Do you lose more often when you are in a premade?

When I play in a preamde I win/lose about 50/50 seems balanced. 7 13.46%
When I'm in a premade I win 60% of the time or more, seems unfair in my favor! 6 11.54%
When I'm in a premade I lose 60% of the time or more, supporting Riot's data! 30 57.69%
My cat's breath smells like cat food. 9 17.31%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Do you lose more often when you queue with friends?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shillen

01-04-2010

If I queue with my good friends we win most. If I queue with my bad friends we lose most. If I queue with a couple good friends and 1 friend who is bad we will lose most.

edit: Real premades win the vast majority of the time.

People who just group up and play as though they're solo bring the number down. People who are highish elo grouping with people who are lowish elo absolutely destroy premade win rates as the anti-smurf mechanic is brutal. The sad thing is these people are just playing with each other for fun and being punished as though they're attempting to smurf.

Seizou

01-04-2010

It does happen frequently, but it's all in good fun. I am playing with my friends after all, if we win, then that's just an added bonus. =P

Khashishi

01-04-2010

ventrillo skews these results some. Not every pre-made uses ventrillo.

RandomClown

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khashishi View Post
ventrillo skews these results some. Not every pre-made uses ventrillo.
I agree. There is a vast difference between the team that is communicating regularly and the one that is not. I suppose it is not a surprise, as this game rewards teamwork heavily. Superior teamwork through voice chat is something that isn't brought to the table when matching based on ELO. However, it can be the crucial difference between two premade teams.

This is where built in voice chat would be beneficial to mitigate the advantage of a team that is using voice chat and able to actively work together. Having the option available to everyone would at least make that speed of communication possible, rather than it being exclusive to those teams that go to the extra effort to set up and get everyone into vent.

I've been in many games where it is very obvious that my rag tag premade, made up of solid players, simply gets out played because we can't communicate on the same level without voicechat. Not to mention when you go up against some people who are not only strong players, and using voicechat, but also experienced with that other player....and are that much more coordinated for it.

I find that these are some of biggest advantages one premade can have over another that the matchmaking system simply can't account for. Best really to level the playing field a bit and give the option to every team, rather than just the ones that are able to exploit that facet. Granted, the team might not utilize it to the same extent as the one that planned to use it heavily, but for it to be available would be the first step to leveling the playing field..