Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

NA and EU stability update

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

318racer

03-01-2014

i wasent sure where to put this so i put it here, i need help, i recently had to resent my entire comp and re-download league of legends, but it wont finish, it sits and 33% and 99% bin_0x00000000 on the bottom bar, and i dont know why it wont finish its been sitting open for 2 days now while i just wait for it and i can find nothing to help me fix this problem, wondering if riot had any ideas to fix this please

kayakninja

03-01-2014

Quote:
318racer:
i wasent sure where to put this so i put it here, i need help, i recently had to resent my entire comp and re-download league of legends, but it wont finish, it sits and 33% and 99% bin_0x00000000 on the bottom bar, and i dont know why it wont finish its been sitting open for 2 days now while i just wait for it and i can find nothing to help me fix this problem, wondering if riot had any ideas to fix this please

If you want Red advice, you're probably better off putting in a ticket with the Support link at the bottom. Alternately, I've seen people have luck making their own threads. *Edit: start with the support ticket. That's the first thing they're going to tell you to do anyway most of the time.
Posting in an unrelated thread isn't an especially good way to get Riot's attention, especially since this dude isn't player support.

rastarogue

03-01-2014

First off, Thank you Riot for working your asses off to try to get your players a better ping and more stable server situation. I understand that these situations take time and I'm not in a hurry.

Secondly to all the people clamouring for a server for the east coast. It's not as simple as setting up a server and turning it on. I know one of the considerations they have to be facing is queue times. IF they split NA, there will be an increase in queue times, especially during non peak hours. Riot has probably done research on this, but I suspect people would rather play with a higher ping, than wait 10-20 minutes to catch a game.

Thirdly, can we please stop bashing and harassing Riot for every little thing. They are doing their best, working as fast as they can. And personally, I would rather see them take extra time and get it right the first time, then rush it and have it be terrible.

Tesin

03-01-2014

Quote:
rastarogue:

but I suspect people would rather play with a higher ping, than wait 10-20 minutes to catch a game.

You are wrong. It might add an extra minute or so to high elo queue times but at low elo where most players are there would be no difference. I personally would rather wait a minute or two longer and play with 20 ping than play with 120 ping. Most east coasters would agree and im betting you are from the west.

Always Strapped

03-01-2014

Quote:
Tesin:
You are wrong. It might add an extra minute or so to high elo queue times but at low elo where most players are there would be no difference. I personally would rather wait a minute or two longer and play with 20 ping than play with 120 ping. Most east coasters would agree and im betting you are from the west.

100% agree.

Grate Cornholio

03-01-2014

I just wanna say that I appreciate this great game that I am not required to spend money to play. While I do purchase RP for skins and whatnot, I do not HAVE to!!!! It is everyone's choice on whether or not they wish to spend money on the game. That being said, I understand that high ping sucks but people need to learn to be nicer to the Reds. Keep complaining and what is gonna happen is that we will start having to pay to play. I personally don't mind that option if it improves stability, but just remember that before you go tripping on the Reds that your parents might not pay for you to play every month. Keep up the excellent work Riot. Your game has helped me to stop using heroin by giving me a fun, legal way to occupy my time. I even noticed that the stability on ARAM has become much better than it was when I first began playing, and I appreciate that so much. THANK YOU RIOT!!!!

rastarogue

03-01-2014

Quote:
Tesin:

You are correct in that I live on the West Coast. However, I have a terrible internet connection and generally run around 120-200 ping, so I understand. Personally I would rather get in game faster, and have to play around my ping, than wait a long time to get in and have great ping. Again, just my opinion.

Booker DeWitt

03-01-2014

Quote:
Shentok:
My problem is that in 99% of the games I now get connected to the Oregon servers instead of the LA servers. It sucks. I hate having 60~70 ping when I used to have 25~30 ping every match. I know it's great having 60 ping comparatively, but I don't even know how people play on 60 ping. Everything feels delayed and it feels like my reaction times suck because of it.

I play on over 200 ping every game lol. Ping is an excuse for all but the top players.

LordZodios

03-01-2014

I hope you guys can do your best at defending as hard as you can to keep the servers working properly. I have to say that players that get mad and disappointed about the servers issues are or were ignored due to the where abouts of this issue, myself included. As a summoners and in the name of all of us, YOUR summoners, have your guys backs and blessings so that you guys can solve this humongous problem NA and EUW has at this point. I haven't played in 2 days cause the HUGE LAG I had in game, but now I know the situation is far more serious than I have ever imagined. GOOD LUCK RIOT AND KEEP UP THE HARD EXHAUSTING WORK... AND PLS ON OUR NAME, KICK THOSE HACKERS ASSES AND PROVE THEM THAT YOUR BETTER THAN THEY ARE!!! WE ARE COUNTING ON YOU!!!

LordZodios

03-01-2014

Quote:
Booker DeWitt:
I play on over 200 ping every game lol. Ping is an excuse for all but the top players.

i always play with a ping of 150 and this days have scaled up too 235 all the way to 700+ ping... its insane