Do you lose more often when you are in a premade?

When I play in a preamde I win/lose about 50/50 seems balanced. 7 13.46%
When I'm in a premade I win 60% of the time or more, seems unfair in my favor! 6 11.54%
When I'm in a premade I lose 60% of the time or more, supporting Riot's data! 30 57.69%
My cat's breath smells like cat food. 9 17.31%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Do you lose more often when you queue with friends?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drakantus

01-04-2010

I have seen it repeated several times by riot employees that premade groups lose more often than they win, due to the elo inflating mechanics. However, my personal experience is that I win the vast majority of games when I queue with my friends (75%+ won), while I seem to win 40% of the time or less when I solo queue.

I'm just curious if it's just me, or if other players experience this discrepancy.

Also, to Riot: any chance of showing an indication of some kind on the loading screen when players queue together? Many of my solo queues losses "feel" like they are due to facing a premade of some sort, but you can't really tell for sure and most players lie if asked. It would be nice to have some indication.

taconight

01-04-2010

i've noticed when i get a 5man pre-made and we're on vent we win 75% of the time.

if 2 buddies ask me to form a group of 3 we lose 75% of the time.

same thing if its 1,2,3 of us as a pre-made pugging 1,2,3 from q.

if i solo q, its 50/50.

slaughter one team, get slaughtered the next game.

Gaeb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2010

2-4 PM for me definitely lose more than they win. Part of it's because people want to play with friends and slack off rather than taking winning seriously, testing new heroes etc... a little frustrating.

Larias

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

01-04-2010

On this account, I'm 18-9.

1 of my wins is from premaking.
6 of my losses are from premaking.

Vixen Fox

01-04-2010

If you queue with a ...
Premade 2 = you get put up against other premade 2s and solo queuers, decent shot at victory
Premade 3 = Play vs premade 5s, 95% chance of loss
Premade 4 = Play vs premade 5s, 75% chance of loss (you really have to hope for a good pugger)
Permade 5 = Play vs premade 5s, 50% chance of loss (depending on your skill)

TLR - Don't queue 3 or 4, ever.

Teldara

01-04-2010

When you group with friends you may have a higher chance to lose because you goof off and have fun.

Razerwind

01-04-2010

When I was level 10-23ish I used to lose all the time when I queued with friends, but now at 28 I win at least 60% of the time. Solo Q lose about 50% of the time.

Evilpigeon

Adjudicator

01-04-2010

I think I lose about as often as I win when I premade, but it's much more fun than solo queing and I tend to play against a higher calibre of player, a double bonus

Nihili

01-04-2010

Quote:
i've noticed when i get a 5man pre-made and we're on vent we win 75% of the time.

if 2 buddies ask me to form a group of 3 we lose 75% of the time.
I feel the same. I believe it is because many players when in small pre-mades communicate only with their friends, not caring much for the rest of the team. For example they call MIAs on vent but are too lazy to do it in-game. Also, when two or three people are coordinating in 5v5 teamfight, they sometimes forget that there are other players in their team who can't hear them, leading to astronomical fails.

At lest that's what it feels like for me.

Xeatoa

01-04-2010

I have a group of about 20 friends, who when the premade is made up entirely of them we win almost every time.

I lose miserably when I premade with other people usually, for some reason