5 Second

Q – Tendrils of Corrupion
Dread marks target enemy champion after delay tendrils of shadow skewer the target enemy dealing damage and causing them to bleed leaving a trail of blood. If Dread follow this trail of blood (Green for Zac and void colors for the void affected factions) his movement speed is increased.

Cost: 80/85/90/95/100
CD: 10 seconds
Initial Damage: 60/100/140/180/220 (+ 75% AP)
Bleed Damage: 30/60/90/120/150 (50% Total AD) Over 4 seconds
Blood Trail Duration: 4 seconds

W – Ominous Feeling
Passive – Dreads claws are laced with hullocinetic substance tiring the enemy, Dealing damage and Marking the enemy with hallucination stacking two times.

Active - Dread senses when you are scared, and uses this to his advantage. Upon activation dread will limit your field of vision (like graves smoke screen) for 3 seconds.

Cost: 40/45/50/55/60
CD: 19/17/15/13/11 seconds
Damage: 12/18/24/30/36 (Per second for 4 seconds)(+ 10% AP)
Vision reduction to: 675 range

E – Impale
Dread morphs his arm into a thin needle like spike and impales any unit in a line in front of him dealing damage when it enters and when it exits. The closer you are to him the more damage it does.

Cost: 60/65/70/75/80
Wind-Up: .4 seconds (Total of 1.4 seconds to reach the end of the range)
CD: 7.5 seconds
Range: 750
Damage: 75/105/135/165/195 (50% Total AD)
This can be increased a maximum of 40% depending on the distance. (This is bonus is not given to the vs. minions)
(Note: the hit marker is wide at first but gets thinner at the end)

R – Fade Away
(Note: Global Eerie laugh is heard)

Dread reveals all enemies on the map (Only he can see them) he cannot attack or cast spells but takes 60% reduced damage and slowly fades away over 3 seconds, this cannot be interrupted. Upon activation again within 3 seconds after he fades away he will solidify at either one of three locations around target (In front Diagonal from behind Right or Diagonal from behind to the left) Clones of dread will fill the other locations. If they have any stacks of Hallucinate they will gain another clone.

(Note: I kind of want this to look like he is standing still then the wind like drifts him away. Spooky too.)

CD: 190/150/100 Seconds
Damage : 150/210/310 (60% Bonus AD) (45% AP)
Hallucinate Duration: 4 seconds
Reveal duration: 5 seconds
Range: 2200/3300/4400
Clones Duration: 6 seconds
(Clones take 100% more damage from champions and 150% more damage from towers and deal only 20% of the damage dread does to champions. These clones will solidify when dread does. Clones do not give passive stacks.)
(The circle in the bottom got cut off it says clone, if you where to tele in front.)
Quotes

Upon Selection
“Are you sure summner? *Eerie Laugh*”

Movement
“Are you frightened summner?”
“Believe only half of what you see and nothing that you hear.”
“The shadows betray you because they belong to me!”
“We all need to look into the dark side of our nature”
“It's not that life is so short, it's just that you’re dead for so long.”
“Sleep is overrated. It's like practicing death.”

Attacking
“You are mine!”
“Fade”
“Your integrity is fleeting”
“Bleed”
“*Sadistic Laugh*”
“You are nothing”
“Boo…”

Taunt
(Bed spawns and you see darkness flowing underneath it) “Come take a nap, I assure you it will be a long slumber” (While he says this a shadow claw punctures threw the center of the bed)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am honestly really excited to have finished this one, I am hopefully get art on this champion. I actually did a lore (I know im bad at it haha) but that's it and tell me what you think
- Jimmie
(Props to Narasimha for the detailed review and also for giving me the character quote)
(Ability images provided by The Hive Workshop)
(This art is not mine and is made by the Glorious Artist Manzanedo and here is a link to his DeviantArt page http://manzanedo.deviantart.com/ )
(Not my art, not sure whose it is google images.)
He is coming.

TeraGaze

02-27-2014

Bump.

spemarc15

02-27-2014

Your passive is a little too unfair dude.. otherwise really cool!

TeraGaze

02-28-2014

Bump.

TeraGaze

02-28-2014

Quote:
spemarc15:
Your passive is a little too unfair dude.. otherwise really cool!

Hello, do you mind telling me what aspect of it is "Unfair' just so i can try to adjust it and what not. Thank you.

Also artists if you think you can put an image to my spells that would be fantastic . Thank you

- Jimmie

TeraGaze

02-28-2014

Bump.

TeraGaze

03-01-2014

Bump

TeraGaze

03-02-2014

Bump.

TeraGaze

03-03-2014

Bump....

TeraGaze

03-03-2014

Bump