Attack Move

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Menion Lea

01-05-2011

Is there a specific reason that attack move still targets locks you onto a random target on your screen? I'm coming from wc3 and starcraft, both of which taught me that attack move was an excellent way to approach fights from a distance, especially when kiting. In LoL, however, attack move is worse than useless as it will get you killed since you can't predict what target you will attack and your champ will follow that random target to the ends of the earth.

Anyone other insights into this?

NotoriousPi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2011

In LoL, unless there is one specific target, I somewhat doubt that there is some sort of in-depth, prioritization of targets with attack move.

Attack move in LoL is mainly used when people are kiting away from chasers, but still want to do damage.

For those who don't know, attack move is "X" and then left click on your screen.

bnaM

01-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotoriousPi View Post
For those who don't know, attack move is "X" and then left click on your screen.
I thought I used "A"?

Menion Lea

01-05-2011

I think you misunderstand. I know what the attack move button is, I'm trying to figure out why it's so bad. You have no way to figure out ahead of time which target you will end up attacking, because it doesn't make you attack the closest target or even the closest champion. Instead it chooses a random enemy on screen and, if you don't give your champ a new command, will follow them until they loose sight.

Aengil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2011

I think he means Jax. Empower, jump at an enemy champion, attack a minion- what? Personally, I find that very annoying T.T

Mule50

01-05-2011

The only use for attack move that I have found is if someone is running into a brush and is trying to juke you, if you a-move into brush you will instantly lock on and attack them. It can be pretty helpful to make sure you get another red buff proc but besides that a-move is pretty worthless in my experience.

Be Calm Carry On

01-05-2011

Attack move is useful for defeating jukes and afk ward hunting with oracles.