Noobie Looking for Info

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Plazma7

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-04-2010

Hey everyone. I'm new to this game and I was looking for a little help. I have been playing LoL for a week I think and I really like it but I can't decide which champion I should choose. I've tried a lot of different kind of champions, Fighters, Tanks, Assassins, etc. I'm not really certain which kind I like better or which I do best with. I'm not 100% sure if I'm playing the champions right so that might be part of my problem.

I was looking towards tanks and fighters but in most other games I play I choose mages and I do well with them. Any suggestions to get me closer to choosing a champion would be really appreciated.

P.S. I wasn't sure what forum to put this in so I figured General was a good place to start.

EmissaryShadow

Recruiter

01-04-2010

Try a lot of champions because even the tanks play differently from each other.
This is a great thread for new people
and this is my contribution to it
Also check the guides section for information how to build champions. Not always great, but its a start.

Treefort

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2010

Just keep doing what you're doing, as you keep playing you'll just kinda start gravitating towards the champions you play well with.

I also like to browse through the Guides forum and read a couple of the guides about the champion I'm about to play before I play them, so I get some idea of how they're generally played.

Vichar

01-04-2010

Here's what I would do:

Pay attention during the games you play. You will notice that you are getting killed by certain strategies used by specific champions. The damage summary when you die is useful. Eventually, you will come to dread meeting certain champions during the starting splash screen.

Those are the champions you want to learn how to play. Why? Because after you play them, you'll begin to see their weaknesses as well as their strengths. You will learn how to counter them, and in the meantime, you will naturally learn which champions you have the most fun with. After all, would you ask someone else what your favorite color should be?