Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

NA and EU stability update

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ParagonPath

03-02-2014

Quote:
FlynnOFlenniken:
I'd like to take a moment to recall my experiences for the past few years regarding my internet connection and League.

I've always played with a wired connection. Not wireless.

When I first began playing League towards the end of season 1, I had Verizon internet. Not Fios. Just the high speed internet. Back then my connection to everything, even things not League, was pretty spotty. I'd disconnect frequently whether I was playing League or surfing the web. I normally had around 90 ping in game, but sometimes I'd have massive lag spikes. Been too long to remember exact numbers, but it'd be in several hundreds or thousands.

I believe at some point in season 2 I switched to Suddenlink internet. For several months at least I had pretty great internet. Averaged about 60 ping in League. Websites would load super fast. Started to play a lot more pvp hoping to get better at the game and eventually try my hand at ranked.

Probably around either the end of season 2 or beginning of season 3 I noticed my ping had gone up a little to about 70 ping. Didn't think too much of it.

Add a 2-3 months, 80 ping. Another couple months, 90. Some more, 100 ping. By the beginning of season 4 I was starting to average about 110 ping and the fluctuations were getting pretty bad.

Now I'm getting 130-150 ping with massive spikes to 1000-5000.

What's really weird is that the problem doesn't seem contained to League anymore for me. I'm having a hard time just browsing the web now. Websites take forever to load sometimes, or they'll load improperly and I'll have to refresh once or twice.

I can't tell what the problem is. Not sure if it's my isp or maybe my house has bad wiring? Maybe my isp is getting hit more than most by all the ddos lately? Guess I should probably contact my isp and ask some questions. See if they might be able to figure things out.

My vague location is somewhere between Houston and Dallas in Texas.

Maybe it's paranoia, but I feel like my problem has gradually gotten worse as this reflection ddos business has grown.

Figure any information might help you guys.

Edit: Also, there was a Saturday like one or two weeks ago I had 50 ping. I don't know WHAT happened, but it was pretty amazing getting to play with that. That was the only good day among a lot of bad ones though.

Ever since the server issues I've been getting 120-190 ms ping all day, every day. One day a few days ago it was down to 85 ping and it was amazing, but before all this happened I used to get 70-90 ping usually. I also live in Texas and my ISP is RoadRunner(Time Warner Cable).

Icedrag0n

03-02-2014

So when can I stop losing points due to this? Because as I see it now, I cannot even attempt ranked matches for the past month or my LP just drops due to these issues. I've yet to be on the winning side of these "attacks", and "Loss Prevented" is a myth or legend at best...

A Pig that flys

03-02-2014

For people who are still experiencing major lag like what some of you are experiencing, I'm fairly certain the problem is more on your side now. I live on the pacific coast of Canada, with cheap, 30 ping internet, and I rarely experience lag. Maybe on or two short DC's a day, but besides that, I'm perfectly fine. You all either need to get better internet or except the fact that an east coast server isn't on the plate right now

Ginger976

03-02-2014

Hey guys. Thought I would post this here. I am located in FL and the ping spikes/lag have been hitting me hard for a few months now. I finally went ahead and hard wired my internet instead of using WiFi and I haven't experienced any lag or spikes since.

Porande

03-02-2014

I am sorry to inform Riot that I will not be playing this game again until the NA servers are fixed. Random character freezes/attempting to reconnects are making this game unplayable. That is all.

Velgam

03-02-2014

Constant random freezes and Attempting to reconnect issues for me, I am using a wired connection 10mb connection, can't even play 1 game, and i dont have this issue with ANY other game so whats going on with riot?

QwertyiouP

Recruiter

03-02-2014

lagging and disconnecting :\ c'mon riot

CaptainKillSecur

03-02-2014

Since I posted earlier I now can't even play custom matches, making league unplayable now for me.

Schlampeficker

03-03-2014

Hey, while you guys work on the servers, can you please do something about game results? My connection to the server used to be very good consistently, but recently I've experienced so many random lag spikes where my champion is in the game auto attacking a minion or a champion, no command works, and I end up dead. I just try to avoid playing ranked, but after a normal game when I feel like the connection is stable, I play ranked games. In about 4 of my 5 recent ranked games, I've experience heavy lag and I feel it should not count as a loss, when the game ends and I am still not able to connect back to the game. Making me quite irritated. And once again, I request, if possible, can you guys have a type of 'server forecast?' I'm sure you guys can figure out when you guys' servers are acting cheap and ****ty and when they don't. Thanks!

Schlampeficker

03-03-2014

Quote:
sonicdeathmonk:
Work has been underway on NA for many months. We need to get EUW on our new architecture and make sure we have it baked into our automation. Then on to NA and EUN. Should start to see better network to game servers real soon. Also we are working on improving ping time for NA East Coast players. Cool things coming.

When is real soon? Any dates so I can know when I can start playing again?