Mastery Tree and Consumables Rant

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MajinCilos

01-03-2010

I remember in Beta when there used to be 3 pages for runes and now there's two. Why isn't there an option like this for the mastery tree? If you use mostly one character then one tree is fine, but if you're playing two characters off and on, you should have two rune pages and two mastery trees setup.
Riot, you can even make it where you need to spend points to unlock a second useable mastery tree.

My next issue is with consumables in games. In DotA, players were limited to using just item slots for everything, because this is the way the game was made and there was no changing it. In League of Legends, you are the creators of the game, and you can pretty much do whatever you want.
I believe there should be a seperate area to hold consumable items on your character. Having six items towards the end of the game is normal for me. This gives me no room to use potions or elixirs without having to sacrifice a 1000 gold+ item for a spot (which I would never do).
Riot, please unclude more spots for just consumable items, even if it's just two or four spots.

HappyBday

Banned

01-03-2010

good idea. you must be a mexican.

Zsteven44

01-03-2010

Spending points to unlock additional rune pages and mastery set ups is a good idea.
I'm surprised nothing has been done about the consumables dilemma.
This isn't wc3 anymore so I don't see why Riot insists on imaginary boundaries.

Etherin

01-03-2010

You can change your mastery tree while at the character select countdown.. it's not that difficult to quickly move some points around based on physical/caster, tank/support, etc/etc.

I agree it would be nice to have another premade one, but it's not necessary.

Lumifly

01-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsteven44 View Post
Spending points to unlock additional rune pages and mastery set ups is a good idea.
No its not, and not because it isn't a good idea to have more/unlimited pages or named saves for setups.

It's spending points for basic functionality that irks me. Fighting with the interface of a game should not be part of the experience, and a company potentially making money off of intentionally crippling the interface is horrible and awful to think that so many people are ok with this.

It is simple as hell to simply let users save loadouts and have a list of their saves to select from, view, and edit. This is basic functionality that should exist for no price.

MegaZero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumifly View Post
No its not, and not because it isn't a good idea to have more/unlimited pages or named saves for setups.

It's spending points for basic functionality that irks me. Fighting with the interface of a game should not be part of the experience, and a company potentially making money off of intentionally crippling the interface is horrible and awful to think that so many people are ok with this.

It is simple as hell to simply let users save loadouts and have a list of their saves to select from, view, and edit. This is basic functionality that should exist for no price.
Actually, I bet they would make money off people like you because it drives you insane that you have to re-set up your runes and masteries. Sooo in a business prospective, it is a great idea.

1337SuperNewb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-03-2010

I direct your attention here:

http://leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=41812

Gaeb

01-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaZero View Post
Actually, I bet they would make money off people like you because it drives you insane that you have to re-set up your runes and masteries. Sooo in a business prospective, it is a great idea.
Yep. I'd throw them a few bucks to save myself the time of resetting my masteries and runes.

MajinCilos

01-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337SuperNewb View Post

Ah yes:
"More mastery/rune pages"
More mastery pages are being implemented, ETA is unknown. Common belief is that additional rune/mastery pages will cost either IP, RP, or either.

"Ingame item switching/consumable item slot"
Riot is currently considering how to address this. Last I heard, they were considering increasing inventory size to 8 slots. They WILL do something about this, they're just determining the optimal implementation.

Personally, I'd rather they made a secondary slot for consumables and let you carry as many of whatever you want.

1337SuperNewb

Recruiter

01-03-2010

As many consumables as you want or as many items as you want?