Caitlyn, The fail sniper!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blazeise

01-05-2011

stacking AD you do more dps with her auto attacks than her ult. that shouldnt happen. and imo, her ult should be true dmg. nobody wears armor on their face except morde. who still has an open spot. a real sniper would take advantage of this by lining up the perfect shot BAM right in their face. or neck. or w/e that isnt armored

KrushakArrankiss

01-05-2011

The point of the ult was to finish someone off, not take half their health. Stop using it in team fights.

Ultraman Wong

01-05-2011

I'm surprised to see all these skill-by-skill comparisons...
Balance isn't about one skill, it's about the set of skills that a champion has, along with its innate stats and the general system of the game.

Her auto-attack is comparable to Karth's Q, except that his Q depends more on skill and incompetence.

So hey, let's buff her ulti, but include a slight mana cost to her auto-attack, this way we can have a female Karthus. That's what you guys want, right?
Or let's make her "auto" attacks skill-shots like his Q, this way we can play Call of Duty, because she's a snipeeeeeeeeeeer.

How about Lux? Should we make Cait a Lux-clone instead?

SOBRAVE STAR

01-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lor**** View Post
Im sorry this isn't CoD guys no such thing as Quick Scoping in League of Legends unless your Ezreal.
Ezreal has to channel for a second.

Blazeise

01-05-2011

her auto attack is comparable? at full build karthas' q hits for upwards of 8-900. and karthas' auto attack actually does quite a bit of dmg btw....might as well just compare those. the point is, its a worthless ult. finishing someone off (which usually fails) has no impact on a team fight. they were just gna run away and recall anyways, thus taking them out of it. they use karthus' ult bc he can use it to finish off MULTIPLE 1/4 hp or 1/2 hp enemy champs WITHOUT MISSING. yet a sniper cant even finish off 1 champ at 1/4 with her ult? it makes it absolutely worthless and leaves her out of the champion selection entirely. there is NO reason to play caitlyn over other champs.

Le Shirrif

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2011

Isn't Caitlyns ult on a shorter CD, lower mana cost, and has better scaling?

01-05-2011

If Riot be launching champions do not compete with existing ones, there'll be why buying these champions. Why always see the same set of champions in every game? I think it's because they offer more advantages than others, which makes me think that it is only to make money and not to provide a champion who actually causes the change battlefield tactics, do not want a champion that unbalanced the game, but give us a new way to act in battle and to give us the means to do so...The others skill Q ( Could improve a little ) ,W and E for me is Ok...But its ability R...I'm disappointed

ItZ NoT A TuMA

01-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrushakArrankiss View Post
The point of the ult was to finish someone off, not take half their health. Stop using it in team fights.
We've been over this before. You're implying that Caitlyn is nothing more then a useless kill stealer who's ult cancels if they go into brush or fog of war.
Right.

Atyres

01-05-2011

I actually have noticed it doing less damage than I expected, good example was a running Tryndamere who had almost no health after he popped Rage, Rage wears off I lined up the shot (which should have done around 600 damage according to the tooltip) along with 40% armor pen from last whisper and it did not kill him. So without his undying rage and with that much damage I don't know how he didn't die.

Kitor the Mad

01-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lor**** View Post
Whats her second ability a root? use it use your Ultimate you hit your target.
Yea its a root but not a direct one and even when it hits, rare since its such a small trigger radius, its 1.5 seconds cant even hardly react and charge a Q skill on that let allow the 3 second+ charge up on the ult. Its mainly an escape and scouting tool.

Also true it makes sense to scope like a real snipe. But real snipers can 1 shot kill this can't 3 shot kill a squishy. I like the charge up but if you want it accurate make it true damage.