NA and EU stability update

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThePlagueborn

02-23-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggle View Post
stfu 3 weeks of lag is unacceptable
Meh lag and server downtime are kinda normal for online games. Comes with the territory if you don't like that then stick to games with offline play. Heck you should be thankful riot is even taking the taking the time to give us status updates.

Bendurr

02-23-2014

I have lost roughly ten games in a row due to this, what an experience to see only my team lag out and the other team not.

Shaw Fujikawa

02-23-2014

Best of luck, Riot. If not for us, for you as well. :P

Hizzlebomb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2014

Thank goodness you finally posted this in GD, maybe now we can stop seeing these endless posts:

"F U RITO FIX UR SERVERS I LOST MY GAME BECAUSE OF U UR A SH*T COMPANY"

I would venture to say that many, if not most of us, support you Riot. We realize you're probably working around the clock on this and want it resolved just as much if not more than we do. I appreciate the post. Hope the world can find a way to mitigate these attacks somehow. +1.

-Hizzle

NiteRyne

02-23-2014

I am glad they have at least made an effort to communicate with us. I understand a lot of this is out of their control. The servers themselves are fine, for normal circumstances which is perfectly reasonable for us to expect. They are being targeted by hackers and also in some respects this should also be expected, but I don't think we can fault them because I doubt they were expecting the enormity of the attacks.

I am glad they are working on a solution and I hope the community can be mature and realize this is not entirely Riots fault.

That being said, I do however, wish that they had handled it slightly better as far as Loss Forgiven and enabling of Ranked Ques. I would much prefer if there is any possibility of unstable play that they just leave Ranked Ques down and enable Loss forgiven for the time frame in which anyone experiencing the connection issues.

Renaito Yuujou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2014

Wow, I am so sorry Riot. You've been getting a lot of hate lately about the servers, and it's hackers and DDoS that's causing all the lag? That makes me furious. I'd like to find one of these hacking sons of bítches and string 'em up myself.

12fingerJIM

02-23-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaito Yuujou View Post
Wow, I am so sorry Riot. You've been getting a lot of hate lately about the servers, and it's hackers and DDoS that's causing all the lag? That makes me furious. I'd like to find one of these hacking sons of bítches and string 'em up myself.
I'll help!

ForumPostingAcco

02-23-2014

Europe..... "recent"....

Dude Europe has been coming to our forums and complaining for MONTHS. Pretty sure EUW has been unplayable for over a year now.

I mean, I'm happy you're finally addressing this issue for us (NA), but.... don't pretend like you care about Europe LOL

Ovalusc

02-23-2014

I made a semi-popular post a few weeks ago *****ing about lag and how we need east coast servers, and I take back every word of it. Thank you so much for what you do Riot, and hopefully you can beat the hackers and continue to provide this amazing game to us.

sonicdeathmonk

Vice President of Operations

02-23-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumPostingAcco View Post
Europe..... "recent"....

Dude Europe has been coming to our forums and complaining for MONTHS. Pretty sure EUW has been unplayable for over a year now.

I mean, I'm happy you're finally addressing this issue for us (NA), but.... don't pretend like you care about Europe LOL
Not long now for all new EU (EUW first than EUN not long after) directly connected to the Amsterdam Internet Exchange:

http://i.imgur.com/KHCOydT.jpg

In the meantime we have this week finally moved all existing EUW game servers off to new bigger circuits directly connected to the Frankfurt DE-CIX Internet Exchange, tuning in progress. EUN game servers now have their own circuits as well with tons more bandwidth.

-sonicdeathmonk